The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report/Speculation] Neither Florida or Toronto have had meaningful negotiations about Luongo

Do you honestly think a GM would publicly display interest in an elite goaltender like Luo? It was give MG bargaining power, for example, if a player openly asks for a trade it would decrease his trade value versus keeping it on the downlow.

Define 'meaningful.'

At this point, kicking the tires is all that would be expected. The only 'mega interest' in a trade is that which has been drummed up by the media.

'B-But samjam said it was almost done!'. We're witnessing the rise and fall of some chump on twitter and his bloggy promoters. Fail, fools. Cheers.

TOML

Define 'meaningful.'

At this point, kicking the tires is all that would be expected. The only 'mega interest' in a trade is that which has been drummed up by the media.

'B-But samjam said it was almost done!'. We're witnessing the rise and fall of some chump on twitter and his bloggy promoters. Fail, fools. Cheers.

TOML

I kinda feel CDC is in a bit of denial about luongo. To me it's really no surprise that these teams aren't foaming at the mouth to get him. He's been trashed repeatedly on this board, on tv, in newspapers and I think his reputation these days really isn't that great, definitely not worth the risk of taking on a long term contract and giving up good assets to get him.

Cox and Dreger stepping up the Toronto lobby - sure working hard to posture that they aren't interested enough in Luongo to make a meaningful offer - regardless I really doubt either of them can speak for Florida - wishful thinking on their part, but they aren't the only players, and if they were, no point in playing period. No giveaways for the Leafs - sorry - we know you guys suck, but this isn't the world of charity or affirmative action.

Archived