Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canuck2xtreme

CDCGML 2012-13

10,336 posts in this topic

Looks like this is 90% done and waiting on the board of Gov's consent to go forward. I think we should mimic it as close as possible, and in the case of Quebec, simply have them fill the Coyotes spot..I know the executive here is considering some options but here is the TSN story from last evening:

PS: IMO this opens the door to a very quick, within a year or two, addition of two new expansion franchises...I am excited to see if that comes to pass or not, as Seattle has been bandied about for a long while now....

Everyone says that, but where are they going to be placed? Quebec and a 2nd team in Toronto (Markham) would both be in the East, which already has a discrepancy. Seattle is one, okay, where is the other?

Some excellent moves Romo, but you have 24 players dressed here. 23 is the maximum. I've left Martinek un-assigned for now.

Hmmmm...

Anderson is on IR

Bishop was .821 against Toronto after 28 shots

Good morning Mr. Lehner

The Boston Bruins are proud to start, for the very first time, Mr. Robin Lehner! Robin will make his cdcgml debut tonight for the bruins, having been called up before in crisis, but never having the opportunity to play.

Greensman was proud as ever at the press conference, but gave all the praise to his scouts and the training staff for the Brandon Combine. Having produced players like Shattenkirk, Perreault, King, Schwartz, Schlemko and Tarasenko, Lehner is but the newest chess price is this intricate game of strategy. Exciting times in Boston.

Hmmmm...

Anderson is on IR

Good morning Mr. Lehner

The Boston Bruins are proud to start, for the very first time, Mr. Robin Lehner! Robin will make his cdcgml debut tonight for the bruins, having been called up before in crisis, but never having the opportunity to play.

Greensman was proud as ever at the press conference, but gave all the praise to his scouts and the training staff for the Brandon Combine. Having produced players like Shattenkirk, Perreault, King, Schwartz, Schlemko and Tarasenko, Lehner is but the newest chess price is this intricate game of strategy. Exciting times in Boston.

Hmmmm...

Anderson is on IR

Good morning Mr. Lehner

Everyone says that, but where are they going to be placed? Quebec and a 2nd team in Toronto (Markham) would both be in the East, which already has a discrepancy. Seattle is one, okay, where is the other?

Just off the top of my head: Las Vegas. I know there are a few reasons not to have a franchise in such a place as LV, but lets face it: its a huge city of full time citizens with a massive influx of people year round...I am guessing sellouts for 75% of the home dates, just based on who would be in town to see their home team play the Las Vegas Gamblers, Las Vegas Lucky Sevens or the Las Vegas Hombres....(just a couple name ideas, none of which are any good at all, lol)

Also, an ice rink somewhere on the strip would very likely be an easily funded item for any of the big time owners there, like Wynn or someone...

No....

... just no....

Just off the top of my head: Las Vegas. I know there are a few reasons not to have a franchise in such a place as LV, but lets face it: its a huge city of full time citizens with a massive influx of people year round...I am guessing sellouts for 75% of the home dates, just based on who would be in town to see their home team play the Las Vegas Gamblers, Las Vegas Lucky Sevens or the Las Vegas Hombres....(just a couple name ideas, none of which are any good at all, lol)

Also, an ice rink somewhere on the strip would very likely be an easily funded item for any of the big time owners there, like Wynn or someone...

Bishop has been amazing this year. Doubt Lehner will get an extended amount of starts.

If the NHL expands to Las Vegas I may experiment with domestic terrorism.

Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake City are all better options.

If the NHL expands to Las Vegas I may experiment with domestic terrorism.

Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake City are all better options.

[Rumor] The Ottawa Senators have made a trade to release some cap gridlock on their roster. This move will trigger others in the coming days, including a decision on the Mclaren offer sheet.

[Rumor] The Ottawa Senators have made a trade to release some cap gridlock on their roster. This move will trigger others in the coming days, including a decision on the Mclaren offer sheet.

Interesting...

Also, good to see Carolina land Kipper.

Rumour: The trade winds continue to blow strong in Montreal, as it appears that two more deals have been sent in for league approval. Stay tuned for more details...

I completely understand why Vegas wouldn't be a good idea...but I am looking at it from the perspective of the big money guy in vegas who wants another attraction there to lure in more money. I think there will be some serious enquiries from the big vegas hotel owners about a franchise, a la Mighty Ducks....and as the ducks proved, money talks..I dunno though, just speculating. Portland would rock..even Salt Lake city...

Miikka Kiprusoff traded to Carolina

mkiprusoff.jpg

The Washington Capitals would like to thank Miikka Kiprusoff for the time and work he has given this organzation and we wish him the best moving forward as a member of the Caroline Hurricanes.

Kiprusoff played in 221 games earning 109 wins and 14 shutouts over the span of 3 seasons, as well as 7 games this season for the Washington Capitals of the CDCGML.

“Kip has been a great leader for our team and he’s been a huge contributor to our success over the past couple of seasons. He know what it takes to be a star goaltender in the CDCGML, and I have no doubt that he will continue to be successful in Carolina.” - GM da.moose

“You never want to trade a player like Miikka. He works hard and is a great influence on our young team. However, he deserves to be a starting goaltender in the CDCGML and we decided that we would do our best to give him that opportunity.” - GM da,moose

“It’s really sad to hear. He (Kiprusoff) was not only a teammate, but a mentor and a great friend as well. He taught me more about becoming a professional and a great goaltender than anyone else I have ever met. Over our two seasons together, Miikka would watch game film with me after every single game either of us played. As much as I miss him, I thank him for helping me get to where I am today and I know that he will turn that Hurricanes team into a winner. He’s one of the best in the business.” - Devan Dubnyk

In spite of the obvious loss, the Capitals do feel as though they added in some necessary areas.

“We added a couple of 2nd round draft picks which were key parts of the deal. That now gives us 3, 2nd round picks going into the 2013 draft and we intend to draft with all of them. Over the past two seasons I have made a total of one draft pick and traded the rest away. Our organization need to continue to draft and develop good players if we hope to remain successful long term.” - GM da.moose

“We like what we see in Blujus. We believe that he has the potential to be a good CDCGML player and we will do everything we can to help him get to that point much like we have with other defensemen in recent years. We lack young defensemen outside of the NHL in our organization and think that this kid will be a nice building block.” - GM da.moose

“We know what we are getting in Greiss. He was our starting goaltender in Dover a couple seasons back before making his transition to the CDCGML last season. We feel comfortable with our tandem of goaltenders moving forward.” - GM da.moose

Clearly the consensus is that the Capitals lost the best player in this trade. However, the Capitals did open up close to 6 million dollars in cap space which will be essential in re-signing multiple key players with expiring contracts in Washington this offseason.