The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Parenteau to Test Free Agency

Also to all the people that think Paranteau is as great as his numbers say are I will point to you a couple of things.

First he played on a line with Tavares and Moulson the past 2 seasons so his numbers do get inflated. At the same respect as previous posters have mentioned he was in the minors for 8 seasons. Now is he a good player? Yeah he is but is he a 60 point player I am not sure and as a result I am not sure he deserves the 60 pt+ player kind of money. At this point he is at max a 4 million dollar player but you know some GM will give him 5 or 6.

This is all coming from someone who has Moulson in a keeper league team so I try to follow him more than majority of non Isles fans would.

I really dont want this kid on our team. There is a reason 2 teams gave up on him and then when he gets a chance to play its with Tavares who is a top player in the league. If Av put ebbet with the sedins and he has 2 good seasons does he deserve 3-4 million? Nope.

It's good for both parties. Pareanteau is a type of player who is good on a bad team, and awful on a good team based on his abilities. Might as well go cash the biggest pay check of his life while he can.

Do not want. Would bust in Vancouver pretty bad.

Good play making ability is his only asset. Isn't physical, not good defensively, average skater, Might as well call Brendan Morrison back.

My crystal ball tells me MG will make an attempt to sign PA on July 1st. The crystal ball also tells me PA will sign with a bottom feeder team for $5 million per year on a multi year contract. Dumb GM's overpaying on July 1st. What else is new?

Also to all the people that think Paranteau is as great as his numbers say are I will point to you a couple of things.

First he played on a line with Tavares and Moulson the past 2 seasons so his numbers do get inflated. At the same respect as previous posters have mentioned he was in the minors for 8 seasons. Now is he a good player? Yeah he is but is he a 60 point player I am not sure and as a result I am not sure he deserves the 60 pt+ player kind of money. At this point he is at max a 4 million dollar player but you know some GM will give him 5 or 6.

This is all coming from someone who has Moulson in a keeper league team so I try to follow him more than majority of non Isles fans would.

He would actually be a perfect fit for Kesler. Playmaking winger, sure, but his size is what MG might be looking for. You need size to go deep in the playoffs and survive the physical play, and Parenteau is big enough to last.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Parenteau

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Bitz - Malhotra - Kassian

That's a stacked top-9. 2 potential 20-goal scorers on our 3rd line says it all really.

Oh, I didn't say he played with Tavares. To make things clear, he doesn't play with Tavares. He stopped playing with Tavares earlier this season and still produced points. Though, still, his skill set doesn't translate on a good team. Seems like he was given a lot of freedom and gained a lot of confidence from playing with a weak core. Kind of like what Wellwood was able to accomplish in Toronto.

He would actually be a perfect fit for Kesler. Playmaking winger, sure, but his size is what MG might be looking for. You need size to go deep in the playoffs and survive the physical play, and Parenteau is big enough to last.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Parenteau

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Bitz - Malhotra - Kassian

That's a stacked top-9. 2 potential 20-goal scorers on our 3rd line says it all really.

Archived