The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Players listed in the RFA section but not in italics were not qualified and are now Unrestricted Free Agents. I just haven't had a chance to move them over yet.

Also, I'd been reminding people of the requirement to qualify your RFAs for weeks leading up to July 1st, so if you let me know on July 1st or it wasn't posted in the thread by June 30th, it didn't reach the league in time and they are still Unrestricted Free Agents.

I made a mistake in making a UFA offer, I addressed it to an agent, and then CC'd a few extra people on the executive. C2X pointed out that this was not the way to make the UFA offer via PM, so just putting that out there for anyone else that thought it would help to add agents or C2X to the offer conversation, don't.

Sorry to those that were added, and the agent I originally intended it to go to, I was thinking spreading it around was a good idea, but this is not the way it is done. Just FYI for other GM's who may not have known either.

I made a mistake in making a UFA offer, I addressed it to an agent, and then CC'd a few extra people on the executive. C2X pointed out that this was not the way to make the UFA offer via PM, so just putting that out there for anyone else that thought it would help to add agents or C2X to the offer conversation, don't.

Sorry to those that were added, and the agent I originally intended it to go to, I was thinking spreading it around was a good idea, but this is not the way it is done. Just FYI for other GM's who may not have known either.

Right. Discussing a contract with more than one agent is not allowed at any time. The only reason PO gets a mulligan on this one (even though it`s in the rules.. tsk tsk... :P ) is because none of the agents had read it yet and he had time to correct his mistake before it had any impact. But should it happen again, he won`t be so lucky. :P

re: Anaheim

I`ve spoken with him recently and as it often does, life got in the way for a while. While we were looking at his situation heavily in the last few days, he`s returned and informed me that all should be well now. As a longstanding and loyal member of the game, we`re willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and keep him on. He`s got an uphill battle with the number of UFAs his team now has, but over the years Brunners has proven he`s a strong GM.

Right. Discussing a contract with more than one agent is not allowed at any time. The only reason PO gets a mulligan on this one (even though it`s in the rules.. tsk tsk... :P ) is because none of the agents had read it yet and he had time to correct his mistake before it had any impact. But should it happen again, he won`t be so lucky. :P

Yeah, I knew that I was not allowed to try to negotiate with more than one agent behind each others backs, I think its clear it was an honest mistake since the extras were simply CC'd on the mail, and it was open and transparent, but I know now, and will never make the mistake again...lol. If I lose the ability to negotiate with the guy, I understand.

hmm... you`re right. I worded that poorly. I`ll make an adjustment..

Jets real life free agents

Teemu Selanne (UFA)

Mason Raymond (RFA - arbitration)

Shea Weber (RFA)

Leland Irving (RFA)

Cory Schneider - SIGNED Vancouver - 3 years, $12 million ($4 million per season)

Tanner Glass - SIGNED Pittsburgh - 2 years, $2.2 million ($1.1 million per season)

Andrew Ebbett - SIGNED Vancouver - 1 year, $600,000

Aaron Volpatti - SIGNED Vancouver - 1 year, $600,000

Filip Kuba - SIGNED Florida - 2 years, $8 million ($4 million per season)

Aaron Rome - SIGNED Dallas - 3 years, $4.5 million ($1.5 million per season)

Not too shabby so far... cmon Teemu! One more year!

Kostitsyn

Hudler Check!!!! Signed in Calgary, 4 years @ 4 million per

Moss Check!!!!! Signed in Phoenix. 2 years @ 2.1million per

Dvorak

Souray Check!!! Signed in Anaheim 3 years, 3.667m per year

Spacek

Kubina

White

Huskins

Staubitz Check!!!! Signed in Anaheim. 2 years 637,500 per year hit.

Stortini

Brunnstrom

M.Moore Check!!! Signed in Nashville 1 year 550k

CDCGML INSIDER!!

- Reports indicate that free agent sniper Alexander Semin has been generating a ton of interest around the league. The former 40 goal scorer has several substantial offers on the table, and is currently in the process of weighing his options. Sources indicate that he has a list of 7 teams that he's seriously considering, and over the course of the week he is looking to narrow down his choices. He insists that the reports of big money KHL offers won't be an issue, and it seems that so far, it isn't deterring any of the CDCGML teams making big money offers.

- All day, sources have been telling me of a top end defenceman entertaining a huge contract offer that could go down later today.

Archived