Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report/Speculation] Neither Florida or Toronto have had meaningful negotiations about Luongo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

https://twitter.com/...566130297839617

I doubt it... At least, I want to. :sadno:

#2 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

No way I believe it. Both teams are looking for a starter. There's one super available starter.

zuhwS.gif

#3 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

bunch of nonsense. Leafs soooo want him. :lol:

Hell, I want him on our team. Make some team trade the farm for schneider and let's go win a damn cup.

#4 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,327 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

Lies. I feel like Burke is just downplaying the hype right now.

Jagermeister.jpg

#5 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

There are already so many threads on Luongo, leafs.... etc.. etc.. etc... Why not keep it all in the same thread.

IMO we don't need another thread for every so called hockey analyst's tweet on the subject.

#6 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

bull
Posted Image

#7 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Yeah, I heard Darren Dreger talking about it on SC. I think Spector just randomly mentioned Toronto in there though.

Edited by Canucksbiggestfan, 20 June 2012 - 03:58 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 logic

logic

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Do you honestly think a GM would publicly display interest in an elite goaltender like Luo? It was give MG bargaining power, for example, if a player openly asks for a trade it would decrease his trade value versus keeping it on the downlow.

the_man_on_the_moon___paul_pogba_by_yupp

#9 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

Honestly, I don't know what to believe right now,
Posted Image

#10 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

I want Luongo and Schneider to both stay.

Come at me brethren.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#11 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,416 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Define 'meaningful.'

At this point, kicking the tires is all that would be expected. The only 'mega interest' in a trade is that which has been drummed up by the media.

'B-But samjam said it was almost done!'. We're witnessing the rise and fall of some chump on twitter and his bloggy promoters. Fail, fools. Cheers.

TOML

comeundone.gif

#12 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,416 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

Come at me brethren.

Since Gillis isn't going to be an idiot about this, we're winning whether we're trading either or keeping both. So...

TOML

comeundone.gif

#13 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Define 'meaningful.'

At this point, kicking the tires is all that would be expected. The only 'mega interest' in a trade is that which has been drummed up by the media.

'B-But samjam said it was almost done!'. We're witnessing the rise and fall of some chump on twitter and his bloggy promoters. Fail, fools. Cheers.

TOML

Watch TO make the exact deal SJ99 talked about . . . that would be hilarious. Seriously. I would laugh. Not at you or anyone who thinks he's garbage. Just out of ridiculousness.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#14 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,416 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

Honestly i forget what that deal was, other than it was 90% done almost a month ago and that 'he broke the story' although Lu to TO talk has been going on since April.

Jesus this off-season seems LONG.

comeundone.gif

#15 CanucksWino

CanucksWino

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

Come at me brethren.

I agree - it's totally sensical to have $9-10 million in cap space tied up in goaltending...

#16 iLLmAtlc

iLLmAtlc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

I kinda feel CDC is in a bit of denial about luongo. To me it's really no surprise that these teams aren't foaming at the mouth to get him. He's been trashed repeatedly on this board, on tv, in newspapers and I think his reputation these days really isn't that great, definitely not worth the risk of taking on a long term contract and giving up good assets to get him.

Posted Image

#17 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

There are already so many threads on Luongo, leafs.... etc.. etc.. etc... Why not keep it all in the same thread.

IMO we don't need another thread for every so called hockey analyst's tweet on the subject.

+1

Honestly i forget what that deal was, other than it was 90% done almost a month ago and that 'he broke the story' although Lu to TO talk has been going on since April.

Jesus this off-season seems LONG.

Why do I get flashes of Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas/The Rum Diary whenever I read a post of yours addressing the painfully long Canucks' offseason?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#18 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

yawn :bored:

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#19 cs2016

cs2016

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

All this Luongo hype is kind of getting a bit repetitive. Everything will play out in a couple of days and if not than it's time to get excited for July 1.

#20 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 19,558 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

Cox and Dreger stepping up the Toronto lobby - sure working hard to posture that they aren't interested enough in Luongo to make a meaningful offer - regardless I really doubt either of them can speak for Florida - wishful thinking on their part, but they aren't the only players, and if they were, no point in playing period. No giveaways for the Leafs - sorry - we know you guys suck, but this isn't the world of charity or affirmative action.

