The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Say there is no NHL season next year,

How will we decide the 1st overall pick and the rest of the draft?

The NHL can't afford another lost season, especially so soon. Along with the fact that it would mean losing all that momentum they figure they gained by having Los Angeles win the Cup, I don't think we'll see a lost season. Maybe the first 6-8 weeks... hopefully none though.

The NHL can't afford another lost season, especially so soon. Along with the fact that it would mean losing all that momentum they figure they gained by having Los Angeles win the Cup, I don't think we'll see a lost season. Maybe the first 6-8 weeks... hopefully none though.

i hope they will come to an agreement..another lockout would really suck...no nhl ...no fantasy leagues...double sucks :(

If the NHL is locked out, we will still operate. We'll create the league in NHL13 and I'll sim it if I have to :P:lol:

I really don't see why they shouldn't come to an agreement in time. The issues this time around should be far less contentious and while I'm sure there will be some blustering back and forth and some issues that cause problems, I don't see anything worth cutting into/jeopardizing the season over.

Worst lockout ever was the NFL one. Not a single game missed in the regular season, but the fact that I had to worry every day for what I was going to do if there wasn't fantasy football for a season.

If the NHL is locked out, we will still operate. We'll create the league in NHL13 and I'll sim it if I have to :P:lol:

I really don't see why they shouldn't come to an agreement in time. The issues this time around should be far less contentious and while I'm sure there will be some blustering back and forth and some issues that cause problems, I don't see anything worth cutting into/jeopardizing the season over.

Curious question....

With reports that Jordan Staal turned down a 10 year contract extension offer (rumoured to be in the $6 million per year range), I keep hearing from various places that Carolina is his destination of choice to play with his brother Eric.

Last season, filling in as 2nd line center with Crosby out most of the year, Staal hit 25 goals and 50 points, despite not getting the prime opportunities afforded a top center with Malkin around scoring in bunches. His playoff performance was what stood out, 6 goals and 9 points in 6 games, and a +2 rating in a first round series that was completely devoid of anything resembling defensive play.

Eric Staal was the go to guy in Carolina, but only managed 24 goals, outpaced by his younger brother. He did hit 70 points on the year but 70-80 points seems to be his average nowadays.

My question is, taking all that into consideration, IF Carolina did land Jordan Staal somehow... which Staal would you put as the top center? Do you stick with Eric, or do you see what Jordan can do with Skinner and see if Eric can jumpstart the 2nd line? OR, do you load them both up on the top line with Skinner?

Here are some random thoughts:

- Jordan Staal to Toronto. It's too quiet in Toronto, this would be the ultimate draft-day splash.

- Bobby Ryan to Carolina. Big winger for Staal? Check.

- Rick Nash to San Jose. Rumblings of Pavelski/Clowe/Demers + 1st, likely for Nash +

- JVR to ???. This is the only one I can't make a "Wild" prediction on. Okay, fine, JVR to the Wild.

Curious question....

With reports that Jordan Staal turned down a 10 year contract extension offer (rumoured to be in the $6 million per year range), I keep hearing from various places that Carolina is his destination of choice to play with his brother Eric.

Last season, filling in as 2nd line center with Crosby out most of the year, Staal hit 25 goals and 50 points, despite not getting the prime opportunities afforded a top center with Malkin around scoring in bunches. His playoff performance was what stood out, 6 goals and 9 points in 6 games, and a +2 rating in a first round series that was completely devoid of anything resembling defensive play.

Eric Staal was the go to guy in Carolina, but only managed 24 goals, outpaced by his younger brother. He did hit 70 points on the year but 70-80 points seems to be his average nowadays.

My question is, taking all that into consideration, IF Carolina did land Jordan Staal somehow... which Staal would you put as the top center? Do you stick with Eric, or do you see what Jordan can do with Skinner and see if Eric can jumpstart the 2nd line? OR, do you load them both up on the top line with Skinner?

Archived