The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canada-Israel 'solidarity' includes defence partnership

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well all you have to do is ask. I never meant that being a social outcast ect as being personal attacks. I was merely trying to make some observations and form a solution. since that was where the conversation was headed. I too am full of weakness and am a social outcast although apart from Scorpio, have buried my ego and accepted my weaknesses. So I was just trying to deal out some friendly advice - which had originally developed from bickering on Both sides.

did i ever say i was blaming one particular side in this conflict , i did not , but it is a fact that the israel was the one that initiated this circle of hatred that coninues to effect the world we live , and as i mentioned my father had a friend that was killed in one of the acts of terror that started this conflict.

The USA invented the "atom bomb" .. the USA is the only country to ever "use" atomic weapons against a protagonist .. Israel is allowed nuclear weapons, no questions asked, because the USA says so .. there is a greater chance Israel will use a nuclear weapon in a preventive strike scenario than Iran ever will .. Iran having the "bomb" balances the power structure in the Mid-east .. what is the problem??

Oh, and what will Canada "defend" Israel with?? .. Luongo and a stout defense? .. cause that is about all we got .. let's send McKay, that useless piece of dog dung, over there to the Middle East as a hostage to peace and hope war breaks out .. :bored:

Just read the following:

Israeli incitement

In May 2012, The Palestinian Authority launched a report highlighting statements made by Israelis that purportedly promote hatred of Palestinians. An accompanying email claimed that the report "is the first of a regular series that will highlight Israeli incitement, giving examples of statements or actions that encourage hatred, support violence or increase tensions, undermining the Palestinian right to a state,”.

The 11-page report lists about a dozen statements by Israeli leaders and schoolbook passages that allegedly prove that Israel is not interested in a peaceful solution with the Palestinians.[34] In May 2012 the 27 foreign ministers of the European Union issued a statement which condemned continued Israeli settler violence and incitement.[35] In a similar move, the Quartet "expressed its concern over ongoing settler violence and incitement in the West Bank," calling on Israel "to take effective measures, including bringing the perpetrators of such acts to justice."[36] The Palestinian Ma'an News agency reported the PA Cabinet's statement on the issue stated that the West Bank and East Jerusalem were seeing "an escalation in incitement and settler violence against our people with a clear protection from the occupation military. The last of which was the thousands of settler march in East Jerusalem which included slogans inciting to kill, hate and supports violence".[37]

Palestinian incitement

Israeli officials and other political figures have harshly criticized what they regard as Palestinians inciting violence against Jews and Israel.

In 2011, Israeli PM Benyamin Netanyahu stated that the incitement promulgated by the Palestinian Authority was destroying Israel’s confidence, and he condemned what he regarded as the glorification of the murderers of the Fogel family in Itamar on PA television. The perpetrator of the murders had been described as a "hero" and a "legend" by members of his family, during a weekly program.[38][39] This occured shortly after the official Palestinian Authority Mufti in Jerusalem publicly read out an Islamic hadith that says killing Jews will speed up the redemption[40] which was criticised by the UK's Minister for the Middle East and North Africa as potentially stirring up "hatred and prejudice".[41][42]

Following the Itamar massacre and a bombing in Jerusalem, 27 US senators sent a letter requesting the US Secretary of State to identify the administration's steps to end Palestinian incitement to violence against Jews and Israel that was occurring within the "Palestinian media, mosques and schools, and even by individuals or institutions affiliated with the Palestinian Authority."[43]Media watchdog, Palestinian Media Watch (PMW), reported in June 2012 that the Palestinian media continually demonizes Israel and Jews and derogates Jewish history. They stated that the Palestinian children are being taught hatred and violence against Jews and Israelis and that only 7 percent of Palestinian teenagers accept Israel's right to exist. They stated that a political peace structure is contingent upon a proceeding educational peace process, which is lacking.[44] Children in a Gaza kindergarten were dressed up in uniforms of the armed wing of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad organisation. They received a toy rifles and chanted anti-Israeli slogans. A teacher stated that this was so the children will "grow up to love the resistance and serve the cause of Palestine and Holy Jihad, as well as to make them leaders and fighters to defend the holy soil of Palestine."[45]The head of the National Security Studies Center, Dan Shiftan, said that this showed a "deep message of the total rejection of Israel, legitimization of terror, and deep-seated victimization."[46]

The United Nations body UNESCO stopped funding a children's magazine sponsored by the Palestinian Authority that commended Hitler's killing of Jews. It deplored this publication as contrary to its principles of building tolerance and respect for human rights and human dignity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli%E2%80%93Palestinian_conflict

Seriously...what is wrong with both of these groups?

Yes, Jerusalem is the biggest issue - but there is somewhat of a border now of west and east - why not just keep it like that and get along?

