The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

olympic_rings.jpg

New_York_Rangers.png

The Olympians!

With the summer games well underway, the staff at Madison Square Garden would like to once again recognize the players from Madison Square Garden, who after a lifetime of hard work and dedication, were individually selected to represent their countries at past Olympic Games.

In net, representing the United States of America in 2006, Rick DiPietro!!

Patrolling the blue line for the Czech Republic, three time Olympic Contender and Bronze Medalist, Pavel Kubina!!

Also on Defense from the Czech Republic three time olympian, Gold and Bronze Medalist Jaroslav Spacek!!!

Representing Russia, FOUR time Olympian, Bronze and Silver medalist, Sergei Gonchar!!

From the Czech Replic at Right Wing, 2002 Olympian Radek Dvorak!

Representing the United States of America in 2010, Silver Medalist at Left Wing, Ryan Malone!!

At Center Ice, From CANADA, Gold Medal Winning, two time Olympian Joe Thornton!!!!!

2006 Olympian, representing Kazakhstan, Centerman Nik Antropov!!

In a special Salute to all 8 of our Olympic Heroes, We have gathered a small display outside the Team Store at Madison Square Garden including a sample of Gold, Silver and Bronze medals won by your New York Ranger players, and starting Today through August 15th, 10% off all merchandise emblazoned with these Olympians names or numbers. Come down early, stock may be limited on some items.

So, the Isles may not have a top ranked 1st line but feel we have one of the best 2nd lines in the league.

Seguin - J Staal - Couture

IMHO this line would challenge the top line of half of the teams in the league.

Also, our top 4 D may not be rated up there with the best but we have as much young potential as any, and that by season end Elliott, B Smith ans Orlov could all be 30-40 point guys with D Hamilton a darkhorse to be the same.

I can honestly say that having the best top line doesn't mean anything without balance throughout the lineup. Look at the perennial contenders... The Isles have crazy depth all around, and very effective budget allocation throughout the lineup. His top forward is just over 6 mil, and have many good value contracts throughout the lineup.

Buffalo doesn't have any forwards over 5 mil, LA's got some top-6 guys on the 3rd line and 6 top-4 D-men, Washington's got like 5 good forward lines, and Curt just stacks Canucks :P

So, the Isles may not have a top ranked 1st line but feel we have one of the best 2nd lines in the league.

Seguin - J Staal - Couture

IMHO this line would challenge the top line of half of the teams in the league.

Also, our top 4 D may not be rated up there with the best but we have as much young potential as any, and that by season end Elliott, B Smith ans Orlov could all be 30-40 point guys with D Hamilton a darkhorse to be the same.

Hey guys, leaving tomorrow for the east coast. Don't know how much internet access I'll have, I'd say a little bit every 2-3 days. Get back on the 15th/16th, back home for 3/4 days and leave again for 5 days. Will only have a little bit of internet during that period.

Still looking for a vet d.

And similiar to TM, although we don't have the strongest top 4 per say, we've got quite a few up and comers in Kulikov, Petry, Brennan, Blum and Klefbom. We're hoping 2 of those last 3 will make it to the big league this year.

I am heading out for my birthday/golf weekend, and won't be checking in much over the next three days. If you have UFA offers in with me, I likely won't have much time until probably Tuesday to get to them. I should be able to respond to PM's, though.

Just thought y'all should know.

I am heading out for my birthday/golf weekend, and won't be checking in much over the next three days. If you have UFA offers in with me, I likely won't have much time until probably Tuesday to get to them. I should be able to respond to PM's, though.

Just thought y'all should know.

Archived