The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

I watched the game too... Nobody scored on Ray.

I must have misunderstood... I thought Ray Emery was the goalie that had only one loss on the year, and has only played 4 fewer games.

I guess if he lost 3 more games, his name would be Crawford :P

Touchè

Emery has played against weaker opponents though and there's no doubt he is playing really well, Crawford has played just as well is all I'm saying and against better competition.

The real issue here is that if these two guys keep playing like they are there is no way we'd beat Chicago in a 7 game series

I disagree. We match up well against Chicago and always play them hard. With Kesler back (assuming he stays healthy) and Derek Roy meshing well in Vancouver, I think we can beat the Hawks. It would be a close series, but I think if any team can put them out, it's us. Or maybe the Ducks.

Crawford and Emery have both played well but the team in front of them makes their nights pretty easy most nights. If a team can figure out a way to get to those goaltenders and really test them, I wonder how they'd really stack up over the course of a 7 game series. Same as any goaltender of course, Schneider's played well but it helps when the team defence in front of them is fantastic. I noticed that against Phoenix, the entire team played well defensively and Phoenix generated very little. In a 7 game series against Chicago, would Schneider still look as good? Probably not. Which goaltender survives the pressure would go a long way in determining the series. Maybe Crawford cracks, maybe Schneider does.

I disagree. We match up well against Chicago and always play them hard. With Kesler back (assuming he stays healthy) and Derek Roy meshing well in Vancouver, I think we can beat the Hawks. It would be a close series, but I think if any team can put them out, it's us. Or maybe the Ducks.

Crawford and Emery have both played well but the team in front of them makes their nights pretty easy most nights. If a team can figure out a way to get to those goaltenders and really test them, I wonder how they'd really stack up over the course of a 7 game series. Same as any goaltender of course, Schneider's played well but it helps when the team defence in front of them is fantastic. I noticed that against Phoenix, the entire team played well defensively and Phoenix generated very little. In a 7 game series against Chicago, would Schneider still look as good? Probably not. Which goaltender survives the pressure would go a long way in determining the series. Maybe Crawford cracks, maybe Schneider does.

So, caught up on the roster moves I can make so far, so be ready for an odd shuffle in the standings tomorrow as the system catches up to us.

Hoping for another big night tonight.... not much time left in the year to reel in the Canucks for the division lead. Once everything is updated, I should be within 20 points or so...

Since Demers/Torres entered the Sharks lineup, the Sharks have been 0-1-1, blowing a 4-2 lead and getting whooped by Columbus. Lightning are responding with a #FreeTennyson campaign to return them to their winning ways.

Congrats to Erik Haula, who earned his first point as a professional hockey player in his first AHL game. He added an assist and finished +1, which is even more impressive as his Houston Aeros fell 4-1 in the game. We expect a lot from Haula, and are very pleased to see his excellent start.

Archived