The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

I have a great example of a Future Consideration: as part of a deal that traded players to and from my team, we agreed at a future time to also swap draft picks, my third for the other teams closest, but earlier owned pick on June 15th. it was set up to give me a better draft pick as compensation for a player and contract changing teams. So that Future Consideration couldnt be resolved and wont be resolved until almost the end of the playoffs, but before the actual draft.

Bonuses can be provided in ELC contracts to allow a contract to be over the maximum ELC dollar amount of $900,000 per season. All bonuses are calculated in the cap hit... i.e. if you provide a bonus of $500,000 per season on top of the $900,000 contract... then it will be a $1.4M cap hit.

Future considerations: Are parts of deals that were agreed to at the time the original deal but for a variety of reasons, were not completed at the exact time of the original deal.... C2X will PM the two GM's to complete the deal when applicable.

The Red Wings would like the other GMs to know that their 1st round selection is available via trade, either to move up or down in the draft, or trade for other assets.

Inquiries can be made via private message.

Archived