The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

mon_comp.gif

Press Release

2-26-13

MONTREAL, QC - The Montreal Canadiens were not going to let the injuries to their blue-line ruin their season. The large move that was made today sees Ryan O'Reilly and David Jones head to Colorado in exchange for Josh Gorges, Tom Poti, Andrew Alberts, Eric Nystrom, Kevin Connauton, the rights to Radek Faksa and their own 2013 1st Round Pick.

With 5 defenders on the LTIR, it was imperative that a move be made to shore up the blue-line, and this move did that. With the injuries to Zach Redmond, Brian Strait and Matt Greene likely being all year, and Erik Johnson being a question mark with his concussion, multiple bodies were required to be brought in, and the decision was made to move O'Reilly and Jones to bring them in.

We were not looking to move O'Reilly, but it became apparent that a move of this magnitude required him to be a part of it. At the end of the day, he was an asset that was not playing for us, and had not donned a Habs jersey yet since we'd acquired him this summer, and he was deemed expendable thanks to the emergence of Alex Galchenyuk in our top-6. But in order to move the young 22-year-old center, along with a top-6 forward in Jones, we felt we needed quantity and quality in return. We believe we did that.

Gorges, Poti and Alberts were brought in to instantly stabilize the blue-line, and Nystrom is a forward that will help fill the void left by the other two vacated forwards. On top of that, we feel that the additions of Faksa, Connauton and the 1st will help ease the pain of moving O'Reilly, as these will be very important parts of our future.

We hope that this signals to our fans, and to our compeittors, that we will not be giving up on our season nor will we sell the future to stay alive. This was a move that will keep us strong this season and hopefully into the future as well.

Yo Curt, regarding the new CBA changes, would we be allowed to post like this? I find this was the easiest for me, and I don't think I ever ran into any logistical problems:

Waivers: we would like to place Player A on waivers

Recall: we recall player B from minors

Assignment: Player C to minors (not waiver eligible)

Updated Depth Chart:

A - B - C

... etc etc

?

^ i know this will cause friction that is unintended, but i hope not. I would like to see waivers listed clearly and separately, and then just post a second post with your new lineup. I don't care if all the callups send downs and waivers are in one well formated list but to include another dozen lines of text makes it somewhat fuzzy really, as when a person is skimming it should be easy to see the format of waivers...just my thoughts and i wont make a fuss if my way is not the right way.

even in the last two weeks i can recall two different waiver notices where the waive was either the second or third line of text or the final 2 or 3 lines of text in a post that was easily 10 inches long on my screen, and I think that I shouldn't have to read every word of a post that long to see if there was a roster change.

EDIT: am i just being dumb here? its okay to let me know to chill out...sometimes i can use the reminder..lol

Yo Curt, regarding the new CBA changes, would we be allowed to post like this? I find this was the easiest for me, and I don't think I ever ran into any logistical problems:

Waivers: we would like to place Player A on waivers

Recall: we recall player B from minors

Assignment: Player C to minors (not waiver eligible)

Updated Depth Chart:

A - B - C

... etc etc

?

While I completely understand your position and agree it shouldn't be a big deal, let's just keep them in separate posts for right now to avoid blurring the lines right off the bat. We'll look into it again in a few weeks and see how it's working. Thanks :)

Should be simple:

Waivers:

The " team name " have placed " player's name " on Waivers.

or

Waivers:

The " team name " have placed " player's name " on Waivers with the intention of assigning him to " minor league team name ".

ASSIGNED:

The " team name " have assigned " player's name " to the " minor league team name ".

RECALLED:

The " team name " have recalled " player's name " from " minor league team name " and place him onto the active roster.

LTIR ACTIVATION:

The " team name " have activated " player's name " from Long Term Injured Reserve and place him onto the active roster.

or

LTIR ACTIVATION:

The " team name " have activated " player's name " from Long Term Injured Reserve and place him onto the active roster.

Quite simple, to the point, bolded and easy for the commissioner to read.

Thoughts ?

