Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,274 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

slow offseason

Slow down of signings.

Uncertainty of the CBA - as it will affect his league... I know personally I have left $7.0+ in cap space just in case.

Everybody likes their team so far... no need for big changes, until when the puck drops... whenever that is.
Posted Image

#1502 _arby_18

_arby_18

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Slow down of signings.

Uncertainty of the CBA - as it will affect his league... I know personally I have left $7.0+ in cap space just in case.

Everybody likes their team so far... no need for big changes, until when the puck drops... whenever that is.

Agreed. It seems that every off-season is the same around here when we hit August, as the "dog days of summer" are truly upon us, but I think it's even more pronounced this year due to the uncertainty of the CBA.

On a side note - Does anyone actually think that the season will start on time? Not me... :sadno:

Check out my blog on www.arcticicehockey.com, the Home of the Winnipeg Jets on SBNation!

CDCGML Montreal Canadiens
Posted Image
(Click Above to See About Me Page with Roster)

#1503 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

Slow down of signings.

No so much changes, for me, as much as i'm still waiting to put together a full roster, which is why the slow down in signings has been a bit frustrating to be honest.

I hope things start to move soon though. The trade front seems to have dried up more than the Sahara.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#1504 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,401 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Slow down of signings.

Oh yeah I wasn't talking about CDCGML specifically. Just in terms of hockey in general. slooooowwww
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1505 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,274 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

No so much changes, for me, as much as i'm still waiting to put together a full roster, which is why the slow down in signings has been a bit frustrating to be honest.

I hope things start to move soon though. The trade front seems to have dried up more than the Sahara.

We are still working on the UFA deals in the background.... waiting on a certain veterinarian to come back. ;)
Posted Image

#1506 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,430 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

We are still working on the UFA deals in the background.... waiting on a certain veterinarian to come back. ;)

that is rather threatening..you know the mob use vets so they can't be traced by medical billing....yeah its true....

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#1507 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

Ah, ok....lol.

I think arby mentioned something like that as well.

No offence intended to you Agents......of Secret Stuff.

:bigblush:

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#1508 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,909 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

oh well...still waiting for news from 4 players .

#1509 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,909 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Agreed. It seems that every off-season is the same around here when we hit August, as the "dog days of summer" are truly upon us, but I think it's even more pronounced this year due to the uncertainty of the CBA.

On a side note - Does anyone actually think that the season will start on time? Not me... :sadno:

it doesn´t looks so good... :unsure:

#1510 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

does anyone here follow the little league world series?
today canada beat mexico and Thomas Neal of canada made the best diving catch i have seen in a while.

Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#1511 y0shi

y0shi

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

does anyone here follow the little league world series?
today canada beat mexico and Thomas Neal of canada made the best diving catch i have seen in a while.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_HG8CtUTUg

Agreed. That wasn't the only great play in the game though, there were a few others as well!

CDCGML Posted Image - Tampa Bay Lightning

#1512 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • 16,022 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

These NHL CBA talks... or lack thereof... are very frustrating...

On the plus side, NHL13 comes out on Sept. 11th. I'll be picking up a copy and creating our league, just in case...

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#1513 Mattias Ohlund.2

Mattias Ohlund.2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

On the plus side, NHL13 comes out on Sept. 11th. I'll be picking up a copy and creating our league, just in case...

Sweet.. when i have some spare time I might see what the overall ratings of my players are! Some of the overalls are terrible though. Phaneuf an 88! (Higher then Letang, Boyle, Suter, Karlsson..) :lol:

Edited by Mattias Ohlund.2, 18 August 2012 - 05:16 PM.

Proud GM of Edmonton-CDCGML

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables!

#1514 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,881 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

The Panthers are in the market for a stable backup goaltender.

hsrnnl.jpg

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#1515 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,430 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

Rumour: Rick DiPietro may lose his backup job to young Steve Mason in the CDC Rangers training camp this fall, or whenever hockey returns. While the Rangers are not paying anyone to take on Rick's contract, and they are not simply looking to dump DiPietro, the former 1st overall draft pick, they are certainly giving Steve Mason the nod this offseason, and will likely part ways with DiPietro for a token gesture of return assets. This rumour could not be confirmed, but there is steady buzz that the Rangers GM angrily turned down an offer that would see DiPietro's contract moved out of Madison Square Garden, but also cost the Rangers draft picks.

The latest from The Hockey News on Rick is that he will be a healthy backup this coming year, and may challenge to re-establish himself as a number one goaltender.

