The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

And if I can make a suggestion..

For goalies it's not nessesarily the best goalie you want, it's the goalie for the best team,

Example Carey price is great in real life but you'd rather have Corey Crawford in this game

So maybe if we added like .1 for every save or something like that

And if I can make a suggestion..

For goalies it's not nessesarily the best goalie you want, it's the goalie for the best team,

Example Carey price is great in real life but you'd rather have Corey Crawford in this game

So maybe if we added like .1 for every save or something like that

Over the past years, one thing I have noticed are that `Goon points` don`t count in the end. There are lots of them at the beginning of the season, which tapers to trickles at the end of the season, which ends as a barren desert in playoffs. `Goon points` will never worry me, and I make no effort to get them. My team gets maybe one or two 10min misconducts a year.

I like the idea of hits and blocked shots, good to discuss next year when we go over our site options for points, and what kind of scoring options that site has.

I think goalie points are fine as well... You need a goalie that wins, period. Every player on your team needs to be playoff plausible to make a run at the cup. That where the strategy comes in ;) I`ve gone from no playoff players, to a roster full... That`s where the hardwork, your knowledge and your opinion come into effect.

That said, I really need Washington (IRL) to pick it up! lol...

The Blues Tonight...

Chimera 2 A +2 10 Pts

Sekera 1 A 2 Pims 7 Pts

Sulzer 2 Pims 2 Pts

Borowiecki +1 2 Pts

Benoit 2 Pims 2 Pts

Greene 2 Pims 2 Pts

( Greene is one of those player i except to add some more Points)

Daugavins 0

Ehrhoff 0

Hodgson 0

25 Points ...solid but not great

Bollig scratch

Prosser scratch

(oh ya..my loved Nate..he will have a hart stand in Minny with Brodin and Scandella back )

Over the past years, one thing I have noticed are that `Goon points` don`t count in the end. There are lots of them at the beginning of the season, which tapers to trickles at the end of the season, which ends as a barren desert in playoffs. `Goon points` will never worry me, and I make no effort to get them. My team gets maybe one or two 10min misconducts a year.

I like the idea of hits and blocked shots, good to discuss next year when we go over our site options for points, and what kind of scoring options that site has.

I think goalie points are fine as well... You need a goalie that wins, period. Every player on your team needs to be playoff plausible to make a run at the cup. That where the strategy comes in ;) I`ve gone from no playoff players, to a roster full... That`s where the hardwork, your knowledge and your opinion come into effect.

That said, I really need Washington (IRL) to pick it up! lol...

If goon points don't make a difference, then why have them? Not that I really care much either way but I'm just curious. I've never personally believed that PIMS as a general rule are a positive for any team.

I really enjoy the league I am in that has no PIMS but rewards blocks and hits to a lesser degree. It definitely requires a totally different approach to team building though. I can understand why big changes to stuff like PIMS would not be a popular move in a mature established league like this one though for sure.

@curt....updated pickup didn´t shows the complete lineupchanges..nodl is still there and borowiecki is not... will this be fixed by tomorrow?

Bergenheim , Goc, Gubranson and i guess all other Players who got injured while playing in Europe suspensions are over.

I hope there will be some status updates soon.

@curt....updated pickup didn´t shows the complete lineupchanges..nodl is still there and borowiecki is not... will this be fixed by tomorrow?

Bergenheim , Goc, Gubranson and i guess all other Players who got injured while playing in Europe suspensions are over.

I hope there will be some status updates soon.

Three reasons I like fantrax:

1. It updates player point totals and standings in real time. It is awesome to do a group chat with a bunch of GM's on the homepage talking smack while seeing who is beating who that night as it goes along. Tons of fun imo.

2. It makes it easy to research players for both real life and pool production at a glance (pickuphockey is pretty brutal for this you have to admit).

3. It makes keeping up on transactions, roster moves, etc. as an exec really fast and easy.

The only ones I have any experience with are fantrax and pickuphockey. But based on that I think fantrax is a lot better. There may be even better ones out there I have never seen.

I think goon points are an important part of the league, just as it is an important part of the game we play on the ice, or watch on the ice. While I disagree with grapes on the specific issue of Kassian on the top line, where grapes wants him to fight and stop trying to score so much, and I think his primary role should be to score and compliment the twins....but I digress...

Should Kassian have a fight or a two minute for roughing or however you want to spell out goon points..it is not because he is a horrible monster, but becuase his role at that moment called for him to be 'tough' in defense of the twins or to stop a goal or some other very important part of the game.

Blocked shots and hits are part of that too, and if we find a tracker that will add them in without deleting anything we currently have, I am all for it. And yes goon points tapper off when it counts: playoffs, so its a self correcting issue. No one will lose the cup over some goon outscoring Crosby. At least not often and not just because of that.

Archived