The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

So playing a winger at center or a D at forward (or vice versa) would be bigger concerns to the league then. That makes sense. Thanks curt.

Exactly.

Now, if you've got 6 LW's in the offseason and want to fill a void at wing by signing another LW, then that might come into play. But otherwise, off-wing isn't a big concern.

1) Realignment: Why are we concerned if Quebec is located far away from teams in their division? Qe adon't actually travel. Squeak should just take over the NHL's spot for Phoenix in the Pacific division. We can correct the geography when the NHL catches up to us and corrects their mistake.

For 2 reasons, neither of which are overly compelling to be honest. First, I despise the idea of a team in Phoenix where it so clearly doesn't work. And second, just for the realism of it. It's not written in stone though and if our members want to consider a scenario like the one you suggested, I'm open to the idea.

2) Waivers: The topic of where players can be placed after being claimed off waivers has been brought up before as I remember being strongly of the opinion that players must be assigned to the same level of team unless designated so by the team that has their rights. The reason I felt this way at the time was because the lowest 2 or 3 teams could claim anyone and place them in their minors. I think we want to avoid having players in the minors who should not be.

Thanks for the reminder. :)

CBA REVISION

Item 5.1 Trades has been revised. Revisions are in bold.

5.1 – Trades

You may make an unlimited amount of trades, but both GMs involved in the trade must PM canuck2xtreme. Points are not transferred when a player is traded. For example, if Alex Ovechkin has 38 points for Team A and then is traded to Team B, his point totals remain on Team A. Ovechkin would start on Team B with 0 points. Trades are not official until posted by the League in the thread, and may take up to 48 hours to confirm. All trades are backdated to the day they were submitted to the league and agreed upon by both GMs, so teams will not miss out on any points. Players who are traded must remain at the same league level as they were on their original team at the time of the trade (Active roster to active roster, minors to minors, etc. ) unless they are eligible to be assigned otherwise. Waivers rules apply to players who are subject to waivers before being sent down if teams want to place a player from his original teams active roster in the minors.

TRADE: The Montreal Canadiens have made a trade with the Colorado Avalanche.

To MTL:

Josh Gorges

Tom Poti

Andrew Alberts

Eric Nystrom

Radek Faksa

Kevin Connauton

MTL 2013 1st Round Draft Selection

To COL:

Ryan O'Reilly

David Jones

Future Considerations

This deal was obviously made for the future from a Colorado standpoint. While we did move some very good players, we brought in Ryan O'Reilly, who will be a key building block for us. David jones will improve our depth on the wings and bring some more scoring punch to our top 6. We wish all the players heading to Montreal good luck in the future and thank Habs GM arby for a very positive negotiation. Both jones and O'Reilly will be placed on the Avs roster. Line combos upcoming.

Archived