The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

8 Musings:

~You heard it here first, Lu to New Jersey, possibly backed up by the living legend as he plays out one more year rather than retire

~Staals unite and obviously you only do this to play them together, separate lines makes the acquisition useless, really.

~The best lockout ever was the year the NFL had replacement players...really made you appreciate the real deal Pro's when they were back in action.

~The NHL can not and will not lose another season, at least not a full one, in the same ten year period. Imagine you shut down your business 20% of the available years your in business??? Not even the greediest of owner would crapcan 20% of revenue in the hopes of picking up an extra 1% or 2% of the profits from the deal with the players..a lost season is indeed fantasy hockey. If anything September and October are thrown away, as they are the least profitable really, league wide averages

~Wouldn't it be something if after months of trying to hype this years rather mediocre draft with Nail this and Yaku that...if Edmonton both keeps number one overall AND gets the best availabe Dman instead?

~I have heard from a few places the rough number will be barely North of 70 million on the cap hit, but that doesn't account for a new CBA, if there is a rollback involved, it could be that players take a ten % hit to contracts, the cap does go up 6and half million, but then also gets clawed back with the players...to...wait for it....the same cap numbers wise, but with 10% more room for GM's to work with

~I suspect the albatross syndrome of long high pay contracts will correct itself. Players appear to be balking a the idea of double digit years worth of contract now that they have seen how most of those contracts play out. Inevitably, the multimillionaire becomes a Goat...and no one wants to be a goat, not even a rich goat

~Does Colorado do anything this offseason to dramatically shift the playing field? They almost have to, don't you think....and that could mean a draft splash of canonball fatguy proportions. I know they were mid of the division pack and all last year, but mired in mediocrity and in need of a change: either tank for first overall or go all in on changes. I say changes, and big ones.

3 hours 37 minutes to the Draft. I just mowed my lawn in the rain trying to kill time, now on to bath the dog and vacuum ...wow you know your killing time when your a dude doing voluntary housework. I don't expect any of my picks to be bonafide locks for first rounders, but I do think Ville Pokka has a decent shot at a late first round selection, and there is always a chance Kosmachuk goes before any goalies, which would move him up a bit closer to the first round, maybe early 2nd if I am lucky. Can't wait to see half the draft..as the wife has me heading out the door at 5:30 or 6 tonight, le sigh.

3 hours 37 minutes to the Draft. I just mowed my lawn in the rain trying to kill time, now on to bath the dog and vacuum ...wow you know your killing time when your a dude doing voluntary housework. I don't expect any of my picks to be bonafide locks for first rounders, but I do think Ville Pokka has a decent shot at a late first round selection, and there is always a chance Kosmachuk goes before any goalies, which would move him up a bit closer to the first round, maybe early 2nd if I am lucky. Can't wait to see half the draft..as the wife has me heading out the door at 5:30 or 6 tonight, le sigh.

still pumped about how the draft panned out for me

Matt Dumba

Radek Faksa

Brady Skjei

Colton Sissons

Tomas Hyka

Mitchell Moroz

Zach Stepan

adding these guys to the stable of young talent we already have will help jumpstart the rebuild and gives us prospect depth in every position and in every area of the game.

the avs are still looking to make moves, especially on the back end. looking to add more skilled prospects and 2013 draft picks, as well as young roster players. pm me with offers

Well, I have to run out now, but here is my ranking, from how I valued the top round players...Dunno if that will match up anywhere else but 1st so far...(edit: oh and I guess Dumba at 7th..i am batting 25% wohoo).catch you all later.

Go ahead and laugh, I don't mind.

Yakupov

Forsberg

Teravainen

R.Murray

Reinhart

Grigorenko

Dumba

Reilly

Galchenyuk

Faksa

Trouba

Lindholm

Ceci

Gaunce

Maatta

Wilson

Girgensons

Collberg

Subban

Sissons

Finn

Hertl

Pouliot

Koekkoek

Laughton

Skjei

Matteau

Pokka

Di Guiseppe

Frk

Thats the funny part, I get a kick out of reading CDC or the draft threads lol...... How the hell would any of us know if a player " slid down " in the draft or not. The big boys at tsn don't even know.

Teams are picking their prospects based on certain attributes/ criteria we in the public / cdc are not privy too and of course skillsets determine who gets drafted, and other than maybe one cdcer who is privy to scouting information again we don't have an idea where these guys are based on on what hahaha...

Anyways fun to see where the drafted players end up for sure. But I giggle at the armchair GM's hehehe

Archived