The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Whoever ends up with Slovakia should have some decent options to bring in... but the Swiss side might be tough to field a decent lineup.

I wonder if we should amalgamate Switzerland with the other unrepresented countries (France, Germany, Norway, Denmark etc.) and have a Team Euro or something? Would give whoever claims that team more options to build a team from.

Whoever ends up with Slovakia should have some decent options to bring in... but the Swiss side might be tough to field a decent lineup.

I wonder if we should amalgamate Switzerland with the other unrepresented countries (France, Germany, Norway, Denmark etc.) and have a Team Euro or something? Would give whoever claims that team more options to build a team from.

Slovakia and Team Euro are left to be claimed. Will give the GMs of non-playoff teams until noon Pacific time on Saturday to claim a team. If there's still an open team left after that, GMs who went out in round 1 can grab a team.

In the meantime, if you've already claimed a team, feel free to put your roster together and post it up. So far I just have Russia's roster posted.

TO ALL GMS:

The CDCGML is strongly considering implementing an Arbitration option for the off-season. While it's likely that we will end up adding this option soon, we'd like to get our members opinion on whether it should be brought it for this summer, with the high volume of RFA players up for renewal this season, or if it's best to wait until next season.

My personal opinion is that it could be very helpful for this season, and considering that it is only May, there is still ample time for teams to consider this avenue for this summer as it is very early in the off-season.

The proposed Arbitration guidelines are as follows.

ARBITRATION RULES

- Players 23 or 24 years of age as of July 1st are eligible for team elected arbitration.

- Players 25 or 26 years of age as of July 1st are eligible for player elected arbitration.

- A player with arbitration rights cannot be asked by their club to file for arbitration, that decision is at the sole discretion of the player and their agent. Doing so will result in the club losing the player to unrestricted free agency.

- Electing for arbitration removes the possibility for the player to sign offer sheets.

- Teams can have a maximum of one team elected and one player elected arbitration case per season.

- The decision to opt for arbitration must be made before June 22nd of any given season.

- Arbitration cases will be scheduled and held via PM during the month of August.

- Through arbitration, only a 1 year deal will be awarded.

- The arbitrator (canuck2xtreme) will hear both the teams position and the players position via separate PMs, and then will have up to 7 days to make a decision.

- Both the team and the player are required to submit their proposed dollar figure in their statement.

- The arbitrator has the right to award either:

1. The players desired contract proposal,

2. The teams desired contract proposal, or

3. Any dollar figure in between the two figures provided by the team and player.

- If an arbitration award is within $1 million dollars of the teams desired contract proposal, the award is binding.

- If an arbitration award is more than $1 million higher than the teams desired contract proposal, the team has the right to walk away from the arbitration award, making the player an unrestricted free agent. Teams in this situation will NOT receive any compensation.

- All arbitration awards are final. Disrespect towards the arbitration system as a result of an unfavorable decision from either party will result in penalties levied by the league at their discretion. This can include, but is not limited to: cap space penalties, forfeiting of draft picks, loss of future arbitration rights, etc.

TO ALL GMS:

The CDCGML is strongly considering implementing an Arbitration option for the off-season. While it's likely that we will end up adding this option soon, we'd like to get our members opinion on whether it should be brought it for this summer, with the high volume of RFA players up for renewal this season, or if it's best to wait until next season.

My personal opinion is that it could be very helpful for this season, and considering that it is only May, there is still ample time for teams to consider this avenue for this summer as it is very early in the off-season.

The proposed Arbitration guidelines are as follows.

Not sure how I feel about this.

Will this arbitration be held between all agents and the GM?

What do you mean?

If you mean will an arbitration case be discussed by all agents, no.

Example: Florida has a player elect for arbitration. The case is scheduled for Aug.3rd. On the 3rd (or at least within a day or two), Florida's GM sends the arbitrator (me) a PM stating his case for his contract offer, and provides their one year contract proposal. The agent for the player represented also sends me a PM stating their case for the players requested contract, and provides their one year contract proposal.

From the time I receive both PMs, I have up to 7 days to make a decision on the case. From there, if the decision is over $1 million higher than the teams proposal, the team can walk away from the decision and the player becomes an unrestricted free agent. If the decision is within $1 million of the teams proposal, the award is binding and the contract is put into place.

It should also be noted that teams are still allowed to trade a player after an arbitration award has been handed down.

Oops mis-read something lol, nevermind.

I like the idea, but was wondering, say I agreed with the arbitrator on a contract for Joey Smith, even though the arbitrator ruled in favor of Joey, so I decide I want to move good ol' Joey, would I have to wait a year after the ruling to trade the player? Or could I do it whenever I wanted?

As I believe this is how the rule is IRL? Could be wrong

We will only award 1 year deals in arbitration, and only deals within $1 million will be binding. Otherwise the team has the option to walk away. This should minimize negative impact on teams who end up with a player at a higher cost than they anticipated.

And there is no restriction on trading a player who has an arbitration award. You could accept the award and then trade the player the following week if you really wanted to. But keep in mind that other players will notice things like that and it may not reflect well on the organization in future dealings with free agents.

Tentative Team Sweden Roster

Gabriel Landeskog (BUF) - Nicklas Backstrom (MIN) - Loui Eriksson (CAR)

Patric Hornqvist (ANA) - Patrik Berglund (BUF) - Daniel Alfredsson (DET)

Magnus Paajarvi (COL) - Marcus Johansson (CBJ) - Viktor Stalberg (PIT)

Jakob Silfverberg (WSH) - Mikael Backlund (COL) - Mikael Samuelsson (DAL)

Carl Soderberg (QUE) - Mika Zibanejad (CAR)

Victor Hedman (TBL) - Adam Larsson (OTT)

Tobias Enstrom (WSH) - Carl Gunnarsson (CHI)

Henrik Tallinder (COL) - Douglas Murray (ANA)

Johnny Oduya (TBL)

Henrik Lundqvist (TOR)

Anders Lindback (MTL)

Jacob Markstrom (CBJ)

Basing the team somewhat off EA ratings to remain competitive...could I get the overall's for the following players:

Magnus Paajarvi

Jabok Silfverberg

Mika Zibanejad

Carl Soderberg

Archived