The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

With no goalie points yet this week, the Rangers may have to wait until Saturday Night to see Steve Mason on the ice. The backup has not been in net more than 3 times since the middle of February. Back to Back games today and tomorrow should change that.

Tonight we have 8 skaters on the ice, and Steve Mason of course in a backup role.

Matt Stajan, Nik Antropov, Jiru Hudler,

Dave Steckel, ...............Brad Staubitz

Sheldon Souray, Mark Stuart

Robert Bortuzzo

Steve Mason

This lineup should keep us at pace, and could move us an inch closer to where we want to be. Have a great weekend everyone, and oh TGC: that video is for you and your woes. haha

With no goalie points yet this week, the Rangers may have to wait until Saturday Night to see Steve Mason on the ice. The backup has not been in net more than 3 times since the middle of February. Back to Back games today and tomorrow should change that.

Tonight we have 8 skaters on the ice, and Steve Mason of course in a backup role.

Matt Stajan, Nik Antropov, Jiru Hudler,

Dave Steckel, ...............Brad Staubitz

Sheldon Souray Mark Stuart

Robert Bortuzzo

Steve Mason

This lineup should keep us at pace, and could move us an inch closer to where we want to be. Have a great weekend everyone, and oh TGC: that video is for you and your woes. haha

The Isles are sorry to hear that Adam did not make it through the waiver wire. We had hoped that he would have been able to secure a spot on our roster but he wasn't able to outplay our young players for that 4th line ice time.

We wish Adam all the best.

I believe he would need to be placed with the big club until he clears waivers as per the rule change.

The rumor out of Minnesota is that the line between deadline buyer and deadline seller has become blurred in recent weeks. Sources close to the team believe that the significant improvement in play by the team's best players as of late could mean that Minnesota - widely rumored to be sellers at the deadline - could actually flip their position to deadline buyers.

GM wallstreetamigo refused to be cornered during the media scrum earlier today when discussing where the team is at.

"Obviously the team is playing much more consistently and we are getting big contributions from the guys we need to get them from. Our entire forward group has been chipping in and it shows. Backstrom, Carter, Setoguchi, Heatley, and Zajac have been finding their groove offensively. Markov has proven to be a very good UFA signing to lead our D although we could use some further help for him there. We are hoping to have Milan Michalek back soon but Curtis Glencross has again picked up the slack admirably much like he did for us last season. Right now this team believes it has a chance to make the playoffs and do some damage if we do. But that is no easy task in the ultra competitive west.

I don't prefer to think of it in terms of being a buyer or a seller. If there is a deal to be made that makes this team better I will consider it. Does that mean I am shopping my 1st round pick or my top prospects to get veteran playoff help? No. But it might mean that if a serious GM comes to me with a serious offer I would be willing to consider such a bold move if it makes sense long term for this team. On the flip side of that, if it looks like our playoff hopes are fading, teams looking for veteran help might surely find us willing to talk.

At this point the season is too close to call and considering how the boys are playing for us right now they have earned a bit more time to ponder which direction we will head going into the deadline. After finishing 28th overall last season we promised our fans the beginning of better days in Minny and it feels like we have taken that step. Along with the fans, I am just enjoying watching these guys battle it out with all their heart to make the playoffs."

standingsEastern.png...........standingsWestern.png

......EASTERN.....................WESTERN....

small.png - 2182 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2173

small.png - 2033 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1983

small.png - 2053 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1895

small.png - 2045 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1768

small.png - 2019 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1725

small.png - 1990 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1712

small.png - 1964 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1643

small.png - 1917 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1614

---------------------------------------------------

small.png - 1836 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1574

2ef5pn7.jpg - 1826 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1553

small.png - 1812 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1525

small.png - 1760 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1497

small.png - 1745 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1389

small.png - 1674 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1375

small.png - 905 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1293

IR ACTIVATION

David dziruzynski from the LTIR

(Will take place tommorow because the Ottawa game already started)

He will take David ullstrom spot on the 3rd line

3rd line- dziruzynski-wright-armstrong

4th line same

Healthy scratches- Keith aucoin, David ullstrom

Archived