The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Expectations for Goaltender Trades

Captain_Burrows

CDC Goaltender Expectations  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just don't think you can keep Luongo. It's not a comment about which is better or even about youth/experience or even cap hit. At the end of the day management and the coaching staff decided that Luongo doesn't give us the best chance at winning and then said those words in the media. You can't do that to you supposed number one guy. He many not go draft day but he will go.

I don't think keeping both is our greatest option, no point paying 5 million for a guy sitting on your bench. The value you get back from Luongo is more than just the return, the cap space available and long term cap hit is gone, which might be a hard benefit to see but is a benefit none the less. Having said that I think trading Schiender is our worst option, I would rather keep both than trading him.

I think Luongo is a great goaltender and still has a tremendous amount of value, but for how long? Players get affected by age at different ages. A lot of top goalies play until their 40's, but you have to wonder about keeping a guy that's now leaving his prime. I think we've seen enough of a sample size from Cory that he can play top level hockey. It's time to let this kid take over and in doing so that leaves us with moving Luongo's contract one way or another.

At this point.

Luongo trade doesn't seem to be going through, so lets either keep em both or trade Schneider.

Luongo is still very capable and one of the best goalies in the league, you guys should appreciate what we have in both of them.

I'd probably hope to trade Luongo, feels like he kinda wants to leave.

Also, I remember them saying Quick and Schneider were rivals through highschool and university, so if Quick can be a star goalie, I think Schneider is just as capable.

Schneider's contract will probably also be a lot less than Lu's, and he's only 26.

TSN insider Darren Dreger reports Panthers have limited interest in Luongo (salary issues), no meaningful negotiations. Ditto with Leafs.

I have said this over and over again, Like him or hate him Luongo has little to no Value, best case would be cap space

Behond CDC Luongo is a overpaid, aging, underachieving liability

TSN insider Darren Dreger reports Panthers have limited interest in Luongo (salary issues), no meaningful negotiations. Ditto with Leafs.

I have said this over and over again, Like him or hate him Luongo has little to no Value, best case would be cap space

Behond CDC Luongo is a overpaid, aging, underachieving liability

Luongo has got to be more valuable to the team on it than off it. There are teams out there that could offer up a lot more for Cory. I would like to see a 1 for 1 trade involving a forward or defensman in and around the same age as Schneider.

Just because some guy on TSN says so, doesn't mean anything. Even if it is true, they're not going to say they're interested, unless they want to be on the losing end of the deal. Let's just see what happens.

Archived