The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Alright guys, shortened season or not, what do you think our standings will look like?

My bets:

WEST

1. LAK

2. WPG/EDM

3.DAL (I think wilbs team will suprise)

4.WPG/EDM

5.VAN

6.STL

7.DET

8.NSH

EAST

1.BUF

2.FLA

3.NYI

4.NJD

5.PIT

6.WSH

7.BOS

8.TBL

Man, the east is so good. Anyone of 12 teams could finish in the playoffs, and at least 6 are contenders.

I think the lockout situation will have a big impact on the standings. For my club in particular, losing Kesler for the start of the year, and now Zack Bogosian for 4-6 months, and still lacking a top 4 defenceman.... whether or not there is a lockout and for how long will have a huge impact on how my team does in the standings. While I'm still confident I'll make the playoffs, whether or not I can defend my division title is tougher question. I'd optimistically predict I'd finish around 4th or 5th in the West.

Geez, no love for the Habs. Looks like we will have extra incentive this coming season...

I think you've made some strong moves, you've been right on the edge of the line for a few years now. If you ask me, I'd be surprised if you were on the wrong side of the line again this season.

As far as I know, with trades, signings and team depth charts, I'm 100% up to date. Check things over and let me know if you see any issues.

Also, after missing out on a recently signed defenceman and losing Zach Bogosian to wrist surgery, the Jets are looking to make a move to bring in some help along the blue line. All reasonable offers will be considered.

Alright guys, shortened season or not, what do you think our standings will look like?

My bets:

WEST

1. LAK

2. WPG/EDM

3.DAL (I think wilbs team will suprise)

4.WPG/EDM

5.VAN

6.STL

7.DET

8.NSH

EAST

1.BUF

2.FLA

3.NYI

4.NJD

5.PIT

6.WSH

7.BOS

8.TBL

Man, the east is so good. Anyone of 12 teams could finish in the playoffs, and at least 6 are contenders.

Oh, to those that have been wondering about the discussions we had in thread about potential changes and adjustments moving forward, I do plan to address everything that was brought up. I've made notes and currently am experimenting with a few things to see what might work and what may not work. I hope to post on these matters over the course of the next few weeks, as training camp is upon us.

Archived