New Avs line combos

Simon Gagne - Mike Richards - Sergei Kostitsyn

David Jones - Stephen Gionta - Josh Bailey

Jason Zucker - Steve Begin - Drew Miller

Tim Wallace - Mike Santorelli - George Parros

Patrick Bordeleau - Ryan O'Reilly

Eric Brewer - Barrett Jackman

Jan Hejda - Ron Hainsey

Kurtis Foster - Cody Goloubef

Yannick Weber

Evgeni Nabokov

Jonathan Bernier

IR: Mikael Backlund, Ed Jovanovski, Rostislav Olesz

Rumor has it the Avs are not done making deals and have a few discussions ongoing.

Hey curt... Just tossing out an idea here about the realignment plans before I forget it haha

I think having 15 teams in each conference is the best idea, especially for this league. But with the east being so much stronger than the west, maybe 14 teams on this side works too? I dunno I'm getting off track already haha

My thought was about what to do with Quebec. It'd be weird to have a team in Quebec in the west. But going back to Phoenix sucks too.

If your going to move a team west to get the 15 teams or to take care of the nords placement in the new realignment plan, why not just move them to Seattle and have squeak run a Seattle team? That's probably where Phoenix would end up anyways isn't it?

Neal, G, A, +2, 2pims, 12pts

Myers, GWG, 4pims, 11 pts

Burmi, A, +1, 5pts

MacDonald, OTL, 5pts

Rundblad, A, 5pts

OEL, +2, 4pts

McQuaid, G, 5pts

Campbell, G, +1, 2pims, 7pts

Also, my goodness is OEL amazing or what... seems like he never came off the ice

54 points tonight, if my calculations are right, back into first place!! :towel:

goat-feel.jpg

The was the first pretty decent night for the Isles in a short while. It was a group effort.

Rask W =10

Seguin 2a +2 = 10

Bergeron 2a +2 2pim = 12

Seidenberg 1a = 5

Stralman 1g 1a = 10

Erskine 1g +2 2pims = 11

R Smith 1a +1 = 5

Vokoun 2pims = 2

Bennett 1a = 3

Garrison 1a = 5

Couture 1g = 3

O'Brien +1 = 2

78 points. Could have been better if Vokoun could have....

UPDATED NEW JERSEY DEVILS ACTIVE ROSTER:

Milan Lucic - Anze Kopitar - Alexander Ovechkin

Carl Hagelin - Mike Ribeiro - Rich Peverley

Maxime Talbot - Marcus Kruger - Joakim Andersson

Brandon Yip - Scott Nichol - Jeff Halpern

Arron Asham

Duncan Keith - Niklas Kronwall

Nick Leddy - John Carlson

Tomas Kundratek - Deryk Engelland

Cam Barker - Matt Irwin

Braden Holtby

Michal Neuvirth

LONGTERM INJURED RESERVE:

Brooks Laich

Ville Leino

The was the first pretty decent night for the Isles in a short while. It was a group effort.

Rask W =10

Seguin 2a +2 = 10

Bergeron 2a +2 2pim = 12

Seidenberg 1a = 5

Stralman 1g 1a = 10

Erskine 1g +2 2pims = 11

R Smith 1a +1 = 5

Vokoun 2pims = 2

Bennett 1a = 3

Garrison 1a = 5

Couture 1g = 3

O'Brien +1 = 2

78 points. Could have been better if Vokoun could have....

In order to reward the fantastic play of recently acquiredF Cody Eakin as well as muddling up the bottom six, the Columbus Blue Jackets would like to make the following line changes to our active line up:

Andrew Ladd - Jeff Skinner - Steve Ott

Raffi Torres - Martin Hanzal - Cody Eakin

Taylor Pyatt - Jay McClement - Steve Bernier

Corey Emmerton - Torrey Mitchell - Rich Clune

Dana Tyrell - Marcus Johansson

Jonathan Ericsson - Marc-Andre Bergeron

Anton Volchenkov - Robyn Regehr

Matt Hunwick - Sheldon Brookbank

Theo Peckham

Niklas Backstrom

Nikolai Khabibulin

Archived