2012/08/01: Rick DiPietro has been taken off of the injured reserve list. DiPietro was limited to just eight games last season and has appeared in only 47 contests over the last four campaigns. If he can manage to stay healthy, he'll probably serve as Evgeni Nabokov's understudy next season. (Source: Islanders.nhl.com)

2012/07/27: <a href="http://forecaster.th...layer.cgi?2134" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; font-weight: bold; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); text-decoration: none; font-size: 9pt; ">Rick DiPietro is healthy enough this summer to serve as the host for a goaltending camp for young players. "It feels good to get on the ice with the kids and show them some things," DiPietro said. "It's not rehab, it's fun. That's a big deal." DiPietro has missed huge chunks of playing time over the last four seasons and hasn't been particularly good during his brief stints between the pipes. DiPietro might still bounce back and reestablish himself as a solid starter, but we can't recommend drafting him in standard leagues. Your best bet is to simply monitor him over training camp and the early portion of the 2012-13 season. (Source: New York Newsday)

Primal Optimist only said that Mason was acquired to fill a hole in the roster, and from that we can infer that indeed Rick DiPietro will be on the move, and its tough to see him attracting huge offers, the rest is pure speculation.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#1516 boxing hobo

boxing hobo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

Any agents around?

Also, looking to make trades and add prospects and picks in all positions/rounds. PM me!!

Posted Image

#1517 greensman

greensman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

The media`s coverage of the contract negotiations between the players and the NHL is laughable. Like everything else, it is just fear mongering. Every article makes a strike sound more and more likely. This false tension on the situation is practically slander, and is (to a small degree) as damaging to the league as the potential strike itself.

Nobody wants a strike, even the players and the league. Bettman`s comment about sept 15th wasn`t a threat... it was an obvious statement. If nothing is decided when preseason should start, then obviously they can`t play, duh!

The negotiations are only halfway through, and each side has only presented a first attempt. There not supposed to agree yet, lol. I don`t know what people expect, but all the forum banter and media flurry over this is hilarious.

Anyone else getting a good chuckle over this? What can the media report on, when there`s nothing to report on... I know, lets create a strike! Railroading Lou out of town just ain`t any fun anymore :P

Edited by greensman, 20 August 2012 - 04:46 PM.

imagejpg1-4.jpg

#1518 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,022 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

The media`s coverage of the contract negotiations between the players and the NHL is laughable. Like everything else, it is just fear mongering. Every article makes a strike sound more and more likely. This false tension on the situation is practically slander, and is (to a small degree) as damaging to the league as the potential strike itself.

Nobody wants a strike, even the players and the league. Bettman`s comment about sept 15th wasn`t a threat... it was an obvious statement. If nothing is decided when preseason should start, then obviously they can`t play, duh!

The negotiations are only halfway through, and each side has only presented a first attempt. There not supposed to agree yet, lol. I don`t know what people expect, but all the forum banter and media flurry over this is hilarious.

Anyone else getting a good chuckle over this? What can the media report on, when there`s nothing to report on... I know, lets create a strike! Railroading Lou out of town just ain`t any fun anymore :P

Not agreeing so far is one thing. Making absolutely zero progress on any front whatsoever regarding the CBA and an impending lockout with less than 4 weeks to go is quite another.

I agree the fear-mongering is rampant right about now. But there is definitely cause for concern at this point. I'd like to see some progress being made before I start feeling any better about hockey starting anytime soon.

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#1519 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,022 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Oh, just in case anyone wasn't aware... any NTC or NMC waive requests have to go to me.

#1520 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,022 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

CDCGML Canucks Clip of the Day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3EHRVUvYD4

#1521 greensman

greensman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

Signing :

The St Louis Blues have signed a three year ELC with Dalton Prout worth 2.1 million dollars (700k per year).

imagejpg1-4.jpg

#1522 _arby_18

_arby_18

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

Signing: The Colorado Avalanche have signed UFA G Evgeni Nabokov to a one-year deal.

Evgeni Nabokov - One year contract worth $3.75 million dollars.

** Deal includes a Full No-Trade Clause **

Check out my blog on www.arcticicehockey.com, the Home of the Winnipeg Jets on SBNation!

CDCGML Montreal Canadiens
Posted Image
(Click Above to See About Me Page with Roster)

#1523 Wilb

Wilb

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

Would that mean players who are expected to miss the start of the year due to injury ahemgaborikahem would be gathering virtual points?? :P

Posted ImageCDCGMLPosted Image

#1524 ThatMike

ThatMike

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

Would that mean players who are expected to miss the start of the year due to injury ahemgaborikahem would be gathering virtual points?? :P

On the same note does a player that gets "virtually" injured in NHL13 work against us?