#21 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

CDC can't admit that there's a possibility not many/few teams are interested in Luongo.

#22 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,092 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

CDC can't admit that there's a possibility not many/few teams are interested in Luongo.

It's hard to move superstars, that's also the reason Nash hasn't gone either.

#23 CoreyPerry

CoreyPerry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

dreger and cox are just toronto lackey's CAMAN
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to CanucksBen for Kassian sig

#24 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 19,558 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

Lebrun:
"Burke declined to talk about specific goalie targets, but it’s clear through conversations I’ve had with other league sources that the Leafs have interest in Luongo, although as of Wednesday morning, I don’t believe there had been any meaningful discussions between Toronto and Vancouver.

It starts with wishy washy speculation, and these other Toronto guys Cox and Dreger (who has conflict of interest written all over his positions) run with it and are merely parroting each other.
No news here - no real sources - just Toronto media playing games.

I personally am glad to see Toronto resorting to this for a number of reasons. The first and foremost being that I don't want them to have Luongo - second, it is weak.

#25 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

Both sides are trying to gain the power and all gillis has to do is hold out.

I'm thinking Burke is trying to play it off like he's not that interested to get gillis to flog him off for barely anything.. Gillis is too smart for that. He will hold out till the right deal comes, if need be right into next season. The longer he holds out the more desperate Toronto and other teams with struggling/underperforming goalies become.. Burke can play it off like he's not interested all he wants but the fact is luongo is the best goalie availible and the price is gonna skyrocket when other goalies start underperforming and showing their true colors. He'd be better off making a solid pitch for him now.

#26 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,398 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

Keep Luongo!

1314_IProvo_1680x1050.jpg

#27 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

I agree - it's totally sensical to have $9-10 million in cap space tied up in goaltending...

Bahahahaha.

If Schneider falters, or Luongo chokes, nobody is going to give a DAMN how much we would have had invested in goaltending (if we kept them both).

Schneider is still an unproven goaltender; IDGAF how much you CDC pro scouts jerk off to his lateral movement and HNIC after hours interview. Just because you think he can't fail, because of the unlimited talent you perceive he has, doesn't mean he won't. The man has played like 50 games in his career!

And if Luongo gets shelled, wouldn't having a second goaltender ready to go be amazing?

One more year. You win, you're in. We can trade a goalie during the year, or in the next off-season.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#28 Ryan Strome

Ryan Strome

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Lol.

Cdc just can't admit that Lu's value isn't as high as they think it is.

Gardiner and the 5th overall, Lmao.

#29 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

Lol.

Cdc just can't admit that Lu's value isn't as high as they think it is.

Gardiner and the 5th overall, Lmao.

I've never once thought his value was that high.

I was always hovering around Toronto's 2nd rounder, a prospect and a roster player.

Like:

Franson, Colborne & TOR 2nd

FOR

Luongo, Raymond & Tanev.

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#30 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,054 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

Lebrun:
"Burke declined to talk about specific goalie targets, but it’s clear through conversations I’ve had with other league sources that the Leafs have interest in Luongo, although as of Wednesday morning, I don’t believe there had been any meaningful discussions between Toronto and Vancouver.

It starts with wishy washy speculation, and these other Toronto guys Cox and Dreger (who has conflict of interest written all over his positions) run with it and are merely parroting each other.
No news here - no real sources - just Toronto media playing games.

I personally am glad to see Toronto resorting to this for a number of reasons. The first and foremost being that I don't want them to have Luongo - second, it is weak.

Come on man get with the program. Dreger already stated that Florida doesn't have enough money to resign Garrison so we have to conclude that they cannot afford Lou, right? If you cannot belieeve these guys (after all they are professionals and have a rep to protect) then who can you believe, Grapes?

These are the same guys who are ruining our game with their nightly inquistions on hits from behind, elbows, late hits.. you know the drift. Burke and Gillis will play them and vice versa. The clock ticks!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.