The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Minnesota GM wallstreetamigo is said to be pondering the future direction of the team. Hovering just outside a playoff spot and seemingly unable to move up, there are rumors that Minnesota could become a seller towards the trade deadline although WSA is willing to be patient if the team can turn things around a little bit in the coming weeks.

I like the idea of using a standard form for waivers, assignments, etc. and that they should be in their own post. I actually suggested this to the league last year and hoped it would be implemented by now considering all the confusion we have seen with waivers here.

The thing is, I've used the same format for posting that stuff since I started the game. Many people have mirrored the way I do things, or varied it slightly, and it works. It makes it easy, it's simple and to be honest, that's how I prefer it to be done. Lead by example sort of thing. Every roster move, waiver move, trade post etc is always the same when I post and nobody misses anything I've posted in that regard. And if you do, well... no rule I make is going to help. :P

I stopped short of mandating it as rule because then where is the line? What if he follows the format but doesn't bold it? How picky do we get? It's not that difficult to make a simple roster move post without a stringent set of rules governing them. I have more faith in our membership than to feel it's necessary to set forth a strict set of rules. There are basic guidelines and if you look, they are in the CBA post. If you're putting a player on waivers, it has to be explicitly posted that the player is being placed on waivers. If you're making roster changes, you have to post them in the thread, etc. It's nothing new. Some people prefer to do it differently. As long as it's simple, noticeable and clear, that's not a problem.

Any confusion isn't caused by a lack of a strict system, it's caused by GMs not doing their homework on player they're trying to send down, not reading the rules or hoping to slip a player through the cracks with nobody noticing. Those errors and oversights would happen regardless of a system of rules for those moves.

^ I still would hope that at the very least people that try to put waiver notices inside a complete team report including their lines on both the big club and the farm team are scolded in PM's and if need be publicly...as that is pure obfuscation and trying to circumvent decent civility, lol.

can we not all just put waivers in their own post free of any other clutter, it doesn't have to be a rule, but it would be just common curtesy to not try to hide your waiver moves.

I think the main culprit is burying waiver stuff in a post with lineups, team reports, etc. I think it should be mandated that roster moves must have their own post. If you want to do multiple roster mooves in one post that should be fine as long as no other info is in there. That is pretty easy for anyone to follow imo.

So the wording of it is not a big deal or anything to get to caught up in. But trying to hide it in another post is just unrealistic. I mean in real life every team knows without a doubt who is on waivers every day, right? It should clearly state that the player is being put on waivers though.

certainly these are all small issues, if they are even issues..but while we are making some suggestions I have another suggestion for next year IF we use pickuphockey can each teams players be entered via the following order: top line, then top pairing D then top Goalie...then second line, 2nd pairing D and backup, then 3rd line, third pairing D et cetera....I for one like to check out the final column on pickuphockey which shows that 'rounds' league wide average and its easy to then check out my guy compared to league average...it works well for spots 1, 2 and 3 4 5 and 6, as i think those are universally the top line and second line from left to right in order..but when i want to compare my top Dman to the league average..its is hit or miss as I don't know where abouts it fits in on others roster 'round' I figure if the first six were the complete starting lineup for any team, ergo its top line, pair and goalie then that would stay somewhat standardized throughout the year.

Does that make sense or did i over-complicate the idea? lol

EDIT: again very small inconsequencial nuance...lol...i am almost feeling terrible for bringing it up..almost.

Rumour: Down to 4 (!) NHL-calibre d-men due to injuries, it sounds like Habs GM _arby_18 has signed off on a big trade that will help address the issues that are plaguing the roster. It also sounds like the GM was reluctant to do so, but desperate times called for desperate measures...

I think the main culprit is burying waiver stuff in a post with lineups, team reports, etc. I think it should be mandated that roster moves must have their own post. If you want to do multiple roster mooves in one post that should be fine as long as no other info is in there. That is pretty easy for anyone to follow imo.

So the wording of it is not a big deal or anything to get to caught up in. But trying to hide it in another post is just unrealistic. I mean in real life every team knows without a doubt who is on waivers every day, right? It should clearly state that the player is being put on waivers though.

I've been asking for guys to do it this way for a while, though I had no problem if they were within another post as long as it was clearly marked. But if you guys want it as a rule, I'm good with that too. Also inserted some wording re: players playing out of position and changed some language to shore up the 'accidental' waivers scenario directly through the rules.

CBA REVISION

Item 3.1 Active Roster Guidelines and Item 5.3 Waivers have been revised. Revisions are in bold.

3.1 – Active Roster Guidelines

Each roster will consist of a full 23 player roster. Teams are limited to a maximum of 14 forwards, 8 defencemen or 2 goaltenders on an active roster at any one time. An empty goaltending roster spot cannot be filled by a forward or defenceman. Teams can dress any roster at their discretion, within these guidelines, provided that teams keep their players happy as outlined in Article 2 Section 2. Any roster move must be made in it's own post and clearly phrased. Roster moves that are not in their own post will not be processed.

Teams can request a player be dressed in a different position (i.e: forward playing defence, defenceman playing forward) on an emergency basis, but this will be accepted for no more than a seven day period. In order to do this, you must post a roster move indicating your player is being placed out of position. This roster move must in it's own post and clearly marked.

5.3 – Waivers

To place a player on waivers, you simply post in the thread that you are placing that player on waivers. The waivers placement must be in it's own post and clearly phrased. Waivers assignments that do not follow this format will not be processed and the player will not be on waivers. Players will remain on waivers for 24 hours.

I think that cleans things up with the waiver stuff considerably. Thanks curt.

One question about the roster positions.....where do we verify that info? I often see some players listed as C/W or LW on one site and RW on another. Is there a standard for us to follow to determine when a guy is actually out of position?

Generally, putting guys on the off wing isn't a huge concern.

Evander Kane - Pavel Datsyuk - Brad Boyes

Patrik Elias - Sam Gagner - Kyle Turris

Marcus Foligno - Boyd Gordon - Jakob Silfverberg

Dan Carcillo - Jacob Josefson - Jordin Tootoo

Zack Kassian, Richard Panik, Matt Halischuk

Mark Fayne - Keith Yandle

Simon Despres - Ryan Ellis

Tim Erixon - Roman Hamrlik

Devan Dubnyk

Miikka Kiprusoff

3.1 – Active Roster Guidelines

Each roster will consist of a full 23 player roster. Teams are limited to a maximum of 14 forwards, 8 defencemen or 2 goaltenders on an active roster at any one time.

Archived