The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Just getting the updates from the last few days caught up. I have been making the roster moves but not ensuring the lineups are in the right position, just for times sake lately. I will get to these asap, but I will start on this page so if your lineup isn't correct, post another one and I'll get to it. Thanks guys!

Oh yes, we are going with our standard playoff format, but I am going to run the other option as well to see how it ends up. We'll review it and may try the other option next season depending on how it goes.

Also, the tentative date for the entry draft has been June 20th. I'd like to know if it was the 21st instead, would that impact anyone at all? I have the option to do it on either night so I want to see what works best for everyone.

Oh dear. I spend some time on an airplane and in a rental car over the past few days and see all sorts of fun information that I've missed...

Matt Calvert and Dmitry Kulikov look to be done for the year, and Anders Lindback returns from injury without much talk of doing so ahead of time. A decision will be made on how to handle that crowded crease as soon as possible...

Oh, and the 20th works for me. And with these injuries piling up again, it looks like the Habs 1st-round pick could get even better before the season is over...

The jets havnt gotten any help from the out of town scoreboard. Literally. The capitals, islanders and rangers have all been winning. Even when the rangers played the islanders it was a 3 point game.

Exactly, I've been pulling for them to make the playoffs, but the teams they're chasing all keep winning. Although, I do remember saying the Isles weren't very far away before the season started, and here they are in the playoff picture. Odds are they make it. Great to see.

Columbus finally gets some help too. Would really love to see the Jackets make the playoffs and have the Rangers fall out in favour of the Jets.

A quick reminder of Section 4.2.1 of our CBA, for all GMs and especially those new to the game.

4.2.1 – Qualifying Offers

Teams looking to retain the rights of their pending Restricted Free Agents would need to submit a qualifying offer based on the following scale.

• $500,000 - $1.5 million = 110% of previous contract

• over $1.5 million - $3 million = 105% of previous contract

• over $3 million = 100% of previous contract

Qualifying offers are calculated using a players base salary, not including bonuses. The deadline for submitting qualifying offers is 11:59pm Pacific Time on June 30th of each season. This offer may or may not be accepted, but the player will go to Unrestricted Free Agency if the qualifying offer is not extended before the deadline.

Archived