The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Nice to see our Prospects Niklas Svedberg and Michael Sgarbossa at the AHL All Star Classic.

Niklas and Mike both are playing their first Season in the AHL and both has been really impressive so far. :)

The AHL All Star Classic Rosters

http://theahl.com/roster-changes-announced-for-all-star-classic-p181490

As for vacant teams, I have no fixed opinion, but sure it would be nice to have GM's move from one team to another, if there are vacancies, but I have a thought on how to accomplish that going forward: If you move from one team's GM to another vacant team, then that vacant team will have one of its top line swap with one of your current teams 3rd line, with each player selected by dice roll. 1 or 2: LW, 3 or 4 C and 5 or 6 RW. That way there is a cost to move "up" would be the word I would use here, and the team your leaving gets instantly better by swapping a third liner for a 1st liner.

I think this does two things: it helps spread the talent around, and it makes sure that GM's that want to move teams really want to move teams, a bottom end team with a lot of rebuild work ahead of it is the likely candidate for a GM to move to our example currently, the Penguins. So why not leave an easter egg behind for the inevitable new GM of that bottom end team.

I would support this, but I am not in any way looking to cause a fight. What are your thoughts on this guys? Simple solution to helping make bottom end teams more attractive, spread talent around, and allow for GM's to change teams inside a system.

If, as I suspect, a lot of people think the swap of 1st liner fo 3rd liner is too high a price that would negate the use of changing teams, for instance if say the cost was a Sedin or a Crosby or such for a Stajan that would be a huge swing of power from one team to another...so maybe a fourth liner for a 2nd liner would be more in order?

Again just spit balling some ideas...a further thought to that would be that applicant GM's would get the vacant team based on waiver status....lowest GM to apply inside the window gets the vacant team. ?

RECALLED:

The San Jose Sharks would like to recall D Jonas Brodin, and F Brad Malone and place them both on the active roster.

SAN JOSE SHARKS

Semin - Spezza - Briere*

Morrow - Brodziak - Zubrus

Regin - Anisimov - Moen

Malone - Konopka - Boll

Reaves

Morris - Goligoski

Tallinder - Lovejoy

Potter - Falk

Brodie - Brodin

Reimer

Bishop

IR: Downie, Kindl

*Injured, but will remain on the active roster for now

MSG News 2013

Chad Johnson, who played in net for the Connecticut Whale in previous years is now in the Rangers System. I am excited to announce this stellar and oft overlooked young net minder has agreed to come to into the New York/Connecticut system as a steadying influence and depth goaltender. With the buyout of Rick DiPietro earlier this month we were very shallow in net..as was highlighted last night when Mike Smith left the game with a slight LBI.

Chad has decent numbers, is a superb athlete and will be an outstanding addition to our lineup when and as needed. His ability to come into games and situations cold was the determining factor in his hiring here, as we believe there is no better backup in that department, cold starts, emergency starts and performing above expectations under pressure.

Back in the IIHF World Championship a few years ago Chad came off the bench in relief in THREE games totalling over 70 minutes of ice time, and only allowed one goal that whole tournament. I won't name names, but the guy he relieved is a GML star these days. We believe Chad has what it takes to equal that status, and look forward to watching him bloom.

As per league rules, Chad will have to begin with us on the Connecticut Whale, until such time as roster room is made for his emergency call up if necessary, in relief of Mike Smith, injured last night in league play.

MSG News 2013

"Thank you for coming on short notice, members of the press, this depth signing as you know was indeed triggered by Mike's injury last night, as it forced us to cut short our internal process to replace Rick DiPietro on the depth chart. We had already narrowed the field and at the top of the short list was Chad Johnson. Today we did some more work and basically confirmed that he was available, remarkably, and all that was left was defining the terms we wanted and weighing that against the risks and finding his agent. The rest went smoothly and here we are. I happy to say though that Mike Smith's injury is not as serious as it could have been, he was diligent on the ice and took the precaution necessary to limit the damage. We are waiting until tomorrow morning to determine if we will put him on LTIR, and now, if we need to go that route, we have Chad Johnson available and in the system for the next three years, which is fantastic for us. This process would have resulted in a depth netminder eventually, and we were heavily leaning towards Chad from the outset of the week, so this just sped up that ongoing process to improve our club.

Its too late in the day to get Chad in as a backup to Steve Mason tonight but we expect him to fly in later this evening and will evaluate Mike in the morning and make a call for Saturdays game. " - GM Primal Optimist on his franchise netminding situation today.

Archived