ThatMike - CDCGML GM San Jose Sharks

Click for the SJ Sharks Roster
@thatmikeparis

#1525 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,022 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

It would really be a stopgap just for fun until the season got going again. Once the NHL started again, we'd all start from zero.

#1526 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

Posted Image

bump

Commissioner of 2014-2015 Shapheat Fantasy Hockey League

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2014-15 GDT Registrations

#1527 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,909 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

Signing :

The St Louis Blues have signed a three year ELC with Dalton Prout worth 2.1 million dollars (700k per year).

wow...this were hard negotations ..hahaha

finally we are happy that dalton signed with us.
the blues will introduce him around the week.

Projected Blues Lineup

Horton - Weiss - Iginla

Hodgson - Legwand - Erat

Sullivan - Goc - Chimera

Hartikainen - Loktionov - Vincour

Olesz

Bouwmeester - Ehrhoff

Greene - Sekera

Poti - Prosser

Sulzer - Stoner

Theodore

Clemmensen

Greenville Road Warriors

Halmo - McMillan - Daugavins

Bollig - Lasson - Bass

Porter - Sgarbossa - Archibald

Wahl

Borowiecki - Prout

Kessel - Laleggia

Scrivens

York

Svedberg

#1528 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,022 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

WAIVERS: The Winnipeg Jets have placed Andrew Kozek on waivers.

#1529 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,430 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

I wonder if sub 6 foot guys are going to slowly fade right out of the NHL's development programs....maybe its just my perception, but since the last lockout, how many 5'10" or 11" guys have made the NHL, let alone 5'9 or less?

Nathan Gerbe notwithstanding..haha 5 foot 5 inches? wow

Edited by Primal Optimist, 21 August 2012 - 11:12 AM.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#1530 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

I wonder if sub 6 foot guys are going to slowly fade right out of the NHL's development programs....maybe its just my perception, but since the last lockout, how many 5'10" or 11" guys have made the NHL, let alone 5'9 or less?

Nathan Gerbe notwithstanding..haha 5 foot 5 inches? wow

What are you talking about?

2005 Draft:

Sidney Crosby - 5'11
Gilbert Brule - 5'11
TJ Oshie - 5'11
Andrew Cogliano - 5'10
Steve Downie - 5'10
Kris Russell - 5'10
TJ Hensick - 5'10
Vladimir Sobotka - 5'10
Tom Pyatt - 5'11
Darren Helm - 5'11
Nathan Gerbe - 5'5
Tim Kennedy - 5'10
Joe Vitale - 5'10
Anton Stralman - 5'11
Kyle Cumiskey - 5'10
Patrick Hornqvist - 5'11

2006 Draft:

Bryan Little - 5'10
Jonathan Bernier - 5'11
Cal Clutterbuck - 5'10
Claude Giroux - 5'10
Matthew Corrente - 5'11
Jamie McGinn - 5'11
Cory Emmerton - 5'11
Brad Marchand - 5'9
Mathieu Perreault - 5'10
Benn Ferriero - 5'11

2007 Draft:

Patrick Kane - 5'10
Sam Gagner - 5'11
Zach Hamill - 5'11
Kevin Shattenkirk - 5'11
Michal Repik - 5'10
Aaron Palushaj - 5'11
Dana Tyrell - 5'10
Yannik Weber - 5'11
Linus Omark - 5'10
Matt Halischuk - 5'10
Carl Hagelin - 5'10

2008:

Steven Stamkos - 5'11
Drew Doughty - 5'11
Nikita Filatov - 5'10
Mikael Boedker - 5'11
Zac Boychuk - 5'9
Erik Karlsson - 5'11
Jordan Eberle - 5'10
Mattias Tedenby - 5'9
Tyler Ennis - 5'9
Josh Bailey - 5'11
Cody Hodgson - 5'11
Michael del Zotto - 5'11
Vyacheslav Voynov - 5'10
Brandon McMillan - 5'10
Matt Calvert 5'9
Jared Spurgeon - 5'8

2009:

Matt Duchene - 5'11
Ryan Ellis - 5'11
Nick Leddy - 5'11
Louis Leblanc - 5'10
Jordan Schroeder - 5'8
Marcus Johansson - 5'11
Kyle Palmieri - 5'11
Jacob Josefson - 5'11
Gabroel Bourque - 5'9
Markus Kruger - 5'11

Also:

Jeff Skinner - 5'11
Mikael Granlund - 5'11
Jaden Schwartz - 5'10
Ryan Murphy - 5'11
Sven Baertschi - 5'11
Nail Yakupov - 5'11

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.