The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Boston Gazette

headlines this morning:

Two young heros split January honour of Bruins MVP

Dynamic rookie Vladamir Tarasenko, and young defensive superstar Kevin Shattenkirk, have both bolted out to a great start, seeing Boston leading the league through a one week stint in January!

Offense a bit sluggish? Take one Visnovsky, and call me in the morning.

Lubomir Visnovsky announced today that he will return to North American soil Wednesday. A solid puck mover and playmaker may be exactly what the team needs to pick up the pace as they struggle to remain in the top rankings in the landlocked eastern standings.

The battle for the 2nd line continues...

Both the right and left wing positions are in full rotation, as the fluid roster seeks two permanent fits. Wojtek Wolski, Drew Stafford, Joel Ward, Troy Brouwer and Tyler Kennedy all continue to jockey for position, and continue to circle in this game of musical 2nd liners... could this be a problem best solved by trade? Only time will tell.

(Call-Up): The Washington Capitals call up Boyd Gordon to the NHL roster.

General Manager Statement: Boyd is a real leader on this team when he is in the lineup. All the guys are excited to have him back and I know he will easily transition back into the NHL. Last year Boyd was one of our biggest contributors come playoff time and due to his defensive prowess and faceoff capabilities earned himself big minutes down the stretch. His versatility and experience make him easy to slip in anywhere we need within the lineup and we are going to try to keep him with the big squad for the rest of the season if possible.

UPDATED WASHINGTON CAPITALS LINEUP:

Evander Kane - Pavel Datsyuk - Kyle Turris

Patrik Elias - Sam Gagner - Zack Kassian

Marcus Foligno - Brad Boyes - Jakob Silfverberg

Matt Halischuk - Jacob Josefson - Jordin Tootoo

Healthy Scratch: Boyd Gordon

Tobias Enstrom - Keith Yandle

Kyle Quincey - Ryan Ellis

Simon Despres - Matt Carkner

Healthy Scratches: Mark Fayne(day-to-day), Roman Hamrlik

Devan Dubnyk

Miikka Kiprusoff

gazettesmall.png

Montreal Gazette Headlines

Feb. 1, 2013

Who's the Number One Goalie going forward?

Both Niklas Backstrom and Anders Lindback have been phenomenal so far between the pipes for the Habs this season whenever they've been in the crease. However, a decision will likely need to be made soon as it isn't possible to start both goalies. Look for Backstrom, who is in the final year of his contract, to be shopped as the younger Lindback is groomed to become the #1.

Alex Galchenyuk has helped fans forget that Ryan O'Reilly remains apart from the team

The emergence of rookie Alex Galchenyuk has been a major bright spot for the Habs this season, as he has stepped right into the second-line center position vacated by Ryan O'Reilly during his hold-out. No decisions have been made about what to do with O'Reilly, but one source suggests that GM _arby_18 is very unimpressed with the youngster who was acquired prior to the 2012 NHL Entry Draft for Braydon Coburn and the 2012 MTL 2nd Round Pick.

Brent Burns resumes skating, but his return remains a question-mark

The Habs blue-line has done a tremendous job so far considering the injuries that Brent Burns and Matt Greene have sustained. Free-agent signings Mike Kostka and Brian Strait have come in and performed very admirably, but there is still not doubt that Burns remains an integral part of the Habs blue-line. He has recently begun skating his teammates, but the time-line for his recovery remains unknown.

standingsEastern.png...........standingsWestern.png

......EASTERN.....................WESTERN....

small.png - 602 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 560

2ef5pn7.jpg - 506 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 498

small.png - 461 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 406

small.png - 567 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 486

small.png - 448 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 412

small.png - 444 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 398

small.png - 443 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 398

small.png - 438 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 395

---------------------------------------------------

small.png - 413 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 352

small.png - 403 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 351

small.png - 400 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 308

small.png - 365 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 303

small.png - 362 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 272

small.png - 354 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 266

small.png - 169 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 241

Not at all! That was my whole idea.

I know nobody wants to read an essay, so it's a waste of thread space and time. I'm just givin the important hits, and keeping it simple, as I want to find a way to convey the exciting things that are happening for my team, and what I'm dealing with as a gm.

I will be trying to do a headline burst once every week or two. And focussing on making interesting for anyone else ;)

Quick simple and easy ;) everyone is welcome to copy format.

OH yes your right, just had a peek and i know it will all work out....no biggee......hurry up and heal Matt Lombardi...geesh. Not even for my team sake, but your career can't take another detour around another lost season due to injuries. That is the last bit for a peaceful but point filled rise inthe standings!

Archived