The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

hmm.... maybe we're better at this than we thought.... :lol:

/topic/310043-cdcgml-2011-12-season/page__st__11580#entry10525520">On May 2nd in our game:

SIGNING: The Calgary Flames have re-signed F Kris Versteeg to a 4 year, $17.6 million contract ($4.4 mil per season).

On July 23rd in real life:

PANTHERS, VERSTEEG AGREE TO FOUR-YEAR $17.6 MILLION DEAL

132453500-218x150.jpg

Kris Versteeg and the Florida Panthers have come to terms on a long-term deal, avoiding arbitration.

The 26-year-old winger signed a four-year deal worth $17.6 million with the Panthers, keeping him in Florida through the 2015-16 season.

Versteeg had a breakout year with the Panthers last season, notching career highs in goals with 23, and points with 54. The former-fifth round pick helped the Panthers capture the Southeast Division and clinch a playoff spot for the first time in 11 seasons, breaking the longest playoff drought in the league.

In five NHL seasons, Versteeg has 88 goals and 201 points. He also won a Stanley Cup with the Chicago Blackhawks in 2010.

So, I, like many Canucks fans and hockey fans everywhere, are awaiting the eventual Roberto Luongo trade. But I thought it would be interesting (and fill some of the summer void) to see what our GMs would think is a fair trade for Luongo.

Consider me Mike Gillis. Make your offer (as the GM of a current, real life NHL team) and make your best (and most realistic) offer. After a week or so, I'll choose the one I think is best, and we can have a poll to see which trade our members would have taken if they were in my shoes.

So, I, like many Canucks fans and hockey fans everywhere, are awaiting the eventual Roberto Luongo trade. But I thought it would be interesting (and fill some of the summer void) to see what our GMs would think is a fair trade for Luongo.

Consider me Mike Gillis. Make your offer (as the GM of a current, real life NHL team) and make your best (and most realistic) offer. After a week or so, I'll choose the one I think is best, and we can have a poll to see which trade our members would have taken if they were in my shoes.

Offer from Florida Panthers:

To Vancouver:

Scottie Upshall

Qunton Howden

Jose Theodore

To Florida:

Roberto Luongo

Bill Sweatt

Howden is a high end prospect that will likely start out in the AHL but will be able to step into a top-9 role within a year, IMO. Upshall is sent back to even out the salaries and hopefully provide a solid depth option for the Nucks through a long season. Theo to step in a be a 1B/mentor for Schneider.

Archived