The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

absolutely!

I am glad you guys volunteered, hehe track your man/hours too just so we know..

I am open to any way of doing it that allows for the longest intrigue in each series. If on night two its 150 to 12 in a series and the rosters are way imbalanced, we know its over. I am looking to add some bumps so that by the 2nd week it could still be 3 games to 1 for the team that would otherwise be 600 points to 100 leading the series. I guess that in the end is what I am aiming for with the suggestion of a switch, 'faint hope' for the overmatched team and intrigue for the close matchups.

Exactly my thoughts. I've been the team that's dominated their opponent before, and while it's nice to know you're advancing, it does take a bit of the intrigue out of it. Great to see we're getting more suggestions, I'm open to trying anything that adds to the fun without being too cumbersome.

At the conclusion of the regular season, the 14 NHL teams not qualifying for the playoffs are entered in a weighted lottery to determine the initial draft picks in the first round, seeded according to regular season standing. The 30th-place team has the best chance of winning the lottery while the 29th-place team has a 18.8% chance of winning, with odds diminishing to a 0.5% chance for the 17th-place team. A single selection from the lottery pool is made, with the winning team improving its draft position to the number 1 spot, and no team dropping more than one place.

The remaining order is determined by the Stanley Cup playoff results.[8] Whichever team wins the Stanley Cup is awarded the 30th and last pick, while the runner-up is given the 29th pick. The teams eliminated in the conference finals are awarded the 28th and 27th picks, with the 28th pick going to the team with the better regular season record. Remaining division winners are then sorted by points, then the rest of the field are ranked next, filling in the 26th through 15th picks. In both cases, better records result in later picks.[6]

SUSPENDED: The Winnipeg Jets have announced that they have suspended defenceman Nathan Beaulieu.

JETS PROSPECT BEAULIEU, FATHER EACH CHARGED WITH ASSAULT

LONDON, Ont. - Winnipeg Jets prospect Nathan Beaulieu and his father, Ontario Hockey League coach Jacques Beaulieu, are facing assault charges.

Strathroy-Caradoc police say the father and son have each been charged with two counts of assault.

Police say the charges stem from an altercation Saturday at a house party that followed a charity golf tournament.

Two people suffered minor injuries, police say.

A June 11 court date has been set.

Nathan Beaulieu was acquired by the Jets along with Mark Scheifele and Zach Bogosian in an offseason trade last summer. The Jets are currently preparing for their opening playoff round series in the CDCGML playoffs which begins tonight against the San Jose Sharks.

STATEMENT FROM THE JETS

The Winnipeg Jets have been made aware of charges filed by the RCMP against our player, Nathan Beaulieu, and his father. These charges are serious in nature and the Winnipeg Jets will not take this situation lightly. While we stand behind our player and have faith that he will grow and mature as a result of this unfortunate incident, this behavior is unacceptable and unprofessional and will not be tolerated by the club. As we prepare for our opening playoff round, Nathan has been temporarily suspended by the club while we conduct our own review of the situation and discuss the situation with Nathan. Our goal is to be role models both on and off the ice for our fans. No further comment will be made by our organization regarding this matter.

Signing: The Vancouver Canucks have signed 2011 Draft Pick F Shane Prince to a three-year entry-level deal.

Shane Prince - Three-year deal worth $2.625 million dollars ($750,000 base salary + $125,000 bonus = $875,000 per season).

Archived