Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

CDC Expectations for Goaltender Trades

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

Poll: CDC Goaltender Expectations (142 member(s) have cast votes)

Which goalie do you think will be traded?

1. Luongo (103 votes [72.54%])

Percentage of vote: 72.54%

2. Schneider (39 votes [27.46%])

Percentage of vote: 27.46%

When do you think they will they be traded?

1. Draft (66 votes [46.48%])

Percentage of vote: 46.48%

2. July 1 or After (71 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Trade Deadline (5 votes [3.52%])

Percentage of vote: 3.52%

Would you be mad if both goalies are still around after trade deadline?

1. Yes (58 votes [40.85%])

Percentage of vote: 40.85%

2. No (84 votes [59.15%])

Percentage of vote: 59.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,745 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

I just don't think you can keep Luongo. It's not a comment about which is better or even about youth/experience or even cap hit. At the end of the day management and the coaching staff decided that Luongo doesn't give us the best chance at winning and then said those words in the media. You can't do that to you supposed number one guy. He many not go draft day but he will go.

I don't think keeping both is our greatest option, no point paying 5 million for a guy sitting on your bench. The value you get back from Luongo is more than just the return, the cap space available and long term cap hit is gone, which might be a hard benefit to see but is a benefit none the less. Having said that I think trading Schiender is our worst option, I would rather keep both than trading him.

I think Luongo is a great goaltender and still has a tremendous amount of value, but for how long? Players get affected by age at different ages. A lot of top goalies play until their 40's, but you have to wonder about keeping a guy that's now leaving his prime. I think we've seen enough of a sample size from Cory that he can play top level hockey. It's time to let this kid take over and in doing so that leaves us with moving Luongo's contract one way or another.

I agree - I'm guessing Luongo to Florida tomorrow. Gillis and Tallon are playing poker as we speak...

The latest volleys from the Leafs and their media has motivated Gillis not to waste his time or get drawn into extended games and posturing with them. Another deal with our long time favorite trade partner.

Edited by oldnews, 20 June 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#32 kj29

kj29

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

whoever brought us to the 2011 stanley cup final, keep that one.
whoever was the one on the bench most of the time, trade him, he has more value, therefore we will get more back

o5udj8.jpg

medium.jpg CDCFL medium.jpg CDCEHL medium.jpg CDCSTHS

*Commissioner of CDCYHL*

#33 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

Trade Schneider. I want to keep the 2010 gold medal, 2011 game 7 stanley cup finals goalie, record holding Canucks netminder in Luongo

Trade Lou. I want to get rid of the goalie that craps his pants every time he hears the words "playoff" and "game." Am I the only one that remembers Lou's patented let-a-goal-in-in-the-dying-minutes-of-a-game during our gold medal win? That proves that it isn't the Canucks D in front of him, unless it means it's the best Canadian defenseman in the world too... it's Lou, he can't show up when it matters. Thankfully we had some well know players by the names of Jarome Iginla and Sidney Crosby to bail him out. "Yeah but he had some shutouts in the SCF last year" BS!!! How many goals did he let in during the rest of the games? and oh yeah, what was the score in game 7? Team game yes. So then we can all agree that Lou's team records are because of the team in front of him as we have never won so many trophies and been recognized like we have before. Interesting that we still don't have a Vezina. And if it is a team game, why does Lou never own up to his crappy play and instead throw his team under the bus?

Edited by Jester13, 20 June 2012 - 07:46 PM.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#34 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,658 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

Trade Lou. I want to get rid of the goalie that craps his pants every time he hears the words "playoff" and "game." Am I the only one that remembers Lou's patented let-a-goal-in-in-the-dying-minutes-of-a-game during our gold medal win? That proves that it isn't the Canucks D in front of him, unless it means it's the best Canadian defenseman in the world too... it's Lou, he can't show up when it matters. Thankfully we had some well know players by the names of Jarome Iginla and Sidney Crosby to bail him out. "Yeah but he had some shutouts in the SCF last year" BS!!! How many goals did he let in during the rest of the games? and oh yeah, what was the score in game 7? Team game yes. So then we can all agree that Lou's team records are because of the team in front of him as we have never won so many trophies and been recognized like we have before. Interesting that we still don't have a Vezina. And if it is a team game, why does Lou never own up to his crappy play and instead throw his team under the bus?

