The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Thanks for the clarification guys. I think this is a pretty good league structure other than rewarding goons like Clowe...Could be just my own bias of not thinking those guys should ever be seen as positives for that behavior so the question of good PIMS vs bad PIMS comes into play in my own mind I guess. I don't care enough in terms of league scoring to dive into the stats so if you guys say it doesn't make a difference in the league at the end of the day I will certainly believe you...But honestly some combination of offense and PIMS is really the predominant team building strategy here as defense-only players often have very high contracts but limited actual value in the point scoring system. If you wanted to build a defence first team that does not rely on goons it is probably more likely that you will end up closer to the bottom of the league even with some premier defensive players on your team.

Chad Johnson gets his first start of the season in the Coyotes paint tonight. While he is not called up on my Rangers squad this will be a good 'look' for our evaluation process for this year.

The rangers current depth in net is Mike SMith, Steve Mason and lastly Chad Johnson, but the team is awaiting word one way or the other on the long term prognosis for Mike Smith. If he needs LTIR it will happen very quickly, in the meantime, its great to see Chad get a good look in the bigs.

Archived