10335 replies to this topic

#1171 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

I just can't see Nashville trading him after one season, since they'll be cutting him a few cheques worth $27m within that calender year...

What a giant gamble Weber and his agents took. And it looks like it didn't pay off in terms of playing where he wants to play. And while it paid off monetarily, he'd have hit the jackpot as a UFA next year anyways.

Hopefully for Nashville's sake, he doesn't pout. Oh well, if he does, 14 years isn't such a long time...

Agreed completely.

Though i think he wanted some commitment and he got some here.

Edited by OurTimeToShine, 24 July 2012 - 02:03 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#1172 _arby_18

_arby_18

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

Signing: The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed UFA D Matt Konan to a three-year contract.

Matt Konan - Three year deal worth $1.875 million dollars ($625k per season).

Check out my blog on www.arcticicehockey.com, the Home of the Winnipeg Jets on SBNation!

CDCGML Montreal Canadiens
flag-nhl-montreal-canadiens_1_1.gif
(Click Above to See Habs Roster in Google Docs)

#1173 greensman

greensman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

Signing:

The Montreal Canadians have signed Ryan O`Byrne to a three year $5.1 million dollar contract ($1.7m per season).
imagejpg1-5.jpg

#1174 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

I just can't see Nashville trading him after one season, since they'll be cutting him a few cheques worth $27m within that calender year...

What a giant gamble Weber and his agents took. And it looks like it didn't pay off in terms of playing where he wants to play. And while it paid off monetarily, he'd have hit the jackpot as a UFA next year anyways.

Hopefully for Nashville's sake, he doesn't pout. Oh well, if he does, 14 years isn't such a long time...

I'm thinking more that perhaps, they may get a ton more as far as assets go if they wait a year to trade him to a potential larger pool of teams who would be willing to take on the contract. The $27m is of course the chief reason why they probably won't at this stage, or even a year after, but, there's still a possibility, even if remote, that some team is willing to give the shirts off their back for him next year, which could set the Preds up nicely with a veritable basket of franchise type goodies. Maybe a contender goes for the 1st overall pick to send it Nashville's way and then some? Just thinking out loud of course. Anyways, it's essentially over with now, for at least a year, and we can all move on, thankfully.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#1175 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Signing: The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed UFA D Matt Konan to a three-year contract.

Matt Konan - Three year deal worth $1.875 million dollars ($625k per season).

The Pittsburgh Penguins are very happy to welcome Matt to the organization. We hope to see him playing for a spot on the main roster after some development time in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.

Assignment: Matt Konan to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton

Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Defence:

Barberio - Almqvist
Konan - Kichton

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#1176 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,856 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Is that the Scranton Paper Cuts? rofl..dunder mifflin.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#1177 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

Is that the Scranton Paper Cuts? rofl..dunder mifflin.

Or the Wilkes-Barre Dunderheads.

I haven't made up my mind yet.

#1178 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,288 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

I'm thinking more that perhaps, they may get a ton more as far as assets go if they wait a year to trade him to a potential larger pool of teams who would be willing to take on the contract. The $27m is of course the chief reason why they probably won't at this stage, or even a year after, but, there's still a possibility, even if remote, that some team is willing to give the shirts off their back for him next year, which could set the Preds up nicely with a veritable basket of franchise type goodies. Maybe a contender goes for the 1st overall pick to send it Nashville's way and then some? Just thinking out loud of course. Anyways, it's essentially over with now, for at least a year, and we can all move on, thankfully.

I think that if I was Poile and I wanted to maximize my return vs. expenditures on Shea Weber I would not consider trading him until exactly between the end of the 2013-14 season and July 1st, 2014.

On July 1st, 2013 the Preds will have paid Weber $26 million for one year of service and will be hard pressed to recover that cost via trade as there is no provision to put straight cash into your pocket.

Until June 30, 2014 the Preds will have paid Weber $28 million for two years of playing and will have the ability to recover virtually the same trade asset value.