:picard:

1: Of a players skate

2: The team could not score. For the love of god...

3: Hater.

Edited by Monteeun, 20 June 2012 - 08:18 PM.

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#35 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

:picard:

1: Of a players skate (happens ALL THE TIME with him doesn't it, you might not get this point because you prob don't watch the games)

2: The team could not score. For the love of god... (teams don't score tonnes of goals in the playoffs because it's the playoffs, unless you're playing against Lou)

3: Hater. (realist)

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#36 cs2016

cs2016

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

I have a feeling that Lu or CS might be traded after July 1 or into next season. However all the hype has been built up for Lu's trade it's like everyone is expecting to have him gone at the end of the week so I have another feeling that there will be some disappointment on CDC if Lu is not traded. If really don't care which goalie is traded just that whatever action MG chooses to take will be the best for the team and give it an even better chance to win the Cup. However I think MG must also consider the long term future of the team. Finally, I wouldn't be mad if both were still here at the end of the trade deadline as long as there is no conflict caused by their situation. You can never have enough goalies.

#37 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,658 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

Just because some guy on TSN says so, doesn't mean anything. Even if it is true, they're not going to say they're interested, unless they want to be on the losing end of the deal. Let's just see what happens.

Oh and that last part, that's just rude dude.
Show some respect. If he wasn't our goaltender in the 2010-11 cup run, we never would have made it as far as we did. Sure gave me some great memories, I will definitely miss him if he's gone in October.

Many years from now ppl will remember how Luongo saved this franchise. If it wasn't for Luongo, we would still be years away from being contenders.

Sometimes people don't appreciate what they have until after a very long time.

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#38 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

...only goalie we've ever truly groomed.

I thought the Canucks did a pretty good job with Hanlon.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#39 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,658 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

1: Of a players skate (happens ALL THE TIME with him doesn't it, you might not get this point because you prob don't watch the games) Yes, it happens all the time. When the puck bounces off of people, its usually very hard to stop pucks. You must not play hockey at all. People usually don't blame goalies when it goes off of someone's skate like that. You're just a hater. Or a...nvm

2: The team could not score. For the love of god... (teams don't score tonnes of goals in the playoffs because it's the playoffs, unless you're playing against Lou) When you don't score, yea, its a fricking problem. You're tempting fate quite a bit when you're relying on your goalie like that. And its usually not a smart thing to do.

3: Hater. (realist) Yes, in your mind.

Edited by Monteeun, 20 June 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#40 Hank4Hart

Hank4Hart

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

What an idiot....

Try stopping that one please.
Roberto Luongo - Champion, All-Star, Poet
Posted Image

#41 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,658 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

What an idiot....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz9tH0z7U3k

Try stopping that one please.

That's what i'm saying. That guy must be the first dumba ss in the history of hockey to blame the goalie for a puck of a skate hockey bounce.

That guy is just a hater and he/she proved it.

Most ppl would just say, "man, that was a crazy bounce." But this guy goes, "blame the goalie."

Edited by Monteeun, 20 June 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#42 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Trade Luongo; keep Schneider. Sign Schneider to a 4-year deal at a reasonable price of 4M-5M.
Posted Image

#43 Hank4Hart

Hank4Hart

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

The thing is that Lui even stopped the deflection, its the rebound that got him. Anyone that says the goal is Luongo's fault should look at where the defence was at the time of the goal (Weber).

Anyways Lui is my favorite player but I still believe he should move on because the people of Vancouver really don't deserve him, and also that Schneids is technically superior/younger/cheaper..
Roberto Luongo - Champion, All-Star, Poet
Posted Image

#44 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

I would prefer a younger goalie developed by the Canucks organization.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#45 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,481 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

And don't get me wrong I love Lu, I love him more than Schneider, and I think that he is every bit as good if not better, I just think Cory is a better long term choice and I think is better for our organization overall.

zackass.png

#46 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

Trade Luongo. You can't sign any impact players unless you free up some cap space. Trading Cory Schneider only frees up $900K of cap versus Luongo at $5.3M. Schneider is going to get paid more on a new contract but not anywhere near $5.3M.
Trading either one of them is a gamble but necessary to aquire players to shore up some areas of the team eg top 4 dman to play with Edler (unless Salo returns for another year), a 3rd line centre and 2nd line RW.
If the two goalies can work together, I would be okay with the 2 of them splitting duties to start the season. It is the only option if MG is getting lowball offers. The last thing we need is to trade either one of the Jenkins trophy winners for anything other than fair market value. Timing is going to be most important to get a deal worked out so really it doesn't matter when it gets done as long as Luongo and Schneider are cool with it and MG has the right players to make another strong attempt to win the Cup this coming season.

