The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Round 1, Game 4 results are in and tabulated for the 7 Game Series format.

https://docs.google....VlOWJ0WWc#gid=0

Bet%20On%20Hockey%20Western%20Conference%20150x100.jpg

08. small.png20 Minnesota vs Los Angeles 62 small.png .01

Min 0 - LA 4

07. small.png6 San Jose vs Winnipeg 44 small.png .02

SJS 0 - Win 4

06. small.png51 Edmonton vs Chicago 40 small.png .03

Edm 4 - Chi 0

05. small.png34 Dallas vs Vancouver 49 small.png.04

Dal 1 - Van 3

Bet%20On%20Hockey%20Eastern%20Conference%20150x109.jpg

08. 2ef5pn7.jpg 12 Quebec vs Florida 71 small.png .01

Que 0 - Fla 4

07. small.png 39 Ottawa vs NY Islanders 63 small.png .02

Ott 1 - NYI 3

06. small.png77 Boston vs Buffalo 43 small.png .03

Bos 3 - Buf 1

05. small.png37 Pittsburgh vs New Jersey 62 small.png .04

Pit 1 - NJD 3

Game Notes:

- Minny continued to battle but could not keep up with the west's first seed as LA gets the sweep.

- SJ struggles and Winnipeg manages to get the sweep.

- Edmonton completes the upset and sweeps the Chicago Blackhawks.

- Dallas puts up a gutsy performance but Vancouver takes the 3-1 series lead with a huge night from Zdeno Chara

- Florida takes the 4th game and sweeps a scrappy Quebec team

- The Isles continue to bounce back after a tough first game and take a 3-1 series lead against the Sens

- Boston puts up a league high performance and takes a 3-1 series lead putting the two time champion Sabres on the brink of elimination

- New Jersey continues their strong play and manages to take game four against a resilient Penguins squad.

Advancing, so far:

Florida

Los Angeles

Winnipeg

Edmonton

Eliminated:

Quebec

Chicago

Minnesota

San Jose

The number of finished series reminded me of why i used the hard to describe formula to make each of the 7 games cover many nights of real time. What we see happening here above is the usually rolling graph look of a two week total points playoff series, like we currently use, being chopped up into moments in time (or rather digitalized into wins and losses). It adds some unpredictability to a linear race to the most points, but the format I started off using does so in a more noticeable way that extends series rather than definatively declare a blowout is over after 4 games. Where each of our 'games' could be up to 3 nights of real time data using my original 'wacky' way of making game days acted as a buffer to delink or add further randomization to the game results in a best of seven. You will find upon scrutiny that each series that is over in the best of seven tracking is also for all intense and purposes "over" in our current system by virtue of a blowout.

Sort of wish i kept tracking it to show the subtle differences...last year there were very few 4 game sweeps, which was the objective of a possible change: to add interest for a longer time frame.

Okay nuff said, because in the end, the system I was using was impossible to explain to 29 people in any good concise way, and with 3 new gm's every year on average, it would be frustrating to explain over and over. In short it would have eliminated most of these 4 game sweeps while still resulting in the vast majority of the highest point earners over two weeks winning their series. Hope that explains it well enough, my thoughts on it at the time over a year ago that I thought it up...i forgot to try to explain 'why' i did that at the time....meh, don't care so much but wanted to try to get it off the tip of my tongue.

The number of finished series reminded me of why i used the hard to describe formula to make each of the 7 games cover many nights of real time. What we see happening here above is the usually rolling graph look of a two week total points playoff series, like we currently use, being chopped up into moments in time (or rather digitalized into wins and losses). It adds some unpredictability to a linear race to the most points, but the format I started off using does so in a more noticeable way that extends series rather than definatively declare a blowout is over after 4 games. Where each of our 'games' could be up to 3 nights of real time data using my original 'wacky' way of making game days acted as a buffer to delink or add further randomization to the game results in a best of seven. You will find upon scrutiny that each series that is over in the best of seven tracking is also for all intense and purposes "over" in our current system by virtue of a blowout.

Sort of wish i kept tracking it to show the subtle differences...last year there were very few 4 game sweeps, which was the objective of a possible change: to add interest for a longer time frame.

Okay nuff said, because in the end, the system I was using was impossible to explain to 29 people in any good concise way, and with 3 new gm's every year on average, it would be frustrating to explain over and over. In short it would have eliminated most of these 4 game sweeps while still resulting in the vast majority of the highest point earners over two weeks winning their series. Hope that explains it well enough, my thoughts on it at the time over a year ago that I thought it up...i forgot to try to explain 'why' i did that at the time....meh, don't care so much but wanted to try to get it off the tip of my tongue.

Well I think Buffalo takes it.

It was nice to see Boston's GM actually promote Jannik Hansen to the Playoff roster this year, of course he did nothing though...but still good to see Hansen make the Bruins Playoff roster nonetheless.

Buffalo's players are too clutch for Boston in the end....and yeah the Bruins GM kinda sucks..... :bigblush:

Well I think Buffalo takes it.

It was nice to see Boston's GM actually promote Jannik Hansen to the Playoff roster this year, of course he did nothing though...but still good to see Hansen make the Bruins Playoff roster nonetheless.

Buffalo's players are too clutch for Boston in the end....and yeah the Bruins GM kinda sucks..... :bigblush:

RUMOUR: The Jets may still be in the playoffs, but that hasn't stopped the Jets GM from talking trade. Apparently GM canuck2xtreme has completed the roster overview of players not competing in the playoffs and is looking at many options, including potential deals that might shake up the teams core. Interested GMs should inquire.

Saad and Toews finally on the scoresheet! Solid 50+ point night, led by the stellar play from Corey Crawford once again who is the league leader in GAA and SV% in the playoffs.

So many other things to do with two individuals who are in the top 20 of current players in the league other than squeeze them out.

Everytime I suggest it i get laughed at but if a line that is 2/3rds "soft Euro" gets pushed around too much, why not split the twins..suggested several times over the past two years and each time I just get scorned. If you have a Sedin on each of your top two lines..what is wrong with that?

And the old argument of 'only a fool would split the twins' clearly doesn't hold water anymore in playoff hockey. It is very easy to defend against one line of two Sedins and third player, obviously, but it would not be so easy to defend against two lines each containing a Sedin. I won't go on about it, i have beaten the idea to a pulp in 2012, and a bit back in February too.

This will be a new low for this franchise if this happens , the canucks all time leading scorers who have taken paycuts to stay with this team and who as men are also 2 of the best role models in the NHL . What ever happened to the handshake , whatever happened to a deal no one would break , WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO INTEGRITY

Archived