The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Happy New Year everyone!!

As I'm sure you guys have noticed, with the World Junior pool going strong (BIG Thanks to Primal for handling it!) the sim is on hold. I can get it going again if you guys would like both going at once. Up to you guys.

Also, I've had a few people ask about a potential draft once the lockout ends, like if we would completely reset the rosters and do a whole new fantasy draft to remake every roster, perhaps with the chance to protect a few players beforehand. I hadn't really considered it, but a shakeup might be fun too, give some new guys a chance to really put their marks on their teams and guys stuck with lower end teams get a chance to 'even the playing field' so to speak.

I can definitely see both sides of the coin here, so I'll leave it up to you guys. Majority rules, I'm fine either way.

Also, are all the current GMs returning after the lockout?

As I'm sure you guys have noticed, with the World Junior pool going strong (BIG Thanks to Primal for handling it!) the sim is on hold. I can get it going again if you guys would like both going at once. Up to you guys.

Also, I've had a few people ask about a potential draft once the lockout ends, like if we would completely reset the rosters and do a whole new fantasy draft to remake every roster, perhaps with the chance to protect a few players beforehand. I hadn't really considered it, but a shakeup might be fun too, give some new guys a chance to really put their marks on their teams and guys stuck with lower end teams get a chance to 'even the playing field' so to speak.

I can definitely see both sides of the coin here, so I'll leave it up to you guys. Majority rules, I'm fine either way.

As I'm sure you guys have noticed, with the World Junior pool going strong (BIG Thanks to Primal for handling it!) the sim is on hold.  I can get it going again if you guys would like both going at once. Up to you guys.

I will definitely be back in full force once the lockout ends.

I can also see both sides of the coin on any kind of draft, etc. as some guys have put in a lot of time to build their teams. I think it would be a fun way to spice things up though and would be okay with something like that.

I think the remainder of the lockout should be a time the exec spends reviewing rosters more closely and enforcing just how many star players each team can be expected to keep happy indefinitely........lets face it some teams are ridiculously overpowered and would never be able to hold onto that many star players by playing them on the 2nd line or 2nd defence pairing........

If realism is the goal of course.

I am intrigued with a draft idea....I like The P Trains thoughts...a 'limited' draft? Perhaps a good way to get compliant in a hurry too..."two buyouts to get cap compliant: the buyouts and all other free agents go into a mini draft? might be cool but at the end of the season, since it loks like this short season will be full cap ...at least it seems so to me right now..

I am cool keeping teams, i am cool redrafting...i really like this league and the 'keeper' idea is unique, or at least makes it cool

Putting the sim on hold is good imo.

No way in hell to re-drafting, I would be furious if things were reset after I`ve spent so much time building my team.

This was my initial reaction too. I didn't think it would get much support, but felt I should put it to you guys anyways. Honestly I'd have been amazed if more than 4 or 5 guys were up for that. It's a crap ton of work too :lol:

I'm for a redraft and/or a lottery draft. It would be fun to scout players again and will jump start us back into the swing of things. Buyouts like Primal Optimist suggested are also appealing to me. NHL is shedding it's skin with this lockout and so should we!

The Thrilla In UFA!!!

Swiss side fights Russian Hosts all the way to the Shoot Out!!!

We are updated and there is a bit of separation now in the pack, with Team Train holding a full 7 point lead.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am6MYpMRLMTvdFZPU0s0MkRPZENjYWdxYm96UWxnZGc

66 Points: The Phaneuf Train

59 Points: Cal and Gary's Phlegm's

58 Points: Champions of Nothing, Primal Optimist, Arby 18, The Ratiocinator

56 Points: Our Time To Shine

55 Points: Canuck2xtreme

52 Points: Strombone1

50 Points: Wilb

49 Points: The German Canuck

45 Points: WinterHawks

44 Points: Tony Romo

I will double check these later, as it is really wide open, but I am fairly sure its accurate. Congrats to Arby18 on a huge night!

Tonight we have the four heavyweights once again doing battle as Canada and the USA square off around 1am PST and Sweden Vs Host team Russia at about 5am PST. This represents the vast majority of our players in action 23 fantasy players of 34. Now an orange background on the players playing tonight will appear on the google doc.

Blues News

If the Season starts and we keep our Teams , the Blues are open to Trade some Roster Players to a Team which has not enough Roster Players for Draftpicks or Prospects.

With Tomas Vincour, Kaspars Daugavins, Andrei Loktionov and Teemu Hartikainen we have 4 Young Guys who shared their last Season in the AHL and the NHL.

With Johan Larsson and Mike Sgarbossa we have 2 other Youngsters who could see NHL Icetime this Season.

So we want to make Room for them.

Blues Forward Depthchart

Green= Fixed NHL Players

Orange = 50/50 NHL Players

Red = Possible NHL Players

Horton - Weiss - Iginla

Erat - Legwand - Hodgson

Chimera - Goc - Bergenheim

Sullivan - Loktionov - Nodl

Vincour - Hartikainen - Daugavins

Larsson - Sgarbossa

We wont move Hartikainen and Vincour.

So that leaves Daugavins and/or Loktionov + we would include an Veteran Player like Bergenheim or Nodl

Further there are still Carson McMillan , Cody Bass and Bryan Rodney on the Market.

Carson has 5 Points in 15 NHL Games , Cody could also get NHL Icetime.

If there are interested Teams..PM me.

I like the team i took over, and as you can see i resigned most of them, i let three go on purpose and I am loving my prospects..Ville Pokka, man of the match last night, as an example. I am leaning with squeek and the no side, but wouldn't complain if there was one. I know I already said that in different words, but wanted to say it again with more clarity. haha

I'm opposed to the complete re-draft overhaul idea, but I do see the merit in some sort of "expansion draft" type of thing that would help spread the wealth while also helping teams attempt to get cap compliant for the 2013-14 season. Maybe there could be some sort of mechanism created where teams could earn an extra draft pick by allowing players to enter the "expansion draft", and the pick would improve based on the quantity/quality of the player(s) left exposed? Just a thought.

I'm probably a team that would benefit it from a redraft but I'm definitely with the no side. Lets keep it as is. Maybe a lottery draft of sorts, where teams can protect a certain number of players or a set amount of salary? That way guys can retain the teams they've built but we get a bit of a shake up and maybe help some lower end teams a bit?

A complete re-draft will take a tonne of time I don't have any more, and is unfair to the GM's that put in the work to make up their rosters.

If you want to do an equalization partial draft, I'm all for it, but I'd like to protect most of my players if that was the case.

Archived