The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Official PK Subban Press Release

The Pittsburgh Penguins are very happy to have PK Subban under contract for the next six years. In Pk's first two seasons in the league he has proven he is among the elite tier of defencemen. That is why even though with only those 2 years of NHL experience we felt comfortable making that kind of commitment to PK. I can say with full confidence that if this player continues to develop at this pace, he will be wearing black and gold for as long as I am building this team.

ActionJax

GM Pittsburgh Penguins

I would like to take this opportunity to thank canuck2xtreme and all of the other executives in the league for giving me this opportunity to manage the Detroit Red Wings.

The previous GM did a great job building this team, with some great assets that make up the cornerstone of the franchise. My goal is to get this team to the next level, and my job is much simpler due to the great players already on this team.

The focus now is to get into the playoffs, and just qualifying might be enough to ignite a deep run, as I feel the team has the players necessary to be successful in the playoffs. Also, the team will focus on getting key free agents under contract, and try to keep the core of this team together.

I very much look forward to getting to know all of you in due time, and it is a great feeling to be apart of the best hockey pool in the world.

-RobertoLuongo.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank canuck2xtreme and all of the other executives in the league for giving me this opportunity to manage the Detroit Red Wings.

The previous GM did a great job building this team, with some great assets that make up the cornerstone of the franchise. My goal is to get this team to the next level, and my job is much simpler due to the great players already on this team.

The focus now is to get into the playoffs, and just qualifying might be enough to ignite a deep run, as I feel the team has the players necessary to be successful in the playoffs. Also, the team will focus on getting key free agents under contract, and try to keep the core of this team together.

I very much look forward to getting to know all of you in due time, and it is a great feeling to be apart of the best hockey pool in the world.

-RobertoLuongo.

-RobertoLuongo.

I am glad you got on board now instead of the offseason or even worse at the start of next season. The thing that THIS pool offers that differs from anything else I have ever seen is it is a keeper league complete with farm teams and draft picked unsigned prospects et cetera. It is honestly as in depth as you can get without getting your paycheck signed by Mike Gillis. Your gonna like it here, but it is great you got on board now to get started on the pending UFA/RFA stuff as a missed month of that and a team can be devastated.

I really would like to thank c2x for letting me in now as opposed to in the summer. I got some great mentorship from him in the weeks that I was awaiting an opening, and this is something that will help me hit the ground running rather than being overwhelmed by the whole experience.

This is the closest thing, in terms of hockey pools, that I've seen to the real NHL and it is very impressive how well it is run. Hopefully I help in keeping it going for the long run, as I fully intend to be around as long as I am wanted.

-RobertoLuongo.

Congrats to Dalton Prout for his 1st Goal in the NHL. With 9 Poolpoints he was our best Player tonight.

After Andre Benoit and Eric Gryba, Dalton is our 3rd Rookie Defender who scored his 1st NHL Career Goal this Season.

A total of 16 Poolpoints tonight is a little disapointment but we are looking forward to the Weekend.

Welcome and best of luck building your team Lu!

----------

Assignment

Florida assigns Charlie Coyle to Rochester

Recall

Florida recalls Brandon Saad from Rochester

Updated Lineup:

Saad - Toews - Stewart

Baertschi - Backes - Perron

McDonald - Burmistrov - Neil

Latendresse - Campbell - Martin

Ponikarovsky - Vitale

Ekman-Larsson - Niskanen

Schultz - Fraser

Gorges - Sbisa

McQuaid

Crawford

MacDonald

IR

Karlsson

Neal

TAMPA 3 STARS OF THE DAY (since my team actually put up some points for the first time in a while...)

1) John Tavares (2G 1A, +3) and single handedly carrying the Islanders on his back over the Leafs

2) Martin Havlat (2G 1A, +3) the mimic, copying JT but doing so in just a hair over 14 minutes in icetime

2) Carey Price for finally righting the ship after 4 straight losses and poor performances, putting up a solid 32 save performance

Honorable mentions to: Victor Hedman (2 assists), Matt Moulson (1G 1A +3)

Archived