The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Parenteau to Test Free Agency

It's good for both parties. Pareanteau is a type of player who is good on a bad team, and awful on a good team based on his abilities. Might as well go cash the biggest pay check of his life while he can.

Do not want. Would bust in Vancouver pretty bad.

Good play making ability is his only asset. Isn't physical, not good defensively, average skater, Might as well call Brendan Morrison back.

speaking with @BDGallof, he believes the money he wants is around 3.5-4M, with a 4 year contract.

I guess thats what the Islanders couldn't agree on, the term.

I do remember hearing New York Islanders having interest in Keith Ballard (couple days ago, too lazy to find the source)

Maybe we can do a package for his rights + another player for Ballard

No this isn't a typical Ballard trade suggestion but I mean, its a win win situation for both sides.

Im not convinced he's a top 6 player, a really good 3rd line winger maybe, but if were signing him to be a top 6 player, id pass..

Some Team will overpay to get him and cash in big like Leino, hopefully MG targets bigger fishes (Nash/Ryan) :P

It's good for both parties. Pareanteau is a type of player who is good on a bad team, and awful on a good team based on his abilities. Might as well go cash the biggest pay check of his life while he can.

Good play making ability is his only asset. Isn't physical, not good defensively, average skater, Might as well call Brendan Morrison back.

Archived