10335 replies to this topic

#4921 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

C'mon Schroeder... continue to force yourself on this Canucks roster.

I think he's won his spot, if he keeps playing responsible defensively I think we'd see something like:

Sedins-Burr
Raymond-Kesler-Kassian
Booth-Schroeder-Hansen
Higgins-Manny-Lappy

Though I have really liked Burr at center and he's been doing quite well on draws as well. Lots of options with the way Schroeds has played for sure. ::D

Posted Image

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#4922 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

edit: double post

Edited by OurTimeToShine, 05 February 2013 - 04:38 PM.

Posted Image

#4923 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,417 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

I think he's won his spot, if he keeps playing responsible defensively I think we'd see something like:

Sedins-Burr
Raymond-Kesler-Kassian
Booth-Schroeder-Hansen
Higgins-Manny-Lappy

Though I have really liked Burr at center and he's been doing quite well on draws as well. Lots of options with the way Schroeds has played for sure. ::D

I found that it limited Burrows offense when he was centre, he wasn't able to use his speed and strong board play due to the increased defensive responsibility.

Regardless if I have Schroeder in this pool - I want him to succeed.
Posted Image

#4924 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,491 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Scrivens will get a chance Tonight...hope he takes it...Theo is on the Bench though

179zig.jpg

Credits to Discord for the Signature

iqbl75.jpgCDCGML St.Louis Blues Rosteriqbl75.jpg

#4925 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,780 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

speaking just in terms of Canucks, I see more upside from Schroeder than Ebbett, and so I prefer Schroeder be our 'extra' center in Vancouver. Anyway you slice the Hodgson situation, he was gonna be stuck behind Sedin and Kessler at C position so I am glad that we got Kassian for himi when we did. Imo Kassian will blossom into a huge offensive force soooner rather than later, and even now so far he has what...a team leading 5 goals and tied for 2nd in team points? Honestly i just looked that up and now i am shocked he has such a great start...haha...maybe he is blooming right now!

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#4926 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,315 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

CDCGML 2012-13 Sim Playoffs - Quarterfinals Game 3 Results

---------------------------------------
Posted Image Tampa Bay - 3
Posted Image Winnipeg - 1
- TB leads series 2-1
Posted Image Ottawa - 1
Posted Image Toronto - 3
- TOR leads series 2-1
Posted Image Pittsburgh - 2 (OT)
Posted Image NY Islanders - 1
- PIT leads series 3-0
Posted Image Buffalo - 2
Posted Image Washington - 1
- BUF leads series 2-1
Posted Image Vancouver - 0
Posted Image Calgary - 5
- CGY leads series 3-0
Posted Image St. Louis - 3
Posted Image Detroit - 4
- DET leads series 2-1
Posted Image Nashville - 4
Posted Image Quebec - 5
- QUE leads series 3-0
Posted Image Los Angeles - 3
Posted Image Edmonton - 1
- LA leads series 2-1

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#4927 greensman

greensman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Sedins-Burr
Raymond-Kesler-Kassian
Booth-Schroeder-Hansen
Higgins-Manny-Lappy

I agree with everything, except Raymond on the 2nd line? Over Booth?

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen is a great sounding 3rd line. I`d see Raymond as expendable or 4th line...

Personal preference would be to leave kassian with the Sedins on the 1st line, and put Burr and Kes together on the 2nd.

Edited by greensman, 05 February 2013 - 07:07 PM.

imagejpg1-5.jpg

#4928 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen is a great sounding 3rd line. I`d see Raymond as expendable or 4th line...

Personal preference would be to leave kassian with the Sedins on the 1st line, and put Burr and Kes together on the 2nd.

Raymond deserves to be in the top-9 over Higgins IMO, he has been much better offensively and defensively.

I wouldn't mind that either, Kass was great with the twins, if Burr and Kes can produce that would be a great 2nd line.

Posted Image

#4929 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

SIGNING: The Colorado Avalanche have signed forward Steve Begin to a one year deal.