IMHO, it would be stupid to trade him beforehand.
Savvy?

Edited by theminister, 24 July 2012 - 07:48 PM.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#1179 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

I think that if I was Poile and I wanted to maximize my return vs. expenditures on Shea Weber I would not consider trading him until exactly between the end of the 2013-14 season and July 1st, 2014.

On July 1st, 2013 the Preds will have paid Weber $26 million for one year of service and will be hard pressed to recover that cost via trade as there is no provision to put straight cash into your pocket.

Until June 30, 2014 the Preds will have paid Weber $27 million for two years and will have the ability to recover virtually the same trade asset value.

Savvy?

Aye

#1180 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

SIGNING: The Anaheim Ducks have signed forward Dustin Penner to a 3 year deal.

Dustin Penner: 3 years, $ 13.5 million dollar contract ( $ 4,500,000.00 ).
Posted Image

#1181 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,772 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

Welcome back Dustin !

Still waiting on other UFAs before I updated my depth chart.

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#1182 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,288 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

Aye

Additionally, two years is probably just the right amount of time to have their young D use his mentorship before they are ready for staring roles. By then Blum, Ellis, Josi, Ekholm and maybe Roussel and/or Laakso will be a viable rotation.

At that time you move Weber for a 1st line center probably.

Edited by theminister, 24 July 2012 - 08:26 PM.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#1183 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

Additionally, two years is probably just the right amount of time to have their young D use his mentorship before they are ready for staring roles. By then Blum, Ellis, Josi, Ekholm and maybe Roussel and/or Laakso will be a viable rotation.

Two years makes sense. I agree, they have some nice pieces in their system that with a couple more years of seasoning could become a decent defence corps...not to mention the pieces from the possible return from a trade after a couple of years. NSH could do some serious cupboard filling still.

#1184 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,856 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

good insight. I was listening to I guess it was Dan Russell last night on a long drive, and he was suggesting that the sting will go away for weber once the check clears in about 6 days time. 13million in the bank soothes a lot of injured pride, and dignity. He went on to say that after the second one clears in a year, Weber will be back in love with the team that paid him 26 million inside of 365 days. One may never know. I still think he would likely try to demand a trade soonest, however, I am of the mind that since he is under contract and paid handsomely, he better get on the mic and smile and talk about how this was his plan all along, and now that the contract is done, it is time to bring a cup to Nashville. Anything less is a tricky situation.

Edited by Primal Optimist, 25 July 2012 - 06:23 AM.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#1185 y0shi

y0shi

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Why is Weber suddenly being painted a douche for signing such a big offersheet and expect him to demand a trade? I don't expect him to say anything good about Nashville, demand a trade, or anything. Now that the contract situation is done with, I expect him to talk nothing but hockey.

CDCGML Posted Image - Tampa Bay Lightning

#1186 _arby_18

_arby_18

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

Signing:

The Montreal Canadians have signed Ryan O`Byrne to a three year $5.1 million dollar contract ($1.7m per season).

The Habs are extremely pleased to have inked Ryan to a three year deal, as we feel that he is exactly what this lineup needed. He's in his prime at the age of 27, he's big, he's strong and he plays a lot of tough minutes. We look forward to him lining up beside Matt Greene on our 3rd unit this season as our shutdown pairing.

Rumors also suggest that the Habs may have a few more moves in the works, as it appears that a UFA offer is still pending as well as a trade call waiting to be made at head office. Stay tuned for more...

Updated Montreal Blueline

B. Burns - E. Johnson

M. Streit - ????????

R. O'Byrne - M. Greene

J. Kindl - K. Ellerby

Edited by _arby_18, 25 July 2012 - 01:25 PM.

Check out my blog on www.arcticicehockey.com, the Home of the Winnipeg Jets on SBNation!

CDCGML Montreal Canadiens
flag-nhl-montreal-canadiens_1_1.gif
(Click Above to See Habs Roster in Google Docs)

#1187 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,436 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

Hey all,

Sorry about my absence the last week or so. Hoping to get caught up tonight/tomorrow.

