The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

CBA REVISION

Section 4.6 BUYOUTS has been revised. Changes are listed in bold below.

4.6 – Buyouts

There are two separate one week buyout periods, one from June 20th-27th and one from Sept.23rd-30th. During these buyout periods, teams can buy players out of their contracts if they so desire. Any teams buying out a contract will incur a cap hit of 33% of the players annual salary for each remaining year of the contract. Players must clear waivers before they can be bought out.

In addition, the new CBA provides for a total of 2 amnesty buyouts for each team that will NOT count against the salary cap. These amnesty buyouts can only be used after the regular season, and can be used after either the 2013 season and the 2013-14 season. A player must clear waivers BEFORE he can be bought out. To buy a player out after they have cleared waivers, PM canuck2xtreme and it will be processed. Amnesty buyouts must be labeled as such or they will be processed as a regular buyout and a cap hit will be incurred by the club.

Update for the alternate proposed 7 game series. As you can see below there was a tie between Winnipeg and San Jose, this happened once last year too out of all 4 rounds and my thoughts are that this is where the higher seed, ie:home ice advantage, would come into play, as the rare tie breaker in this forumula, so the jets, with the higher regular season points are rewarded with  a win. The rest is self explanatory. You can find the post, 13th overall on page 1 that has the whole series breakdown, not reposting it as it is too long to clog up the system every day or two.

Western Conference :

Minnesota 4 Points to Los Angeles 11 Points, LA WINS GAME 1

San Jose 16 Points to Winnipeg 16 Points, Winnipeg WINS Game 1 (tie goes to highest seed)

Edmonton 15 Points to Chicago 6 Points, game continues tonight

Dallas 2 Points to Vancouver 18 Points, Vancouver WINS Game 1

Eastern Conference:

Quebec 5 Points to Florida 12 points, game continues tonight

Ottawa 13 Points to New York Isles 0 Points, game continues tonight and tomorrow

Boston 23 Points to Buffalo 18 Points, game continues tonight and tomorrow

Pittsburgh 5 Points to New Jersey 10 Points, game continues tonight

Edited to fix formating error with the copy and paste images, bleck.

I found it hilarious that your "Game 1" is over after only two of your players have played :lol:

Yeah same here. Comes down to how you define the windows for a period of time for a game.

As long as the tracking goes smoother, I think it makes far more sense to do it the way you and theminister drew up.

I am very intrigued by the idea of adding up all the players game 1s. That could very well be the answer! I am trying to think of issues that will come up with it...and the only thing I think of is this.

Every player on your roster will have 4 games guaranteed. A few may end there with either elimination or victory in a sweep in the NHL. Most will have 5, fewer will have 6, and the least will have 7. ROughly. So if you don't win your round (or lose it for that matter) in 5 or 4 games: it could get dicey...and that is exactly what I was hoping to toss into the mix! haha.

I think, looking at it now, that system is a much better idea than mine. I only worry about the ease of use in tracking it. But that is overcomeable too.

EDIT: I have OTTS and TM's sheet up now on my other screen and one of you is updating it atm, haha...very good. I really do have to say that is light years ahead of mine. I don't even want to continue with my tracking, as it is seriously too confusing to try to explain in a brief statement: your is not. I will keep doing mine on the front page for comparison sake, but well done you two: awesome improvement!

I like that you can open the spreadsheet and see each series at a good detailed gllimpse. the Ottawa/Islanders game 1 is super cool! I think it might be an upset win!

If I may suggest one layout change for you: grey out the rows that you are leaving blank, such as between forwards and Dmen, and Dmen and goalies to make it faster to see how many game 1's there are left for each team et cetera...and i would grey out the column 'I" after game 7 to make it neat and tidy.

Just realized too the only real 'work' heavy portion is the first 10 or 11 days of the playoffs, after that half the teams are gone and half the players on the remaining teams are gone too, it will literally be a few minutes a day after that point, easy enough to grey out eliminated players remaining squares so the blanks are filled. Yup, I am sad I didn't think of this.

I am very intrigued by the idea of adding up all the players game 1s. That could very well be the answer! I am trying to think of issues that will come up with it...and the only thing I think of is this.

Every player on your roster will have 4 games guaranteed. A few may end there with either elimination or victory in a sweep in the NHL. Most will have 5, fewer will have 6, and the least will have 7. ROughly. So if you don't win your round (or lose it for that matter) in 5 or 4 games: it could get dicey...and that is exactly what I was hoping to toss into the mix! haha.

I think, looking at it now, that system is a much better idea than mine. I only worry about the ease of use in tracking it. But that is overcomeable too.

EDIT: I have OTTS and TM's sheet up now on my other screen and one of you is updating it atm, haha...very good. I really do have to say that is light years ahead of mine. I don't even want to continue with my tracking, as it is seriously too confusing to try to explain in a brief statement: your is not. I will keep doing mine on the front page for comparison sake, but well done you two: awesome improvement!

I like that you can open the spreadsheet and see each series at a good detailed gllimpse. the Ottawa/Islanders game 1 is super cool! I think it might be an upset win!

If I may suggest one layout change for you: grey out the rows that you are leaving blank, such as between forwards and Dmen, and Dmen and goalies to make it faster to see how many game 1's there are left for each team et cetera...and i would grey out the column 'I" after game 7 to make it neat and tidy.

Just realized too the only real 'work' heavy portion is the first 10 or 11 days of the playoffs, after that half the teams are gone and half the players on the remaining teams are gone too, it will literally be a few minutes a day after that point, easy enough to grey out eliminated players remaining squares so the blanks are filled. Yup, I am sad I didn't think of this.

cool! yeah i found doing the first week of the 'standings' this year took a long time to do, but it was literally less that one cup of coffee after that worth of fiddling with my number pad.

I think your system adds a lot of value and intrigue to the current playoff format and I would go for it next year. I am particularly eager to see how games 5 through 7 go for teams that can't sew it up early..as i think lopsided rosters will get thinned out by then! lol

Archived