The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Further to this, I would be happy to take on the LTIR confirmation role again if that is deemed useful to you.

I propose all rules be the same as in prior years, allowing for suggestions for changes in the approved sources list.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuires

http://www.sportsnet...y/nhl/injuries/

http://espn.go.com/nhl/injuries

http://www.rotoworld...juries/nhl/all/

jake-mccabe_001-1_1_r200.jpg?d7a3f8c02c4ecb0c13aa024e1d80d1053ad1deecJohnGibson2AndreRInguette_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=226&q=85

The Ottawa Senators would like to congratulate Dman Jake McCabe and goaltender John Gibson on their World Junior gold medals. Jake McCabe broke out offensively with 6 points in 7 games, including 2 goals and an assist in USAs commanding win over Canada in the semifinals. Jake captained USA to their 2nd gold in 4 years. John Gibson was named tournament MVP and started all 7 games for USA. Many have said that John was the main reason why the Americans were able to defeat Canada and Sweden. Ottawa continues to find steals in the later rounds, the future looks bright in the nations capital!

Small tweaks will need to be made I think to our CBA, in the coming offseason: like this coming summer. I am one of many who don't put any money into legal. In reality any NHL team needs a legal department of some sort in order to actually draft contracts and trade deals. I would suggest in our new CBA we enforce spreading the wealth around the front office by making the first step of legal cash simply open up the ability to trade and sign players. Any traction on this? Again, i have zero in that department too...but it is not realistic.

After finishing 3rd from the basement last season the Wild are optimistic that this year they can compete in the tough Northwest. GM wallstreetamigo stressed 4 factors that he sees as critical to improvement this season. "Obviously staying relatively healthy is important to all teams but us specifically as we still work on acquiring the depth we need. We need some of our young players like Mikael Granlund, Brandon Gormley, JT Brown, and Andrew Shaw to step in and contribute, and we need consistent goaltending from Ilya Bryzgalov like we got at the beginning and the end of last season. The veteran players on our team need to step up their game. With Backstrom and Zajac missing so much time last year our offense simply ran dry. But we see acquiring Jeff Carter as a catalyst to making our offense tick. Dany Heatley and Devin Setoguchi need to provide that secondary scoring we need to be competitive though and will be given every opportunity to succeed. All in all I am happy with the way things are progressing with this team."

Small tweaks will need to be made I think to our CBA, in the coming offseason: like this coming summer. I am one of many who don't put any money into legal. In reality any NHL team needs a legal department of some sort in order to actually draft contracts and trade deals. I would suggest in our new CBA we enforce spreading the wealth around the front office by making the first step of legal cash simply open up the ability to trade and sign players. Any traction on this? Again, i have zero in that department too...but it is not realistic.

Just a note... if you read it carefully, my opinion is that Legal plays an important role for some teams.

If you are a team that has a reputation for trading high numbers of players per season, that can directly affect some signings. Your organization begins to look like a commodities trader rather than a team builder. This part of the budget is a chance for those teams to level the playing field. This is a very realistic aspect of our game, and should be closely scrutinized by teams that have just gone under a major overhaul, or teams that just prefer to make moves more often. Nothing wrong with either approach, as long as you cover you backside ;)

I personally have a very small amount in my Legal, as I make very few trades, honour my trade clauses and have attempted to build a reputation of treating my players like a family. Many of my roster players are products of my own prospect system, and I continue to build from within to produce a contending team.

After finishing 3rd from the basement last season the Wild are optimistic that this year they can compete in the tough Northwest. GM wallstreetamigo stressed 4 factors that he sees as critical to improvement this season. "Obviously staying relatively healthy is important to all teams but us specifically as we still work on acquiring the depth we need. We need some of our young players like Mikael Granlund, Brandon Gormley, JT Brown, and Andrew Shaw to step in and contribute, and we need consistent goaltending from Ilya Bryzgalov like we got at the beginning and the end of last season. The veteran players on our team need to step up their game. With Backstrom and Zajac missing so much time last year our offense simply ran dry. But we see acquiring Jeff Carter as a catalyst to making our offense tick. Dany Heatley and Devin Setoguchi need to provide that secondary scoring we need to be competitive though and will be given every opportunity to succeed. All in all I am happy with the way things are progressing with this team."

Just a note... if you read it carefully, my opinion is that Legal plays an important role for some teams.

If you are a team that has a reputation for trading high numbers of players per season, that can directly affect some signings. Your organization begins to look like a commodities trader rather than a team builder. This part of the budget is a chance for those teams to level the playing field. This is a very realistic aspect of our game, and should be closely scrutinized by teams that have just gone under a major overhaul, or teams that just prefer to make moves more often. Nothing wrong with either approach, as long as you cover you backside ;)

I personally have a very small amount in my Legal, as I make very few trades, honour my trade clauses and have attempted to build a reputation of treating my players like a family. Many of my roster players are products of my own prospect system, and I continue to build from within to produce a contending team.

Well, curiosity got the better of me: half the league has six million in legal while only 7 have zero, there is a team with 3m, one with 8 million, two with 7m and four with 10 million in legal.

So maybe i am the only one that thinks it should change, and if that is the case, I will shut my pie hole. ; )

PS: actuallly eating pumpkin pie.

Well, curiosity got the better of me: half the league has six million in legal while only 7 have zero, there is a team with 3m, one with 8 million, two with 7m and four with 10 million in legal.

So maybe i am the only one that thinks it should change, and if that is the case, I will shut my pie hole. ; )

PS: actuallly eating pumpkin pie.

Red Wings are in, was there any doubt?

Legal - $0M

Medical - $10M

PR - $12M

PD - $13M

Total = $35M

Projected Line-up:

Zach Parise - Jamie Benn - Patrick Sharp

Scott Hartnell - Saku Koivu - Daniel Alfredsson

Mark Letestu - Dave Bolland - Trevor Lewis

Cody McCormick - Derek Mackenzie - Matt Bradley

Lennart Petrell

Dustin Byfuglien - Brent Seabrook

James Wisniewski - Toni Lydman

Rusty Klesla - Matthew Corrente

Jim Vandermeer

Jonathan Quick

Jhonas Enroth

Yes, I understand the intentions and the nuanced use of the legal department, but for me, it is just a bit too nuanced to be useful. I think every GM tries to be a decent guy to his players, but with that sort of thing being subjective and nuanced..i don't like the feel of it. If I am in the minority that is cool, i can live with it: it suits me to have zero bucks there, just on the whole that doesn't seem right to me.

Archived