The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Rumour: The Habs are open for business. Sitting in 13th place in the East, and with the Rangers charging hard to overtake them, it has become apparent that the Montreal Canadiens will be sellers as the trade deadline approaches.

Veteran guys like Mark Streit, Erik Cole, Milan Hejduk, Eric Nystrom, Francis Bouillon and Andrew Alberts could all be made available as the Habs look to get younger and to stockpile draft picks, while providing these vets with a chance at some playoff hockey.

MSG NEWS 2013:

Renowned face off and PK player David Steckel, a former first round draft pick, has been acquired by the NHL's Anaheim Ducks. The CDCGML Rangers could not be more thrilled, as we feel Dave was not getting his due time on the ice with the NHL's Leafs who frankly, have proven in several decades now that they wouldn't know talent if it laced up and kicked their ass in the gardens. Our recent trade brought in Dave with just such an upswing in mind, and we hope this works well for both his career and our fortunes in the standings.

In other news, Rangers property, Andrei Kostitsyn who is currently playing with the KHL's Traktor Chelyabinsk is with the team in the Conference Semi Finals, where they lead Avangard Omsk 3 games to 1. If Traktor makes the conference finals, which is likely, they may be eliminated in time for Andrei to sign an NHL deal for the remainder of the year...My fingers are crossed that Traktor does not make the Cup Finals. hahaha....

So i got this awesome Bday gift from my buddies the other day, it came in late from the Oakland Raiders organization, haha...its an Oakland helmet only the lid pops open to reveal a snack holder, and inside the face grill is a two dip tray...haha....

First thing I did was rip out the dishes and voila, perfect Oakland helmet that actually fit my noggin! Not as comfy as my old real helmet from the playing days, but much more stylish!! woot.

Rumour: The Habs are open for business. Sitting in 13th place in the East, and with the Rangers charging hard to overtake them, it has become apparent that the Montreal Canadiens will be sellers as the trade deadline approaches.

Veteran guys like Mark Streit, Erik Cole, Milan Hejduk, Eric Nystrom, Francis Bouillon and Andrew Alberts could all be made available as the Habs look to get younger and to stockpile draft picks, while providing these vets with a chance at some playoff hockey.

Haha, you didn't intend it this way, but the way I read this....i just chased your starter from the net!!!! And we are only midway through the second period! lol

Ha. Well, I'd like to give you the full credit for that, but I'm more looking that I'm 172 points out of 8th with 5 or 6 teams to jump. And with the 23rd most points this month, the writing is on the walls... :sadno:

yttrGwB.gif

Matt Lombardi has all the tools to return to his 9-10 form, but for yet another year, injuries are getting the best of him. That could change starting tonight. Featured at center on a fourth line of Raffi Torres and Kyle CHipchura, Matthew could really rack em up. This line, combined career best seasons equal 115 points. Sadly not all in the same season. Still there is good reason to watch Lombardi as he tries to settle his career track and stay healthy. I suspect Raffi and Matt, with the help of the slightly younger Kyle could begin a point streak as they are somewhat underbilled as the fourth line in Phoenix. Opposing coaches best not take their offense lightly.

Zero Zero after overtime...My goalie gets me 20 points or 5 points..and it all comes down to 3 breakaways...YIKES...

all well, we are nearly 40 points on the night and I still have 7 players on the ice, still that zero zero shootout point discrepency is tough to take. one goal against and it cost 15 points...

Archived