The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Kyle Quincey out Indefinitely With Fractured Cheekbone:

This will be a key loss for the Washington Capitals who were already very thin up front.

Now, three of the teams most reliable defensemen are out with injury (Enstrom, Quincey, Carkner) at the most crucial point of the year. Neither Mark Fayne or Roman Hamrlik have had any consistency to their game this year and thinking that this team can stay in contention with their trio of rookies (Ellis, Despres, Erixon) all playing top four minutes is unlikely.

General Manager da.moose is currently forced into searching for help on the back end. If any teams have any ideas feel free to PM me.

Washington Capitals Current Lineup:

Evander Kane - Pavel Datsyuk - Brad Boyes

Patrik Elias - Sam Gagner - Marcus Foligno

Matt Halischuk - Kyle Turris - Jakob Silfverberg

Dan Carcillo - Boyd Gordon - Jordin Tootoo

Zack Kassian

Tim Erixon - Keith Yandle

Roman Hamrlik - Ryan Ellis

Mark Fayne - Simon Despres

Joe Finley

Devan Dubnyk

Thomas Greiss

Rangers Game notes: 14 will be lacing up tonight in the Red Blue and White as we look for a solid team effort on the evening.

4pm: Tim Brent scratch

4:30: Sami Salo 11 and Ryan Malone 2

5:30: Matt Stajan 0 and Juri Hudler 6

7pm: Joe Thornton 0, Sheldon Souray 9, Andrew Ebbett 0 , Brad Staubitz 0 and David Steckel 5

7:30: Mike Smith, David Moss 2, Matthew Lombardi and Jake Muzzin 6!

Hey curt can we trade cap space? The new NHL CBA let's teams do it, are we doing it as well?

After some discussion and looking over how we could work this, the following changes will be implemented:

Trading Cap Dollars

- Teams can retain up to $3 million dollars in salary as part of a trade (listed as Future Considerations).

- Teams cannot retain more than $4 million dollars in salary total in any given season.

- Teams can only retain cap dollars for a maximum of 2 seasons (including the current season) of any contract.

This will be easy to track and implement on team charts by adding them to teams paid cap page in the same way buyouts are added. A note will be added to the player's info pop up indicating the discrepancy in salary and when it reverts back to full salary.

The total of $4 million in any season and the 2 season limit for any given transaction involving retained cap space should solve the issue of handicapping teams long term and keep things fairly fluid.

Feel free to discuss and comment so that we can fine tune things to make sure everything works well and that everyone understands how things work. An official posting about this new feature and it's addition to our CBA will be posted tonight.

I like the precautions you built in Curt, curious if we should address any given team taking advantage of XX million worth of such cap slush funds?

I like that any given team can only keep 4m, and 3m of any given player bt that doesn't stop a team from bringing in 5 players three million cheaper than they should be each for two years.

Can we also cap the amount any given team can have on another team's cap by a certain amount? and what should that amount be? IMO 4m sounds about right, since that is what any one team can take on...makes sense it should be the upper limit of the benefit also.

Rumour: Teams looking to shed some cap dollars should contact the Habs, as they have lots of space thanks to the LTIR this season...

Also, I will be on MSN messenger a lot over the next two weeks for some trade talks. Add me if you haven't already done so. rblight@hotmail.com

Brandon Combine News

Joey Hishon Returns to Hockey!

After two years of rehabilitation, Hishon is said to have recovered from the crushing blow received at the Memorial Cup in May of 2011. Hishon will see game time this week in AHL action.

Combine

Schwartz - Howden - Chiasson

Sutter - Hishon - Pitlick

Hanowski - Parse

Manning - Marincin

Marshall - Clendenning

Gaunce - Gernat

Chouinard

York

I like the precautions you built in Curt, curious if we should address any given team taking advantage of XX million worth of such cap slush funds?

I like that any given team can only keep 4m, and 3m of any given player bt that doesn't stop a team from bringing in 5 players three million cheaper than they should be each for two years.

Can we also cap the amount any given team can have on another team's cap by a certain amount? and what should that amount be? IMO 4m sounds about right, since that is what any one team can take on...makes sense it should be the upper limit of the benefit also.

I like the idea of a limit of contracts (say, 3 players per team?) reduced in this manner. It's a little harder to track but I think I can solve that with a modification or two on the charts.

Given the limit on how much a team can retain each season, and the limit of players you can have on your roster at a reduced rate, that should manage the other issue well enough for it to not be an issue.

Booth only a bad ankle sprain, looked so much worse.

New forward lines

Eriksson-zibanejad-parenteau

Yakupov-chipchura-roussell

Ullstrom-wright-armstrong

Gillies-Jeffrey-dagostini

Booth-aucoin

Parenteau and yakupov trade spots

Armstrong and dagostini trade spots

Ullstrom and booth trade spots

New Jersey Devils Updated Active Roster

Milan Lucic - Anze Kopitar - Alexander Ovechkin

Brooks Laich - Mike Ribeiro - Carl Hagelin