The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

WAIVERS The Chicago Blackhawks place Danny Taylor on waivers with the intention of placing him in our minor league team.

A question , why was danny placed in the blackhawks ?, he is always going to be a minor league player and that is where i wanted him placed.

Does one always have to place any new player they aquire in their senior team ?

5.1 – Trades

You may make an unlimited amount of trades, but both GMs involved in the trade must PM canuck2xtreme. Points are not transferred when a player is traded. For example, if Alex Ovechkin has 38 points for Team A and then is traded to Team B, his point totals remain on Team A. Ovechkin would start on Team B with 0 points. Trades are not official until posted by the League in the thread, and may take up to 48 hours to confirm. All trades are backdated to the day they were submitted to the league and agreed upon by both GMs, so teams will not miss out on any points. Players who are traded must remain at the same league level as they were on their original team at the time of the trade (Active roster to active roster, minors to minors, etc. ) unless they are eligible to be assigned otherwise. Waivers rules apply to players who are subject to waivers before being sent down if teams want to place a player from his original teams active roster in the minors.

islanders_thumb.gif

Zetterberg( C) - Det(6.083) - Bergeron(A) - Bos(5.000) - Seguin - Bos(3.750)

Bennett - Pit(0.700) - Couture - SJS(3.500) - Franzen - Det(3.955)

Clifford - LA(1.375) - Cullen - Min(3.000) - C Smith - Nas(0.700)

Nolan - LA(0.525) - Handzus - SJ(2.500) - Caron - Bos(0.900)

Cracknell - StL(0.600) - Etem - Ana(0.775)

Garrison - Van(1.500) - Edler - Van(3.250)

Seidenberg(A) - Bos(3.333) - Stralman - NYR(2.000)

O'Brien - Col(3.250) - Hamilton - Bos(1.900)

B Smith - Det(0.917)

Rask - Bos(2.500) - Vokoun - Pit(6.100)

Cap Hit: $ 64.305 / $70.200 = $11.196

LTIR: Hillen - Was(1.500), Bertuzzi - Det(2.000), Malhotra - Van(1.500), C Wilson - Nas(2.875), Erskine - Was(1.200)

175px-Flin_Flon_Bombers_Logo.svg.png

Spooner - Bos(0.900) - Kuznetsov - Was(1.500) - Matteau - NJD(0.950)

Cehlin - Nas(0.650) - Jarnkrok - Det(0.750) - R Smith - Dal(0.550)

________________- Namestnikov - TB(1.000) - ____________

_______________ - Martindale - Edm(0.650) - Bitz - ____(0.800)

Elliott - Col(0.900) - Morrow - Pit(1.000)

Nemeth - Dal(0.650) - Lalonde - Chi(0.800)

Polasek - Van(0.550) - Rutkowski - Col(0.550)

Eriksson - ___(0.900) - Pickard - Col(0.750)

Minors Cap Hit: $ 13.319 / $ 19.000 = $5.681

2014 Draft Picks: 1st(NYI), 1st(Tam), 2nd(NYI), 2nd(Tam), 3rd(NYI)

2013 Draft Picks: 1st(NYI), 1st(Tam), 2nd(NYI), 2nd(Tam), 3rd(NYI)

2012 Draft Picks: Stefan Matteau (35/'12), Ludvik Bystrom (40/'12), Daniil Zharkov (44/'12) - traded, Lukas Sutter (52/'12), Chandler Stephenson (66/'12)

2011 Draft Picks: Doug Hamilton (7/'11), Mika Zibanejad (9/'11) - traded,Vladislav Namestnikov (25/'11), Joe Morrow (27/'11), Adam Lowry (65/'11), Rasmus Bengtsson (73/'11), Myles Bell (74/'11) - traded, Scott Mayfield (trade)

2010 Draft picks: Emerson Etem (23/'10), Calvin Pickard (26/'10), Evgeny Kuznetsov (46/'10), Ryan Spooner (48/'10), Beau Bennett (50/'10), Calle Jarnkrok (52/'10), Troy Rutkowski (54/'10), Patrik Nemeth (83/'10), Andrew Yogan (84/'10) - traded, Ryan Martindale (trade)

Thanks for the clarification.

The one thing that does not seem to make sense is if you, as commissioner and GM trading partner, knew the intention was for him to bring up a backup goalie from the minors yet he was trading for another goalie currently on an NHL roster, wouldn't it have been a nice gesture to maybe tell him - as a relatively new GM - that he would have to waive Taylor to bring Khudobin up and possibly lose him for nothing? It just seems like the right thing to do there. Not meaning to make waves here, it just doesn't make sense to me how everyone could know his intention and not give him some friendly advice there.

Unfortunately no update this morning as I am running late and have just enough time to gloat: what started as a slow night for the Rangers ended with us taking in the 3rd most points of the night! Closing our gap with Montreal to just 20 points, and moving a big step closer to contender, rather than pretender. This marks the fourth night in a row where the Rangers were in a top ten point earning position. Hooray! Quebec sits in 9th place and now is only 134 points in front of me.

As we barrel down the road to the trade deadline, buying and selling or standing firm will have a lot to do with not just the standings, but the gaps. I will update the standings tomorrow for sure! I am off to drive 2 hours up Island but I will find time to watch Stajan, Whitney, Klein and Hudler represent the Rangers tonight. heh, have a good day all.

As for the trade goalie thing talked about above: I am the first to say this game has a steep learning curve, but I don't think curt did anything wrong or even close to it because you have to assume the guy your trading with knows the rules or else we would be bogged down forever explaining you can't have so and so cuz your almost at the cap now...you can't have blah blah blah cuz you already have 8 Dmen....et cetera. If anyone needs clarification on small rule things, PM someone and get advice, its easy, I have done it myself and others have asked me also.

Or he could not hold everyone's hand through a trade and assume the other GM has done their homework and knows what they're getting in to.

If another GM wants clarification on rules, ask before you make the trade, don't just assume it works one way and pull the trigger without knowing all the facts.

Curt made a trade that benefits his team on the assumption the other GM was aware of the rules about placing a player in the minors, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

As for the trade goalie thing talked about above: I am the first to say this game has a steep learning curve, but I don't think curt did anything wrong or even close to it because you have to assume the guy your trading with knows the rules or else we would be bogged down forever explaining you can't have so and so cuz your almost at the cap now...you can't have blah blah blah cuz you already have 8 Dmen....et cetera. If anyone needs clarification on small rule things, PM someone and get advice, its easy, I have done it myself and others have asked me also.

There is 30 General Managers here, all have applied for their positions, been told whether in pm or in the thread to take some time, read the rules and make sure you understand the processes of the League. " Friendly reminders " are posted in the Thread regularly. I would suggest that many GM's and execs go out of there way to lend advice and that is great and always appreciated by me when someone helps me out.

I can understand one's frustration if unable to read the rules on the first page as depending on which computer I am at they are not always accessible.

This isn't the Care-a-lot GM League, as much as theminister and greensman both freakishly resemble Beastley in person and clearly Curt is No Heart in all of this.

Every General Manager has a responsibility, a duty to perform and to educate themselves, if you're not doing this already than your behind the eight ball. Nothing sad about it, this is the CDC GM League, the real deal, the " show " if you will.

Archived