The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

The New York Rangers house keeping items: team chart needs just a slight adjustment: Could we have Rhett Rhakshani removed from the 2013 rfa's list, and Fabian Brunnstrom removed from the pending UFA's list as well as Mr. Spacek. Thank you

Further to our 'leaked' depth chart, we will comply with a full depth chart prior to the league cut off, and we are aware that we are over the 23 player limit, however daily changes prior to the official submission seem redundant right now, if it is helpful though, Kostitsyn will move up the lw to 2nd line. Final team cuts will be made at some point after training camp has been made. Our full compliment of talent has been invited to camp along with one or two potential ufa's.

MSG NEWS 2013

Prospect Roundup. Back over six months ago I enjoyed our first CDCGML draft with the New York Rangers club and I thought I should revisit those youngsters in a bit of a Prospect Breakdown. I am excited to present: NYR DRAFT YEAR 2012, a retrospective.

Patrick Sieloff (*CDCGML selected 3rd Round 72nd overall): A good steal in our draft, Dman Patrick "sleeper cell" Sieloff went in the 2nd round 42nd overall to the Calgary Flames. I had to double check and triple check on Sieloff when he was still available at this late stage in the draft. I hope that decision doesn't come back to haunt me, but at this rate, it looks like it was a good decision at the draft table. Patrick has 9 points and 71 penalty minutes with the WIndsor Spitfires of the OHL. He also attended the WJC's scoring 1 point in 6 games played. Despite coming out of the US national development program, or maybe because of it, Patrick Sieloff plays like a real Hitman, and will be a great fit for Calgary in years to come. His development is outstanding and his stock continues to rise.

Joonas Korpisalo (*CDCGML selected 3rd round 62nd overall) The NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets agreed with me and drafted Joonas 62nd overall as well. Fancy that. In the microcosm that is the WJC Joonas was Finnlands goaltender going into a tournament where the team had high expectations of a higher than normal medal finish. After posting 1.5gaa in the first two games, team finnland struggled for a win in the SO against the Swiss and then suffered a route from defending champs Sweden. Despite the tournament struggles, Joonas has registered a shutout in his SM Liga debut with Jokerit, and is posting good numbers with his junior clubs in th 12-13 season.

Mikko Vainonen (*CDCGML selected 2nd round 59th overall): Drafted by the Nashville Predators in the 4th round 118th overall, and currently playing D for the Kingston Frontenacs...where I used to be able to catch a game and Mike Gillis before he was, you know, famous....Mikko is quietly going about his business, and business is good. With 15 points in 36 games, the 6'3" defender has become more lean this season and his coach notes that he is more noticeably buff than at the NHL combine. Out of character for an OHL import, Mikko is the teams grit in kingston, patrolling the blueline with force, while avoiding costly penalties.

Scott Kosmachuk (*CDCGML selected 2nd round 45th overall): We traded our 24th overall pick and Tyler Eckford for Talented Andrei Kostitsyn and this 45th pick in our draft, quickly turning that pick into RW Scott Kosmachuk who is having an exciting breakout year with the Guelph Storm in the "O". This tough kid was drafted 3rd round, 70th overall by the WInnipeg Jets shortly after our draft, and has been named the OHL Player of the week at the end of November. He is currently second in team scoring with 38 points in 40 games, with 63 penalty minutes while leading the team in PP goals.

Ville Pokka (*CDCGML selected 2nd round 37th overall): With the 34th overall pick, 2nd rounder by the New York Islanders, I am lucky to have gotten Ville at 37th in what turned out to be a deeper than expected draft year. Ville burst onto the international scene two WJC's ago as a fill in for injured Olli Maatta on team Finnland, and he has not looked back. Going into his draft year Ville was ranked 7th among European skaters and competed hard at the draft combine, proving his strength and endurance both among the top ten of camp invitees. Ville is said to be a natural two way player who is comfortable defending and enjoys being in the opponents end of the rink. His stats most importantly highlight his offensive flaire: 6 points in six games with only 1 penalty and an amazing plus 10 rating on a dissappointed team finnland that struggled against both the Swiss and Swedish sides.

Ville Pokka is already playing his second season in finnlands top professional league where he has posted four goals and four assists in 27 games at the young age of 18 and with limited icetime, behind older men. Sources have told me Ville started playing hockey much later than most of the guys who make it into pro leagues, and this makes me wonder if we have not just started to see the real Ville Pokka development rise? Memo to CDCGML in 2016-17, Ville Pokka is spelled with two "L"'s and two "K"'s for your trophy engraving.......

Report: Trade winds are blowing in Vancouver as rumours are swirling that Vancouver has just pulled off two blockbuster trades that will re-shape the franchise going into the year. Reports are that Vancouver greatly addressed their lack of depth with these deals. Stay tuned.

Standings Predictions anyone?

Eastern Conference:

1.Isles

2. Pittsburgh

3. Buffalo

4. Florida

5. New Jersey

6. Boston

7. Washington

8. Quebec

Western Conference:

1. LA

2. Vancouver

3. St.Louis

4. Winnipeg

5. Edmonton

6. Detroit

7. Minnesota

8. Nashville

Standings Predictions anyone?

Eastern Conference:

1.Isles

2. Pittsburgh

3. Buffalo

4. Florida

5. New Jersey

6. Boston

7. Washington

8. Quebec

Western Conference:

1. LA

2. Vancouver

3. St.Louis

4. Winnipeg

5. Edmonton

6. Detroit

7. Minnesota

8. Nashville

For everyone who needs a solid 2nd/3rd Line Center ...a German source says that Jochen Hecht signed a new 1 year Contract with the Sabres ...it says also that he he has fully recovered from a concussion.

Hecht had 5 Goals and 8 Assist in 6 Games with the Mannheim Eagles of the DEL ..with Pominville he build a strong Line and may they will also Play together in Buffalo.

Archived