Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canuck2xtreme

CDCGML 2012-13

10,336 posts in this topic

After being recently being demoted to the Sharks second line, Kyle Brodziak responds with a 2 goal night.

We had high hopes for him coming into this season, and it's good to see a little of that hope still there.

Pretty big nights for both the Blues and the Wild tonight though.

Still feeling confident that a Sharks playoff berth is coming, but you guys aren't going to let me get too comfortable!

After being recently being demoted to the Sharks second line, Kyle Brodziak responds with a 2 goal night.

We had high hopes for him coming into this season, and it's good to see a little of that hope still there.

Pretty big nights for both the Blues and the Wild tonight though.

Still feeling confident that a Sharks playoff berth is coming, but you guys aren't going to let me get too comfortable!

80 points if i did my math correct...should bring me closer to the 8th

i ll know more in a few hours :)

Assignment: Minnesota Wild assign Mikael Granlund to the minors (no waivers required).

Recall: Minnesota Wild recall Max Reinhart and place him on the NHL roster.

oh..just missed 5 pims from Arron Asham :bigblush: ...so 85 Points for the Blues ....we are Back Baby :towel:

6. Oilers 2286 Points + 13

7. Sharks 2280 Points + 23

8. Blues 2237 Points +85

9. Wings 2235 Points +17

10. Wild 2227 Points +40

11. Jackets 2147 Points +44

standingsEastern.png...........standingsWestern.png

......EASTERN.....................WESTERN....

small.png - 2922 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2982

small.png - 2870 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2654

small.png - 2828 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2506

small.png - 2869 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2546

small.png - 2814 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2364

small.png - 2773 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2286

small.png - 2647 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2280

2ef5pn7.jpg - 2628 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2237

---------------------------------------------------

small.png - 2565 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2235

small.png - 2456 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2227

small.png - 2355 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2147

small.png - 2323 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2030

small.png - 2261 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2017

small.png - 2256 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1896

small.png - 1338 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1717

Last night marked the first of the 12 Nights of Playoff Fights! .....

....11 more to go, and still the playoff bound teams are not set all the way down the lists in either conference.

Photo Finish?

small.png - 2922 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2982

small.png - 2870 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2654

small.png - 2828 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2506

small.png - 2869 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2546

small.png - 2814 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2364

small.png - 2773 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2286

small.png - 2647 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2280

2ef5pn7.jpg - 2628 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2237

small.png - 2565 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2235

small.png - 2456 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2227

small.png - 2355 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2147

small.png - 2323 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2030

small.png - 2261 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2017

small.png - 2256 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1896

small.png - 1338 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1717

small.png - 2019 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1990

small.png - 1917 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1863

small.png - 1871 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1710

small.png - 1842 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1606

small.png - 1828 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1603

small.png - 1815 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1593

small.png - 1805 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1498

small.png - 1775 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1474

2ef5pn7.jpg - 1707 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1430

small.png - 1690 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1418

small.png - 1641 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1324

small.png - 1625 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1297

small.png - 1595 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1292

small.png - 1591 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1276

small.png - 820 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1173

Here's the standings from one month ago today. I was in 6th, but 270 points back of Vancouver for the division lead. I wake up this morning with a 108 point lead on the Canucks. What a fantastic effort from my club to close the gap and give us a great chance at successfully claiming our 4th straight division title!

ASSIGNMENT: The Winnipeg Jets have assigned Tyson Barrie to the Revelstoke Grizzlies.

RECALL: The Winnipeg Jets have recalled Eric Tangradi from Revelstoke.

Movements:

The Boston Bruins would like to send down Dwight King

The Boston Bruins would like to call up Ben Hanowski

Since it has been awhile since playoffs. When we select our playoff roster, are waivers in effect?

Ottawa still has some battling to do but I want to get this straightened out so I don't have a problem with my tight roster.

Since it has been awhile since playoffs. When we select our playoff roster, are waivers in effect?

Ottawa still has some battling to do but I want to get this straightened out so I don't have a problem with my tight roster.

Waivers end at the end of the regular season. If some of your players miss the playoffs, they are removed from your roster automatically, as their season is over. You don't have to hold onto a player who's not in the playoffs for fear of losing them on waivers.

To set your playoff roster, simply post it in the thread. You can carry more than the 23 player maximum, but only 23 players (under standard roster guidelines) can be active at any given time. You must designate which players are to be active when you post your playoff roster. The other players are considered 'healthy scratches' and can be rotated in and out of your lineup, again, without waivers.

Players that are not in your playoff roster post will not be eligible to play for your club during the playoffs. So if you forget to list a player who's currently on IR, or a young player who's not currently in the NHL, and the player is called up or returns from IR, you won't be able to use them. So list EVERYBODY you have that's on a playoff team so you don't get caught like that. Also, if you don't submit a playoff roster, there won't be any players entered for your playoff roster, and it's tough to win a series with nobody playing.

Waivers end at the end of the regular season. If some of your players miss the playoffs, they are removed from your roster automatically, as their season is over. You don't have to hold onto a player who's not in the playoffs for fear of losing them on waivers.

To set your playoff roster, simply post it in the thread. You can carry more than the 23 player maximum, but only 23 players (under standard roster guidelines) can be active at any given time. You must designate which players are to be active when you post your playoff roster. The other players are considered 'healthy scratches' and can be rotated in and out of your lineup, again, without waivers.

Players that are not in your playoff roster post will not be eligible to play for your club during the playoffs. So if you forget to list a player who's currently on IR, or a young player who's not currently in the NHL, and the player is called up or returns from IR, you won't be able to use them. So list EVERYBODY you have that's on a playoff team so you don't get caught like that. Also, if you don't submit a playoff roster, there won't be any players entered for your playoff roster, and it's tough to win a series with nobody playing.

Speaking of playoffs, I have two options on how to run playoff series this season, and I'm leaving it up to you guys to see which one we do.

Option 1: The standard format we've been using. Teams line up in their usual seeds and the team with the most points at the end of the 1st round advances.

Option 2: A 7 game series format. Seeding is the same, but matches up with the corresponding NHL playoff bracket to determine windows of time that would be considered a 'game' for our pool. If you outscore your opponent in that window, you win Game 1, and we enter the window for game 2 at a 0-0 tie. Win 4 games and you advance.

Example:

CDCGML Round 1 Western Conference 1 vs 8

NHL Round 1 Western Conference 1 vs 8

Playoff schedule has the playoffs starting on April 30th. That will be the start of game 1 for each series. Game 2 of the NHL Round 1 Western Conference 1 vs 8 playoff series starts on say, May 2nd. So April 30th - May 1st would be the window for Game 1 of the CDCGML Round 1 Western Conference 1 vs 8 series. Game 2's window would start May 2nd and run until the day before Game 3, etc.

Thoughts?