The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jensen to play in Sweden if he doesn't make the Canucks roster

nd84

Just a quick question guys.

If he decides to play in Sweden after not making the Canucks roster, it will be just like us sending him to Junior right? Meaning we would have to let him stay in Sweden the whole season and can't call him up?

Just a quick question guys.

If he decides to play in Sweden after not making the Canucks roster, it will be just like us sending him to Junior right? Meaning we would have to let him stay in Sweden the whole season and can't call him up?

There can be a recall clause in the contract, but if he goes there I don't expect we see him back. Any contract he signs now will have a clause that if he makes the Canucks out of training camp, he is released from the Swedish roster.

There can be a recall clause in the contract, but if he goes there I don't expect we see him back. Any contract he signs now will have a clause that if he makes the Canucks out of training camp, he is released from the Swedish roster.

I'm still fairly confident the NHL team has to loan the player to the SEL team, and that the canucks would pay a portion/all of the contract (like huet and the blackhawks) in that situation he doesn't sign a contract with them, the nhl team signs a loan agreement on his behalf. but this area of contract rules is as clear as mud.

Archived