The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Nik Antropov scores the New York Rangers first 2 points of the season with a multi dimensional play taking ThatMikes Jason SPezza off the ice as both players take 2 mins for coincidental minors.

Might the gloves come off in the second period? Chirping from both sin bins makes me wanna see more! haha

Great start this afternoon for the Panthers. Neil, Toews, Neal, Crawford, Latendresse, Tangradi, Karlsson all with contributions :)

Also, although no points from Burmi, played a tremendous hockey game, looks a lot stronger and we can`t wait to see him develop :)

Rob Scuderi picks up a goal as the Flames first scorer of the season. I have to say I`m pleasantly surprised that Rob is putting points like that up for the team. Also having watched the Jets game I am annoyed because Jokinen was playing well from what I saw but it appeared that he and Wellwood were under orders to pass it to Kane which killed everything because Kane won`t pass it back.

Tampa Bay Lightning Opening Day News:

- Andrej Meszaros was able to play in the season opener thanks to the prolonged lockout, logging just under 20 minutes.

- Thanks to a Shea Weber fight with Jared Boll, Roman Josi was able to log 27 minutes and led the Preds.

- Johnny Oduya in his Lightning debut also logs over 20 minutes and was a cool +2.

- The duo of Hedman and Carle each log around 20 minutes and are every bit as solid as the GM and coach envisioned when making them our top duo

- In a defensive battle, Carey Price loses his first game, being beat by 2 PPGs.

As we can see, the revamped Tampa defense is as advertised thus far.

Archived