The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

another signing done..just not confirmed yet...mike?

for now the blues roster will be complete after this signing ..but what does a complete team helps if there is no season??? sniff

well the prospects and some guys will play in the ahl, ohl, whl...europe..could be exciting to see how they are doing there.

anyways...lets hope there will be a season..sooner or later

Just read an absolutely fantastic introspection of the current CBA negotiations. It combined two of my most favoritest things in the whole world......hockey and Tool.(a band for those who don't know)

I highly recommend you read it. It was so well done.

Here's a bit of it:

NHL: The Great Schism

Welcome and thank you for visiting the new McKeen’s, I’ll be your host for the next little while.

I did this before back in the day, based around a Leafs event. Somehow, I feel this subject is more appropriate.

Merriam-Webster defines Schism as: division, separation; also: discord, disharmony.

The NHL and NHLPA are in the midst of a Great Schism

Tool defined Schism as it appears below.

****Lyrics and music are copyright of TOOL.

Let’s get it started all up in here.

A special thanks to Ryan Dadoun from Pro Hockey Talk for his help.

I know the pieces fit ’cause I watched them fall away

The earliest hope to avoid a lockout next fall was dashed when the NHL filed a notice of termination of its collective bargaining agreement with the NHL Players’ Association on Wednesday morning, THN.com has learned. Article III of the agreement provided a slim hope a lockout could be avoided, as it was when the NHLPA elected to extend the agreement by one year. The article states that the CBA, “shall remain in effect from year to year (after it expires) unless and until either party shall deliver to the other a written notice of termination of the agreement at least 120 days prior to Sept. 15, 2011 or not less than a like period in any year thereafter.”

Which means that if neither side had filed a termination notice before Friday, the agreement automatically would have rolled over for another year. But that will not be the case since the league has already notified the players it intends to terminate the agreement. The players had the same option, but there was little chance the NHLPA would have filed to terminate an agreement that has been largely favorable to them.

I would caution anyone following this process to abandon any traditional ideas of what is “fair” or “unfair.” In a negotiation of this magnitude, both sides will be looking for the best deal possible for their collective membership. Period. The owners will try to take whatever they think they can get, as is their right, and so should we.

The NHL commissioner delivered that news to the NHL Players’ Association during a bargaining session on Thursday and confirmed it with reporters afterwards.

That leaves just 37 days for the sides to bridge what both consider to be a wide gap in talks.

[Cont'd]

http://www.mckeensho...ism/#comment-93

Just read an absolutely fantastic introspection of the current CBA negotiations. It combined two of my most favoritest things in the whole world......hockey and Tool.(a band for those who don't know)

I highly recommend you read it. It was so well done.

Here's a bit of it:

Give this article a read, it's very very well done and referenced, not to mention that it's soundtrack is among my most favourite Tool songs.

My guess is mimic the NHL schedule in full, yes?

:I am very curious to know the results of some head to head matchups, roster for roster in a sim game, haha...very curious indeed.

New York open with 8 regular season games in October and every one of them on the road against tough teams. We want to come back home to the Garden with 8 hard fought victories. 8 W's in October. A tall order to fill, but that is what every team wants to be able to do. We hit the west coast to start the year off in LA, can we win that season opener? You bet we can. Then on to the Sharks, Devils, Sabres, Lightning, and Pittsburgh, Carolina and Ottawa to finish the month off.

8 Dub's. That is the goal for October.

Archived