Marcus Foligno - Boyd Gordon - Jakob Silfverberg

Dan Carcillo - Jacob Josefson - Jordin Tootoo

Zack Kassian, Richard Panik, Matt Halischuk

Mark Fayne - Keith Yandle

Simon Despres - Ryan Ellis

Tim Erixon - Roman Hamrlik

Devan Dubnyk

Miikka Kiprusoff

Rumour: Newly signed Capitals defenseman Joe Finley was expecting an NHL job in Washington. Unfortunately for the 25 year old, a delay in the signing process and the fact that Finley is waiver eligible has found him a spot in the AHL lineup.

If any team is interested in trading for this full time NHLer with the intention of giving him an NHL job, PM me.

1) Realignment: Why are we concerned if Quebec is located far away from teams in their division? Qe adon't actually travel. Squeak should just take over the NHL's spot for Phoenix in the Pacific division. We can correct the geography when the NHL catches up to us and corrects their mistake.

2) Waivers: The topic of where players can be placed after being claimed off waivers has been brought up before as I remember being strongly of the opinion that players must be assigned to the same level of team unless designated so by the team that has their rights. The reason I felt this way at the time was because the lowest 2 or 3 teams could claim anyone and place them in their minors. I think we want to avoid having players in the minors who should not be.

3) Roster Transaction: I think the irregularity of styles and terms for roster moves has become very confusing, whether it be for waivers, assignment, recalls or activations from LTIR. I propose we design simple standardized 'Forms', to be placed in the OP to be copied and pasted, with easily recognizable looks. This way no GM, or League Executive, will miss important information or have a hard time searching for it. I use one myself for LTIR, that hasn't changed in 3 years, so that everyone will know it when they see it.

Alright... after some digging... I figured out the way it will work in the NHL.... I'll use the west as an example

West 1: Anaheim, Calgary, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Jose and Vancouver.

West 2: Chicago, Colorado, Dallas, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis and Winnipeg.

The playoff format is very similar to what is current.... except top 3 teams for each division automatically qualify and are then seeded by points, and then the other 6 (or 8) teams battle for the remaining two spots.

2013-2014 playoffs (for example purposes.... the 1-6 could be in different order):

1. West 1- 1st place

2. West 1 -2nd place

3. West 2 -1st place

4. West 1 -3rd place

5. West 2 - 2nd place

6. West 2 - 3rd place

7. Wild-card spot

8. Wild-card spot.

Then it would be 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5.....

1) Realignment: Why are we concerned if Quebec is located far away from teams in their division? Qe adon't actually travel. Squeak should just take over the NHL's spot for Phoenix in the Pacific division. We can correct the geography when the NHL catches up to us and corrects their mistake.

I would like to make a simple suggestion to clear up all waiver issues, or a lot of them going forward:

Waivers will only be processed if they are made as a single statement contained in their own post with no preamble, or postscript and the wavier statement must be in the following copy and paste format:

Waiver Notice: The New York Rangers waive Obiwan Kenobi.

I would like to make a simple suggestion to clear up all waiver issues, or a lot of them going forward:

Waivers will only be processed if they are made as a single statement contained in their own post with no preamble, or postscript and the wavier statement must be in the following copy and paste format:

Waiver Notice: The New York Rangers waive Obiwan Kenobi.

No other words or description may be in the post containing the waiver notice.

To me that is simple, to the point and direct with zero obfuscation such as we have seen with waiver notices being the third line down on a 24 line post with a full write up about a team..or being the last line in a similar long winded wall of text et cetera. If this format is adopted and made a rule in the CBA on the first page then all GM's will know going forward that only waivers that follow that format are acceptable, seems easy to me: anything not conforming would not be processed. Simple.

Anyone object to that really? It isn't a huge issue, but I think it would make it very easy to follow for everyone, without exception.

I believe it's spelled Obi-Wan.

yns.jpg

No other words or description may be in the post containing the waiver notice.

To me that is simple, to the point and direct with zero obfuscation such as we have seen with waiver notices being the third line down on a 24 line post with a full write up about a team..or being the last line in a similar long winded wall of text et cetera. If this format is adopted and made a rule in the CBA on the first page then all GM's will know going forward that only waivers that follow that format are acceptable, seems easy to me: anything not conforming would not be processed. Simple.

Archived