-----------------------------

It has been the position of Israel that the most Arab-populated parts of West Bank (without major Jewish settlements), and the entire Gaza Strip must eventually be part of an independent Palestinian State. However, the precise borders of this state are in question. At Camp David, for example, then-Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak offered Yasser Arafat an opportunity to establish an independent Palestinian State composed of 92% of the West Bank, Arab neighborhood of East Jerusalem, and the entire Gaza Strip and dismantling of most settlements. Yasser Arafat rejected the proposal without providing a counter-offer. A subsequent settlement proposed by President Clinton offered Palestinian sovereignty over 94 to 96 percent of the West Bank but was similarly rejected.[131][132][133][134][unreliable source?][135]

Some Palestinians claim they are entitled to all of the West Bank, Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem. Israel says it is justified in not ceding all this land, because of security concerns, and also because the lack of any valid diplomatic agreement at the time means that ownership and boundaries of this land is open for discussion.[74] Palestinians claim any reduction of this claim is a severe deprivation of their rights. In negotiations, they claim that any moves to reduce the boundaries of this land is a hostile move against their key interests. Israel considers this land to be in dispute, and feels the purpose of negotiations is to define what the final borders will be.

Other Palestinian groups, such as Hamas, have in the past insisted that Palestinians must control not only the West Bank, Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem, but also all of Israel proper. For this reason, Hamas has viewed the peace process "as religiously forbidden and politically inconceivable".

Sigh..........

Other Palestinian groups, such as Hamas, have in the past insisted that Palestinians must control not only the West Bank, Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem, but also all of Israel proper. For this reason, Hamas has viewed the peace process "as religiously forbidden and politically inconceivable".

Sigh..........

here is some friendly advice , maintain a level of philospohical detachment when putting forward your views and beliefs , do not try to ridicule the person who does not agree with you , rather come up with a convincing argument as to why your views and beliefs are correct .

we all have weakness'es , but trying to point out someone's weakness'es when you are invovled in a debate with them smacks of an attack on the person not the information/argument that they are presenting .

Right like I'm the only one here who ridiculing. What's your advice to the other person in this thread who actually was the first spinning insults around? Try going back and reading to where I was making a reasonable statement and then some genius figured out what i said wasn't admissible in court. Duh :lol: I wasn't digging for some intricate debate to begin with. Just answered some insults and I was asked how I felt. So I answered back.

Right like I'm the only one here who is ridiculing. What's your advice to the other person in this thread who actually was the first spinning insults around? Try going back and reading to where I was making a reasonable statement and then some genius figured out what i said wasn't admissible in court. Duh :lol: I wasn't digging for some intricate debate to begin with. Just answered some insults and I was asked how I felt. So I answered back.

:lol:

Your first post - idiotic Nazi comparisons when the only one even alluding to that is Heretic. Your second post not only misses the point of the article by a nautical mile, you are also ridiculing people for being conspiratorial in a thread about officially declassified documents. And as if to convince everyone just how ignorant you are, you declare your support for Israel despite not having any "details come out". Not that there are any details about a deal, since there is no deal.

And then you have your little story. The sanctions on Iran are over them gaining nuclear capability and have nothing to do with the government abusing its own people. Then again, you must be aware of Israel demolishing Palestinian homes, cutting off water to Palestinian lands, prohibiting potato chips from entering Gaza, and other human rights abuses Israel perpetrates not against its own people, but against another. You denounce terrorism, but Israel has a real good history of such, yet you're not bothered. You say you came here for a conversation?

Worst of all, this thread was completely hijacked by the morons beating the Iran drum, when Iran was never mentioned in the article. Iran is irrelevant to this thread; this thread was about a Canadian politician making implicating statements to Israel. All the nonsense about it being about nuclear Iran, etc. are straw men that successfully achieved the derailing of this thread.

Came here for a conversation indeed. :sadno:

Hey, what conspiracy theory is my head lost in? :lol:

I made no "comparison" to anyone being like the Nazi's - I said, what if the US and Canada didn't enter the World War's when they did?

Why is Iran irrelevant?

IMHO they are:

"Iranian–Israeli relations have shifted from close ties between Israel and Iran during the era of the Pahlavi dynasty to hostility since the Islamic Revolution led by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini. Iran has severed all diplomatic and commercial ties with Israel, and its government does not recognize Israel as a country and refers to its government as the "Zionist regime". The land is referred to by Iran as "Occupied territories".

Due to recent rhetoric between Iran and Israel, development of nuclear technology, and funding of the groups Hamas and Hezbollah, tensions have risen between the State of Israel and the Islamic Republic of Iran,[1] especially after the election of the hardline Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in 2005."

Iran is funding the Hamas which are Palestinian...

Also, what gives yoiu the right to call anyone participating a "moron"?

BTW, I did mention the Nazi's (sort of) one other time - but it was a quote:

"The United Nations body UNESCO stopped funding a children's magazine sponsored by the Palestinian Authority that commended Hitler's killing of Jews. It deplored this publication as contrary to its principles of building tolerance and respect for human rights and human dignity."

Archived