The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Crosby doing his best to lead by example for my team. Another big night for Sid!

With 12 other players in action tonight (Glass, Cooke already played, Irving sent down and Schneider on the bench tonight) hopefully the Jets can get some big contributions and start climbing the standings!

Id like to say if I'm allowed, that I havnt accepted my fate of being last, and I am looking to improve my team, but a lot needs to happen in need for a trade to happen. I've had multiple trade talks and was very close to making a couple deals. But I have leaned to Ask for advice and it's helping me. A team doesn't go straight from last to 1st. I traded for wisniewski early on in the season and got a very good bottom 6 player for picks. So I am not tanking to get a pick. But I don't want to rush into making any drastic changes like I did when I first joined.

Of course you`re allowed.

After a 20 sec overview of your team, I note you have 3 roster players that don`t play in the NHL. 4 including Booth, who is still on your roster, though he hasn`t played a game yet.

You made the most outrageous signing ever for a non-roster player to save your job, yet you still don`t ice a full roster.

Players like Chipura, who are producing at the NHL level are on your 4th line, while you 2nd and 3rd line centers have produced nothing, or aren`t in the NHL... What does this say for the morale of your players?

Teams are signing NHL players as free agents daily... they are available NOW. Lots of them.

As many teams have done, you need to release some talent in exchange for ice-able/playable players. It`s not fun, and it won`t be exciting, but it is a move you have to make. You have players who are signed in Europe whom you can release and create open roster spots.

I believe the prees release was just pointing out that a GM wouldn`t last long in the NHL without icing a full team.

The best defence would be action IMO.

I get it thanks for explaining,I just don't want to be forced into doing a trade that wouldn't benefit my team,

and even though I'm active in trade discussions I have to be more active in the thread.

Greens hit the nail on the head.

Not trying to force you into making any move that doesn't benefit you, much like I cautioned against when you asked me about one trade in particular. But there is some roster management you can do, as greens pointed out, that wouldn't require trades but would greatly benefit your team.

Not trying to pick on you or anyone, just trying to address the parity issue. Part of that is ensuring that our struggling teams are heading in some sort of direction that will help them improve. :)

Archived