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#1188 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Hey all,

Sorry about my absence the last week or so. Hoping to get caught up tonight/tomorrow.

No worries man....hope all's well.

I'll let the people at the milk factory know you've been located though. ;)

#1189 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,856 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

The New York Rangers are sad to report Fabian Brunnstrom has departed North America and signed a three year deal with Frolunda in the Swedish Elite League. The underutilized Red Wings prospect waited quietly until the age of 27 for his shot in the big leagues, and apparently has decided to head home and take his rightful spot at the top of the home town league SEL.

We request that his contract be terminated with the CDCGML Rangers.

This is the latest regrettable instance in a string that has seen Mike Murphy head to the KHL, and Rhett Rakhshani head to SV-71 of the same Swedish Elite League so far this summer. These two players have already been requested to have removed from the Rangers Team SHeet.

GM Primal has no further comment on the situation.

EDIT: no need to apologize for a summer break Curt, lol.

Brunnstrom's NHL totals: 104 games played, 19goals 22 assists 41 points
Rakhshani's NHL totals: 7 games played, no goals no assists no points.
Mike Murphy's NHL totals: 2games played in totalling 36 minutes, no goals against, saved 9 shots.

Edited by Primal Optimist, 25 July 2012 - 06:23 PM.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#1190 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

So glad Dogbyte refused to trade Brunnstrom to me.

:bigblush:

#1191 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,856 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

IMO he was and is a good hockey player, only 104 nhl games and 41 points says a lot, when one considers a rookie campaign is usually not so productive. This is the equivalent of a rookie year and 22 more games, not bad production. I think it is indicative of the upheaval a CBA negotiation brings to the table.

Edited by Primal Optimist, 25 July 2012 - 06:48 PM.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#1192 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

IMO he was and is a good hockey player, only 104 nhl games and 41 points says a lot, when one considers a rookie campaign is usually not so productive. This is the equivalent of a rookie year and 22 more games, not bad production. I think it is indicative of the upheaval a CBA negotiation brings to the table.

Yeah, tough break on losing him.

#1193 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,856 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

On the upside, I am freeing up some cap space on the Whale. Needed to get that done anyways, and didn't want to put any more money into it at the front office. Just a silver lining though, rather have the talent in line to play at the NHL level.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#1194 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,856 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

Posted Image
The New York Rangers Spotlight on....

Jiri Hudler!!!!!

This Czech Repuplic hockey star was born in January 1984 and after a point per game campaign in the Czech Extraliga, was drafted 58th overall by the Detroit Red Wings of the NHL, with their first pick of the 2002 NHL entry Draft. Jiri spent the last half of his teenage years playing five seasons with the Superliga and even a short appearance in the RSL, a predecesor of todays KHL in Russia, with the Kazan AK Bars.

Jiri Hudler made his North American Pro debut with the Red Wings in 03-04, playing just 12 games a goal and two assists, before spending three more years seasoning in the Grand Rapids Griffins AHL pool. During Detroits 2006-07 campaign Jiri enjoyed a breakthrough season, scoring 25 points in 76 games of extremely limited ice time. For his efforts he was awarded Team Rookie of the YEar, and notably, no one in the NHL scored more points in less icetime than the Czech phenom in his first full year in the NHL. The following year he would add 'clutch' to his list of talent descriptions. Jiri scored 5 goals and 9 assists in 22 games as the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup in 2008. In 2009 Jiri's wings again made it to the cup final, this time losing to the Penguins while Mr. Hudler added 4 more goals and 8 assists to his playoff stats.

After a sordid contract snafu at his RFA summer, Jiri departed for Moscow, playing with the Dynamo for 5million a year, while a contested contract in Detroit was fought hard by both sides. After one season in Russia, Jiri Hudler returned to the Wings, playing for less than 3m, the same contract dollars his agent accepted on his behalf leading to the legal battle a year earlier.