Steve Begin: 1 year, $ 875,000.00 dollar contract.
Posted Image

#4930 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,315 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

:picard:

Am I the only one that has noticed that Raymond has been pretty good so far this year?

As for Kassian, I'd like to see how he plays with Kesler, for one very simple reason.

Next year we're paying Burrows $4.5 million dollars. He's making that because he's a great linemate with the Sedins who has been producing while he plays with them. While undoubtedly valuable to the team, is he still a $4.5 million dollar player when he's not with the Sedins? If it's not broken, don't fix it.

I'd leave Kassian with the Sedins on the powerplay maybe. But I'd like to see if Kassian and Kesler can get some chemistry going. If they can, the Sedins/Burrows line and a Kesler/Kassian line would give us two lines that could take over a game and make us that much tougher to play against. And if we need to shake things up in a slump or something, they would always be flipped to change things up.

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#4931 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Raymond is one of the better forwards thus far this season for sure. Using his speed, pretty good positioning, defensively reliable, using his body more yes I said it. And yeah, producing more. Raymond will remain a top nine forward or should.

Booth I am not a huge fan of since he has been in Vancouver, not sure where his spot is.
Posted Image

#4932 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,780 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Am I the only one that has noticed that Raymond has been pretty good so far this year?

As for Kassian, I'd like to see how he plays with Kesler, for one very simple reason.

Next year we're paying Burrows $4.5 million dollars. He's making that because he's a great linemate with the Sedins who has been producing while he plays with them. While undoubtedly valuable to the team, is he still a $4.5 million dollar player when he's not with the Sedins? If it's not broken, don't fix it.

I'd leave Kassian with the Sedins on the powerplay maybe. But I'd like to see if Kassian and Kesler can get some chemistry going. If they can, the Sedins/Burrows line and a Kesler/Kassian line would give us two lines that could take over a game and make us that much tougher to play against. And if we need to shake things up in a slump or something, they would always be flipped to change things up.

I am allowing Raymond a chance to change my mind, but it will take more than these nine games. Had he been shipped out in the offseason i wouldn't have minded. he does seem to be going to the net a bit more, and i admit also falling down a bit less, BUT i ahve to say too that when I specifically thought to watch him to see if he falls down a couple games ago he fell down about 12 seconds later...so that isn't good either. haha....

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#4933 Mattias Ohlund.2

Mattias Ohlund.2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

C-L-A-R-K-S-O-N

carrying this team again, 2gs, 1 a which puts him at 7 goals and 5 assists for 12 points in 9 games! Keep it up!

Proud GM of Edmonton-CDCGML

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables!

#4934 _arby_18

_arby_18

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Congrats to D Zach Redmond for earning not only his first NHL point, but two assists including one on the OT game-winner! The Habs are incredibly pleased to see that another player has come up from the minors to contribute majorly to the team.

Check out my blog on www.arcticicehockey.com, the Home of the Winnipeg Jets on SBNation!

CDCGML Montreal Canadiens
Posted Image
(Click Above to See About Me Page with Roster)

#4935 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

BRANDON SAAD!!! Finally the kid gets his first career goal! He deserved it! :towel:

Edited by OurTimeToShine, 05 February 2013 - 09:36 PM.

Posted Image

#4936 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,052 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

I'm resisting the temptation to wish one of my players goes ape sh*! just for the pool points.