#47 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

People who say Luongo has little or no value are

1) Luongo haters
2) No nothing about hockey

If he went to Toronto he would instantly make them a contender. Also with Vokoun, Harding, Bernier etc, off the market, Luongo's value is through the roof as he is the only elite number 1 goalie available.

3) Influenced by the Media's consensus
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#48 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

I love the hate in this thread <3

#49 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,139 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

More likely, Luongo is getting traded.

307mg00.jpg

#50 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

Just to get an idea of what everyone thinks on the boards.

You don't show the option for neither goalie being traded - which is a strong possibility.

#51 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

I agree - I'm guessing Luongo to Florida tomorrow. Gillis and Tallon are playing poker as we speak...

The latest volleys from the Leafs and their media has motivated Gillis not to waste his time or get drawn into extended games and posturing with them. Another deal with our long time favorite trade partner.

The Burkian ego is legendary - posturing and puffery is what it is all about.

#52 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

whoever brought us to the 2011 stanley cup final, keep that one.
whoever was the one on the bench most of the time, trade him, he has more value, therefore we will get more back

And we will be left with the worst playoff goalie in 2012... let's avoid that Stanley Cup like it is radioactive.

#53 Sneetch

Sneetch

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

I think M-A Fleury was by far the worst playoff goalie in 2012, followed closely by Bryzgalov.

#54 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

Why are you so angry?

Relax buddy

Just trying to point out that the only source you will find in the hockey world giving any value to luongo is CDC and if you believe you are a more reliable source than tsn then congrats

I'll stick with tsn

I'd love to know if those experts thought Scott Gomez had any trade value.

Edited by GradinToSmyl, 21 June 2012 - 09:54 AM.

After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#55 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

Am I the only one that remembers Lou's patented let-a-goal-in-in-the-dying-minutes-of-a-game during our gold medal win?

You are not the only one who remembers the goal, but you are one of the "special" few that seemingly are obsessed enough about it to still mention it. The important part of your post though is "win". Sweetheart, it is ok to want to trade Luongo, many of us do. But I see no reason to embarrass yourself with such nonsense posts.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#56 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

And we will be left with the worst playoff goalie in 2012... let's avoid that Stanley Cup like it is radioactive.

Someone needs some degaussing.

#57 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

Dead on. Plus Schneider will get us a bigger return too.

So you are for keeping the player with LESS value?

#58 Creid

Creid

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

keep Schneider.Younger,cheaper,only goalie we've ever truly groomed.To all you saying trade Schneider what would you honestly say if Schneider is as good as his numbers suggest,and he achieves this on another team? Canucks would be laughed at for the next 20 years.Some people are so scared of change they would rather let our cup window and valuable assets walk or be traded than to succeed with different personnel

Schneider isn't going to be that much cheaper, if Canucks ship Lu do you really think schneider is going to sign for less then 4m. Sure Schneider could be as good as his numbers suggest. there is a big difference between playing 33 games then 70+ games. We know for sure Lu is as good as his numbers suggest cause he's done it his whole career. If we trade Schneider we will be as good as we were in previous years (arguably the best team in the league). if we trade Lu you never know we might not even make the playoffs. now that would be why everyone laughs.

#59 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,745 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

People who say Luongo has little or no value are

1) Luongo haters
2) No nothing about hockey

If he went to Toronto he would instantly make them a contender. Also with Vokoun, Harding, Bernier etc, off the market, Luongo's value is through the roof as he is the only elite number 1 goalie available.

3) duped by halfwit Toronto journalists

4) no longer even considered credible on the Leafs message boards.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.