The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

As a team right up snug against the cap, I suppose it wouldn't hurt if I am the one broaching the idea that depending on how the league handles things...perhaps simply allowing the full prorated this half season is good, and then incorporating the make whole money next season will reduce the sting..but then by the year after that we simply need to be compliant. No iff ands or butts: this would more or less force some movement of arguably top ranked players who command top end money.

As a team with more than one guy making 5m or more..i know that i would be forced to move out some talent which no doubt, some less stacked teams would be eager to snatch up. Obviously pending the eventual deal the league makes...we will have to see how they do it..but if they do it by allowing one buyout and the rest the teams have to trade away salary to get under: then that might be the way to go..if its all trading away salary..then maybe we should do that too

I guess we won't know which direction to explore until we know how the league is doing it first.

it seems NO rules ...good good

scouting players during the season would also help teams

for an example...nate prosser or stu bickel..no one had them on their list last season and they were not set on their teams

both were a great help for the blues last season..even stu is not longer at our team

or "one week" wonders like paul szczechura

I'm opposed to the complete re-draft overhaul idea, but I do see the merit in some sort of "expansion draft" type of thing that would help spread the wealth while also helping teams attempt to get cap compliant for the 2013-14 season. Maybe there could be some sort of mechanism created where teams could earn an extra draft pick by allowing players to enter the "expansion draft", and the pick would improve based on the quantity/quality of the player(s) left exposed? Just a thought.

No spoilers this morning, but the standins are:

67: The Phaneuf Train

64: Arby_18 (the comeback kid)

62: Primal Optimist, Cal & Gary's Phlegms, The Ratiocinator

61: Champions Of Nothing

58: Our Time To Shine

56: Strombone1, Canuck2xtreme,

52: Wilb

50: The German Canuck

48: Winterhawks

45: Tony Romo

In action tonight: Finns and Czech's for our pool.

Again, I will double check every individual player stat just before the finals to ensure i have it right, but if you notice an error please tell me!

In action tonight: Finns and Czech's for our pool.

Again, I will double check every individual player stat just before the finals to ensure i have it right, but if you notice an error please tell me!

I couldn't believe what I was watching and by the end of the first I, a hockey deprived fan boy for the last 31 or more years of my life, turned off the Team Canada game and went to sleep. So loose in that period...it seemed that our squad was okay with playing the american tactic of tennis match to counter superior skill and composure and we let them!!!, and I assume the rest of the periods only got more frantic. I am not blaming Subban, the whole team was sloppy and every canadian skater seemed to be playing for a personal score on the resume rather than a team win. I didn't like it.

Yes, Team Canada didn't play as well as they did against Russia, but why is there hardily any credit given to the US game plan and how they simply beat Team Canada? Team US probably played a pretty much picture perfect game as to how to beat Team Canada: they hounded the puck, made quick transitions on the turn overs they forced, used their speed to back up the Canadian defense, and got an OUTSTANDING performance from John Gibson. We can debate all we want about what his ultimate upside will be, but for the semifinal game, John Gibson was what we refer to as "in the zone". He has been the best goaltender in this tournament BY FAR, and it's not even close. If Team USA wins the gold, he'll be the reason why. Let's give credit where credit is due: hats off to John Gibson and Team USA.

Archived