I'm so darn glad he (c2x) let me try it again
Cause my last time on earth I lived a whole world of sin
I'm so glad that I know more than I knew then
Gonna keep on tryin'
Till I reach the highest ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnbdXWvmysg

Edited by theminister, 05 February 2013 - 10:24 PM.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#4937 da.moose

da.moose

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

RUMOUR: The Washington Capitals have plenty of depth players available. Anyone interested in adding an NHLer should PM da.moose

#4938 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,491 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

The Blues Tonight

Greene 1 PPA +1 4 PIM 12 Pts

Scrivens Win 10 Pts :)

Chimera 2 PIM 2 Pts

Hodgson 1 A 2 PIMS 5 Pts

Iginla 1 G +1 5 Pts

Bouwmeester 2 PIM 2 Pts

Weiss 2 PIM 2 Pts

Erat 1 G 1 A 1 PPA +2 14 Pts

Legwand +2 2 PIM 6 Pts

58 Points

179zig.jpg

#4939 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,417 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

SIGNING: The New Jersey Devils have signed forward Alexander Guptill to a three year deal.

Alexander Guptill: 3 year, $ 1.875M contract. ($625,000 per season)
Posted Image

#4940 ActionJax09

ActionJax09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

I agree. But everyone has to remember, there will always be at least 1 injured forward. I think Volpatti has played better than the Canucks could have expected. There is no reason to take him out. If anyone is coming out its manny. Personally I do not think weise brings much to the table but he can fight when needed

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Kesler Kassian
Higgins Schroeder Hansen
Volpatti Lappy Weise

*by the time Booth comes back someone will be injured and he will fill the hole

#4941 ActionJax09

ActionJax09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

Recall: The Pittsburgh Penguins recall Tye McGinn from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton

#4942 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,780 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Disappointing returns last night for the Rangers. Two players on the ice tonight, and its a great time for Brad Staubitz to shake off the rust and come out swinging. Our Rock'em Sock'em fourth line this year has started a little slow. This energy line has just 23 points combined this year, while last year they would have been over 45 combined by now. With Smith-Pelley being sent down, Staubitz should see much higher icetime and much less press box time.The bottom line is, I am looking for more from my bottom line, and that all starts tonight as we feature Brad Staubitz and Sheldon Souray on the ice. Souray has been a rock on Defense, in a good way. I am a little surprised at what appears to be a resurgence from the blue liner. What a great addition to the squad.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#4943 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,491 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

St. Louis Blues Player of the Week (Week 2)

Nathan Horton

The Blues have received Nathan in the Offseason via Trade and he came back from a longterm Injury.

Horton had a "cool" Start but stepped up last Week with 2 Goals and 2 Assists. He has Total of 3 Goals and 6 Points so far and is playing with Cody Hodgson and Stephen Weiss at one Line. "Healthy..thats a pretty good Line IMO and they will help us to make the Playoffs again..TGC said."

We hope to see more of this Guys in the next Weeks and Month.

Posted Image

179zig.jpg

#4944 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,491 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

Who´s Hot and who´s not....

Cody Hodgson is Hot...well he gave us more than excepted so far.

5 Goals and 10 Points are Cody´s Stats after 2 Weeks.

Andy Greene is finally back...he had more than an off Start but last Weekend

he broke down the Walls and scored an SHG . 3 Assists and a good +/- Rating were following

and Andy is a candidate for the Player of the Week.

Martin Erat returned  with a BANG from a injury last night recored 1 Goal and 2 Assists.

All in all we are pleased with him . 3 Goals and 4 Assists are really good.

Further we are pleased with our Defence so far. Ehrhoff 5 Assists , Sekera 1 Goal and 2 Assists ,

Sulzer with 2 Goals and 1 Assist nad Jay Bouwmeester with 2 Goals and 2 Assists.

Andre Benoit with 2 Assists since he joined the Blues...he found his way to the Top 6 after he was expected No. 7 or No. 8 in the Depthchart.

Borowiecki is still young and a good Guy. We love his physical Play and we think there is way more Potential.

Bad thing ...The Hoff and Sekera are out for some Days..hopefully not to long.

The Goaltending is solid currently and we are glad that Ben took his chance last Night and that he added his 2nd Win this Season. Theo also stepped up last Week with 2 Wins ..so we are Pleased right now.

Sullivan, Weiss and Goc all came back from injuries and they need some Time to warm up again.

Guys that could do better is our whole 4th Line excepted Brandon Bollig who is doing his Job...being a Tough Guy.

