The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

so the not bolted ones at our spreadsheet rostes are NOT available..is this Correct?

Replying to questions/concerns while I get caught up, I'm on page 63 now so if you've posted something, I'll get to it shortly.

The bolded players were the ones drafted in the fantasy draft. Unbolded players weren't selected, either because we couldn't find them in the draft or because we didn't have enough draft rounds to select everyone. I intend to try to get as many players as I can into teams systems, but for now, the bolded ones are the only ones on the rosters. I will update this as soon as I can.

What happens if a player on our team gets injured during the sim? Do we all just suck it up until the player is back? OR do we have reserve guys/call ups?

What if a player on our roster gets sent to the minors or a player in our minors gets called up irl? How often can we make changes to our roster?

I will post injuries in the thread and teams can make changes accordingly.

Basically, we will run it exactly the same as we would if the NHL was going, except we will be using the sim results and league standings instead of our scoring structure.

CLARIFICATION PLEASE:

* So we are using NHL 13 to sim games and we will collect points from this and it starts Tuesday ? We do not even have word of any official NHL games being cancelled.

- Given how many teams are under the gun (didn't expect that) I think we will wait until the 1st to start, as I originally had planned. While we don't have any official regular season games cancelled yet, I'd say it would take a miracle at this point to avoid a lengthy lockout. Hope I'm wrong.

* Same point scoring structure as last season ?

- No, we will just use our head to head team records.

* How do we keep track of the stats and who is going to be going through each game to give us these stats and where do I go to view my team's stats ?

- Won't be necessary to do so as we will use our team win/loss record. If people are interested and I have time, I can post your teams top 10 scorers etc., any requested in depth info, time permitting of course.

* Have we confirmed all teams are ready ?

- Apparently not, hence the pushed back start date. But at this point, that shouldn't be far off as the start of the year would have been soon.

for this i would have to buyout some players...but we dont have a window actually?!

Sorry I should have posted this earlier.

The buyout window is currently open (Sept. 23-30th). But there will be another one before the season starts if/when the NHL actually gets going.

Interesting side note, players that have signed in Europe or the KHL during the lockout, technically, qualify to have their contracts voided in our league.... doubtful anyone would actually do that, considering the players over there, but it is an option.

If I'm understanding, I can't use Petry b/c he isn't bolded? Clarification?

hmm...

Again, bolded players were selected in the fantasy draft. Not sure why Petry wasn't selected, either I missed bolding him or somehow missed him during the draft. I will double check.

In any event, I will be trying to ensure I get as many players onto the rosters as possible, so I will hopefully be able to add him to your roster before we start. I'll keep you (and any other team in a similar situation) posted.

NOTES:

For folks looking to hit the cap floor, Rick DiPietro is being actively shopped around - Also I am looking for a league minimum forward to get on the ice for under 575 thousand, perhaps one of those could land you a DiPietro?, and for the Front Office, C2X, if there are changes to the format of Front Office, will be allowed to reset it, also will we be allowed to reset it when the CBA agreement is reached and the real NHL goes back to work? In short, is this version of the front office just for the sim'd games on NHL 13 or are we stuck with it till next summer?

Good question. If there ever are changes to how the Front Office budgets work, teams will be allowed to reset them.

As for this season between the sim and the real NHL, should it resume, I think we should leave them set, as we are trying to operate as normal as possible. This shouldn't really negatively impact anyone, as nobody has made any adjustments to their budgets since we decided to go ahead with the sim.

EDIT:

Note that above paragraph is just opinion..i am not an official with the league..haha.....I was wondering, since our league has no lockout: what the real date to be cap compliant is? Should our GM's have a firm date to get their minor leagues cap compliant by ? Or add more front office money to their minor leagues budget...any one officially want to comment? SOrry If my excited early post stepped on some toes.

Date to be cap compliant: Sept. 30th.

Come to think of it, September 30th will also be the date that waivers will be mandatory to send a player down to minors.

The Ottawa Senators would like to call up Scottie Upshall and Brett Connolly.

We would also like to release Joakim Lindstrom who has decided to return to Europe to continue his career.

Note: From now on (sim or real NHL) when calling up players, completing a trade, signing a player etc. teams must post an updated lineup so I can place the player in their proper spot. Not doing so will result in the player not being added to your active lineup. So for Upshall and Connolly, I will need to know where to place them before I can complete that roster move. Thanks :)

Archived