The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report/Speculation] Neither Florida or Toronto have had meaningful negotiations about Luongo

Dreger is just trying help his brother in law out. There's no way Burke can go into next season with Reimer and Scrivens unless he's going for another lottery. Hopefully MG is going to be patient and make Burke sweat it out. Luongo and Schneids is an upgrade on 20 teams goaltending and there is no goalies available, MG holds all the cards. If there is no market for Lu, trade Schneids, Lack is not too far behind,

Easy explanation...we have the cap space because Kesler will be on LTIR... nothings happening at least till Xmas... We don't have to make any trades right now in goal...we have one of the best goal tandems in the league!

What we might need instead is a center and dman upgrade

I laugh at your proposals, because they are funny.

IMO Luongo's contract is the main reason he will not be moved.

We will see who is correct

I hope to god its you and so does Gillis.

But like i said before I dont live in a dream world.

Burke on if they can’t land a goalie,

“We are prepared to go forward on that basis,” Burke said. “If we can upgrade at the goaltending position, and at a reasonable price, we’ll do it. But we are prepared [to go with Reimer-Scrivens]. I believe in James Reimer. He’s young, he’s athletic, I believe in this kid. If we have to start like that, we will.”

Ok I'll get with the program.

Luongo to Toronto for Komisarek - straight up.

Sorry, I just can't take Cox or Dreger seriously, certainly not on the Luongo matter.

The Panthers have 40.5 million in contracts at the moment - 30 million dollars of space under the projected cap. Tallon was free to go out and spend 7+ million on Campbell - they made the playoffs - they are a franchise on the upswing - I'm sure Luongo for two young players and a roster player would only add a couple million in cap. I don't think the problem with signing Garrison is a lack of money or cap space - I think he is looking to test the market or go somewhere of choice.

Archived