Hartikainen, Daugavins and Vincour have more potential than it looks like currently.

Its how Players gets used..if they just get 7-10 Minutes Icetime or get scratched...they dont really

have a chance to show up their real Potential ...same for Sgarbossa , who´s playing his 1st NHL Season.

Hope those Guys will add some Points in the Next Weeks.

Disapointments so far...Dave Legwand and Nate Prosser

2 Goals and 1 Assist is all what Dave has recorded so far ..thats not what we expect  from him.

Well ..the Season is just 2 Weeks old and we believe that Dave will find back his Scoring touch.

We put a lot of hope and confidence in Nate Prosser since he joined the Organisation ..some Scoring...some thoughness ..this was what kept him on the Roster last Season.

But this Season is a disaster and he´s a welcome Guest in the Pressbox since over one Week..sadly.

We hope he´ll find back his way to the Team...however.

i totally forgot about chimera nd iggy.....lol

Edited by TheGermanCanuck, 07 February 2013 - 01:58 AM.

179zig.jpg

#4945 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,315 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

CDCGML 2012-13 Sim Playoffs - Quarterfinals Game 4 Results

Posted Image Tampa Bay - 2
Posted Image Winnipeg - 0
- TB leads series 3-1
Posted Image Ottawa - 5
Posted Image Toronto - 4
- Series tied 2-2
Posted ImagePittsburgh - 1
Posted Image NY Islanders - 2
- PIT leads series 3-1
Posted Image Buffalo - 2
Posted Image Washington - 0
- BUF leads series 3-1
Posted Image Vancouver - 1
Posted Image Calgary - 3
- CGY wins series 4-0
Posted Image St. Louis - 1
Posted Image Detroit - 5
- DET leads series 3-1
Posted Image Nashville - 2
Posted Image Quebec - 1
- QUE leads series 3-1
Posted Image Los Angeles - 1
Posted Image Edmonton - 4
- Series tied 2-2

#4946 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,315 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

WAIVERS: The Anaheim Ducks have claimed Tim Connolly off waivers from the Nashville Predators.

#4947 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,491 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

CDCGML 2012-13 Sim Playoffs - Quarterfinals Game 4 Results

Posted Image Tampa Bay - 2
Posted Image Winnipeg - 0
- TB leads series 3-1
Posted Image Ottawa - 5
Posted Image Toronto - 4
- Series tied 2-2
Posted ImagePittsburgh - 1
Posted Image NY Islanders - 2
- PIT leads series 3-1
Posted Image Buffalo - 2
Posted Image Washington - 0
- BUF leads series 3-1
Posted Image Vancouver - 1
Posted Image Calgary - 3
- CGY wins series 4-0
Posted Image St. Louis - 1
Posted Image Detroit - 5
- DET leads series 3-1
Posted Image Nashville - 2
Posted Image Quebec - 1
- QUE leads series 3-1
Posted Image Los Angeles - 1
Posted Image Edmonton - 4
- Series tied 2-2

ouch

179zig.jpg

#4948 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,315 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

WAIVERS: The Anaheim Ducks have claimed Tim Jackman off waivers from the Nashville Predators.

#4949 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,315 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

TRADE: The Ottawa Senators have made a trade with the Los Angeles Kings.

To OTT:
Marc-Edouard Vlasic
Keaton Ellerby
Kevin Westgarth

To LA:
Riley Sheahan
Jerome Gauthier-Leduc
Cody Goloubef
Andreas Athanasiou

#4950 boxing hobo

boxing hobo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

The Avs are thrilled to welcome Steve begin to our lineup and place him on the active roster.

Current roster

Gagne - begin - Simmonds
Greening - nystrom - kostitsyn
Santorelli - Strome - Parros
Zucker - Adam - ?????

Brewer - jovanovski
Gorges - hainsey
Poti - Hejda
Foster - Scandella

Nabokov
Bernier

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.