This past season, the highly touted 28 year old scored an even 25 goals and 25 assists playing in 81 games for Detroit, a personal best in goal scoring in the NHL. He was quickly signed to a 4 year deal in Calgary where he is anticipated to play not only more minutes, but more special teams minutes in their top six, GM Jay Feaster hinted that Jiri Hudler may in fact get top line time with the resident star Jerome Iginla in both 5 on 5 situations and the Power Play.

This news is very exciting to the New York Rangers of the CDCGML, and we wish Jiri all the best this coming season, he has paid his dues in several pro leagues in his young life, and spent a lot of time deep in the Red Wings system, where he did not meet his full ice time potential, and this has GM Primal Optimist, if it is at all possible, even MORE optimistic about the man's future, not only is he in his perfect prime, but he seems primed for a perfect opportunity in his new role.

Jiri Hudler, Rangers Top Line Right Winger, jersey's on sale at the team store now, 10% discount with coupon code 'Czech Mate'.

Edited by Primal Optimist, 26 July 2012 - 11:05 AM.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#1195 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,784 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

some players have signed in europe..german sources..translated with google

Alexandre Picard with LEV Prag of the KHL

http://www.eishockey...g-lev-prag.html

An experienced NHL rookie defender Lev Prague with a 27-year-old Canadian Alexandre Picard put under contract. The 253-fold NHL player moves from the organization of the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Czech capital. Picard played for the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins in the AHL (55 games including playoffs with eight goals and 19 assists) and for the Pittsburgh Penguins in the NHL (17 games, four assists). Since 2005, Picard acted consistently in the AHL and NHL. In Lev Picard receives a one-year contract with option for another season.

Marcel Müller with MODO of the SEL

http://www.eishockey...es-zu-modo.html

The German international Marcel Müller changed now but after the expiry of his contract from the Toronto Marlies on MODO Ornskoldsvik in the Swedish Elitserien. The 24 - year-old and 1.94 meters wide wingers get there a one-year contract. "Marcel is a true power forward, which, despite its size, a good skater technology," says General Manager Markus Näslund MODOS. Mueller played in Toronto since 2010, came here in 139 AHL games (85 points scorer) for the Marlies used and recorded three games for the Maple Leafs in the NHL.

sad that marcel didnt got a chance with the leafs last season..he was on a good way

179zig.jpg

Credits to Discord for the Signature

iqbl75.jpgCDCGML St.Louis Blues Rosteriqbl75.jpg

"You dream to score your first goal in the NHL. You dream to be here, first of all. To score a hat-trick, that's just an added bonus.Josh Jooris"

#1196 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

Jiri Hudler, Rangers Top Line Right Winger, jersey's on sale at the team store now, 10% discount with coupon code 'Czech Mate'.

As is Rangers wallpaper.....evidently.

;)

#1197 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,856 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

As is Rangers wallpaper.....evidently.

;)

lol fixed

Edited by Primal Optimist, 26 July 2012 - 11:05 AM.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#1198 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Gotta put bums in seats my friend. Red White and You, come on down to Madison Square Garden! Free Nicotine Inhaler with every adult ticket sold to a smoker! Never nic out at a game again!

As General Manager of the Pittsburgh Penguins, I'm happy to accept your invite. I'll be bringing around 23 young men with me. You may not be happy to have us over at the end of the night when all is said and done, but as gracious guests, we'll be certain to mop up after we mop up at the Garden. :)

Go Pens Go.

:towel:

#1199 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,856 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Sure, waddle on over anytime.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#1200 ThatMike

ThatMike

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Very pleased to hear of the NHL Hurricanes signing of Alex Semin.

The San Jose Sharks had every faith that this was only a matter of time, but it is certainly a relief to know he is going to be playing top line minutes in the NHL.

Edited by ThatMike, 26 July 2012 - 02:47 PM.

ThatMike - CDCGML GM San Jose Sharks

Click for the SJ Sharks Roster
@thatmikeparis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.