Bruno Gervais - Mark Flood

Brett Carson - Nicolas Deslaurieres

Simon Gysbergs

Dwayne Roloson

UNSIGNED PROSPECTS:

Seth Ambroz

Nikita Kucherov

Tobias Reider

I will be looking to move Corey Perry or Shane Doan for a top 6 centerman in real life. Also I will be looking to move 1 of Jay Harrison, Steve Montador and Adrian Aucoin for some more forward depth. I am really looking for minor league depth for my forwards too. Any of my minor league dmen could go for forwards.

The Habs have multiple question marks on the eve of training camp, and some of them are of the large variety.

1) Ryan O'Reilly, pegged to be the 2nd-line center and a major part of our top-6 going forward, is unlikely to report to training camp as he is still over in Russia.

2) Erik Cole, our current top-line right-winger, has voiced his displeasure with the new CBA that is about to be agreed to, and is considering retirement at the end of this coming season.

3) Brent Burns had sports hernia surgery in the summer, but updates on his condition have been few and far between. We expect Burns to be at training camp, but our doctors have yet to evaluate his injury and his status is unknown.

4) Blake Geoffrion may never play hockey again after suffering a depressed skull fracture in an AHL game earlier this season, and updates on his condition have been hard to come by as well.

Needless to say, the next week will be very important as GM _arby_18 and his coaching staff determine what the opening night roster will look like. It would be safe to assume that the Habs are 'open for business', as some adjustments will likely need to be made. Many teams have already expressed heavy interest in both Anders Lindback and Alex Galchenyuk, and while both players are highly valued within the Canadiens organization, nobody is untouchable.

Madison Square Garden NEWS 2013

PrimalOptimist and his staff have taken up residence at MSG offices, an arena which is putting the finishing touches on the ice as we speak. Primal was candid with the newsdesk crew earlier today.

"Good afternoon, yes of course we are open for business. What we don't want to do is rush into any trades or deals where we have not thought through the process.

We tried unsuccessfully before the lockout to get a guy we covet off waivers..and as luck would have it he came on the wire again, we are waiting to hear back from the league if we are successful or not this time, and I can't discuss names until we know. Secondly we have been negotiating for a particular player who is UFA right now, since oh, I think July 1st..and that seems really close to a deal now, perhaps closer than at any time in the past six months.

We have sent out some enquiries to some GM's about specific players that were in our black book of wishes, and we are taking calls. Like I say though, we are working full speed, but we will not rush into a bad situation, we will take our time, choose our ground and leverage time for our club.

We have time. There is no need to rush here in New York, we have a solid offensive core, rock solid. We have the luxury of three NHL ready goaltenders, and with Mike Smith at the helm there, decisions will have to be made in camp about who will back him up. I have not been shy in saying that Rick DiPietro is available, but we will have to see as he makes his case on the ice. This guy is an outstanding tender, former first overall pick and a superb puck handler, which springs you out of the backend on the attack. When he is healthy he can hold his own against the best in the league. Sadly, we must choose a backup and move either Rick or Steve Mason, another outstanding goaltender. It is so rare for a team to have three NHL calibre guys in the paint, I am open to thoughts and offers of course, but so far nothing has changed, Rick was outworked last year, and unless we see something great in camp he is still the odd man out, he knows this, we have talked. His value though is rising.

Make no mistake. Our Defensive group is steller, and we are going to miss the retired Jaroslav Spacek. New York is proud to have him retire in our jersey, and we only wish we saw him play a few more years. We have a good group of young kids ready to fight for the chance to fill his skates, and that is exciting to see. My door is open, my phone is listed, and we are in business in Madison Square Garden."

We had to edit out the rest of the excited Primal Optimist's remarks, but he did touch on the clubs wish to pick up 2013 draft picks, even more on Rick DiPietro, who is healthy and ready for camp, and the abundance of centers on the club, more than hinting that he is ready and willing to move a center out of New York.

Our thoughts and prayers go to Dominic Moore and his family, we were all very saddened to hear that his wife passed away a couple days ago. She had a long fight with cancer and couldn't get the ultimate win.

We will continue to Support Dominic Moore and his family in any way we can.

So, by my count, having Brunners back puts us in 5 different countries.

Canada

Germany (TGC)

England (Brunners)

Scotland (Ovechkinator)

Australia (Ratiocinator)

And Canada is represented by at least 3 provinces; BC, Saskatchewan (Romo), Manitoba (da.moose and arby).

Did I miss anyone?

coming soon. saving this spot.

I had asked here if we still had to send in our waiver claims to C2X, but then realized by asking in the general thread i was tipping my hand..so i quickly erased that post and 'saved' the spot to come back today and update...I am hoping to have picked up tough bottom sixer Cody Bass, but we will see if anyone else claimed him lower than me in the standings.

Your not a SAR vulunteer too are you?

I live in Revelstoke, home of RMR Resort. Every winter since they put that God forsaken resort in, we are over-run with tourists from all over the world. Most are fine. But many are a scourge to the town... I'd trade Revelstoke 2013 for Revelstoke 2005 any day of the week. It's depressing and infuriating what's become of my beloved hometown....

Archived