The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mikhail Grigorenko? A man among boys, literally?

So one Western Conference GM says that Grigorenko is 20, not 18, and he's been lying about his age.

@DamoSpin

Another reason why Mikhail Grigorenko's status is plummeting? "I think he's 20, not 18," said one Western Conference GM.

Apparently this is why he's slipping in all the pre-draft rankings. It's certainly interesting. Was this rumour started by a team hoping to have him fall to them?

This reminds me of the Fausto Carmona story, a pitcher for Cleveland. He obtained a false identity in order to get a visa so he could travel to the states, but he is actually older than his false identity says.

http://espn.go.com/m...-false-identity

Nonsense, Grigorenko was born in Russia, and has played hockey in Russia since he was a child. Grigo is not from a South American or African 3rd world country where birth records could be changed or manipulated for a few dollars.

I think Grigo might end up being the best player out of this draft. If this kid slips MG should trade up to snatch him up.

Nonsense, Grigorenko was born in Russia, and has played hockey in Russia since he was a child. Grigo is not from a South American or African 3rd world country where birth records could be changed or manipulated for a few dollars.

I think Grigo might end up being the best player out of this draft. If this kid slips MG should trade up to snatch him up.

What's with all the hate on Grigorenko from these scouts and his low ranking now? This kid's a absolute gem and will be one of the better players to come out of this draft.

His skill level is that of Malkin and Thornton which should attract any team, so I still believe he'll be a top 10 pick no matter what.

If he reaches his potential, he'll be a #1 franchise centremen and the teams that overlooked them will pinch themselves.

What's with all the hate on Grigorenko from these scouts and his low ranking now? This kid's a absolute gem and will be one of the better players to come out of this draft.

His skill level is that of Malkin and Thornton which should attract any team, so I still believe he'll be a top 10 pick no matter what.

If he reaches his potential, he'll be a #1 franchise centremen and the teams that overlooked them will pinch themselves.

Archived